What a prick move by Cook

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rambition

Rookie
Agreed, Cook is a PUNK ! When a team mate forgives his concrete hands and wants to give him a high five he throws a 5 year old fit. He is slow as molasses - 5 yards away from the end zone and does the Daddy Long Legs flop around
i think i saw jed clampett bust that move once on an episode of beverly hillbillies.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
William Hayes indicated what a "non issue " it was .
As Selassie says "what's done drunk was thought of beforehand" er sumthin like that.
What Cook did was a clear window into his attitude ,not that he might be atypical there are very likely many people in the league so self involved as to act out that way.
Those who term it 5 year old behavior are spot on and JMO it probably permeates his attitude whenever he fails .
Cut him ? No , it wasn't the worst thing anyone has ever done, but to let it go, not me, I will look for it again,see I'm not thinking I saw the first instance ,that this just materialized in a 27 or so year old man.
I do think it can be turned to his growth if handled the right way, Brandon Marshall was a total grease fire and he's turned his career around, but he sought help,don't know if Cook and others will see it as something worthy of that sort of measure ,but something is awry with that dudes internal dialogue when he strikes out that way ,just is, and in my never to be humble opinion ,he produced that dialogue and won't produce better without some intervention.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cook is overpaid IMO.

They could have done just as well going with Kendricks and Harkey.

In fact, I really like Kendricks.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
William Hayes indicated what a "non issue " it was .
As Selassie says "what's done drunk was thought of beforehand" er sumthin like that.
What Cook did was a clear window into his attitude ,not that he might be atypical there are very likely many people in the league so self involved as to act out that way.
Those who term it 5 year old behavior are spot on and JMO it probably permeates his attitude whenever he fails .
Cut him ? No , it wasn't the worst thing anyone has ever done, but to let it go, not me, I will look for it again,see I'm not thinking I saw the first instance ,that this just materialized in a 27 or so year old man.
I do think it can be turned to his growth if handled the right way, Brandon Marshall was a total grease fire and he's turned his career around, but he sought help,don't know if Cook and others will see it as something worthy of that sort of measure ,but something is awry with that dudes internal dialogue when he strikes out that way ,just is, and in my never to be humble opinion ,he produced that dialogue and won't produce better without some intervention.

You can't compare the two. Brandon apparently has mental issues (bipolar). I don't think there are any indications about that for Jared. But overall his body of work (at least how he carries himself), this is the outlier.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Cook should been the one going up to AD with a hand extended. Not the other way around. Best thing to do is learn from it and use it. I think a loss like this with some turmoil and then a bye week can help this team grow up faster. Let's hope they can grow from it and build something next week.

Ramathon

Actually it's not.. he's not on my team with a punkish move as such. What's he going to do in a really big game?

Granted we have to get to a really big game, but with his attitude, there's no way we will. Hence another reason. :cool:

Actually, it is.

It was a bonehead move for sure. But as dumb as it was, I'm almost a little relieved to see a Rams' player acknowledge that he screwed up. Obviously, there are much better ways to express his disappointment in himself. But suggesting he should be cut over it is WAY over the top.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I personally never cared for the Cook signing. I thought we paid too much for the production he achieved in TEN. If you compair Cooks last year in TEN to Kendricks same year stats, they are identical. But it is what it is, I'm not a staff memeber of the Rams. :cautious:

CoachO

Hall of Fame
The first thing that came to mind for me, when I heard about it, (didn't see it when it happened live) was that this was a case of a rookie QB, who just doesn't know when to interject himself into a situation with a veteran receiver. While I don't necessarily think Cook showed a whole lot of maturity, I also think this could be as much a situation when being a "young" QB, who seems to have enough emotion in his game to go around, not knowing when to pick his spots. I also think that if it were Hill or Bradford, Cook doesn't react the same way. Not saying its right, but it is what it is.

That Davis went right back to Cook on the next drive, (more than once), tells me, that once again, this is a case of the some wanting to make more of a situation than is really there. These sort of exchanges happen every week, but go unnoticed unless caught on camera.

I also, think it may be a tad of an overstatement on the part of a few, to try to characterize Austin Davis as "the leader of the team" after 2 games. He was a week from the unemployment line had Bradford not been injured. QB yes, leader? Not so much.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Let's ALL go WAY overboard on a frustration push from last season's and this game's top receiver!

You know, I wonder how many of the people upset about this little meaningless incident also thought it was OK for Peterson to whip his 4 year old with a switch?

If we're going to be all
ridiculous and emotional, let's just stir it all up!

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This event might even make them closer. A passion to win and it's our Rams on the sideline boiling over. It could have been Jesus holding his hand out at that moment and Cook would have knocked it away. I think he was in that place where you get so mad or upset, you just lose it. Thank goodness Fisher didn't get pushed by Cook, but at that moment, it could have happened.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let's ALL go WAY overboard on a frustration push from last season's and this game's top receiver!

You know, I wonder how many of the people upset about this little meaningless incident also thought it was OK for Peterson to whip his 4 year old with a switch?

If we're going to be all

Is this necessary? thought this board was better than this.
:confused:

BadCompany

Rookie
The good thing that I took out of it was the way that the team went after Cook in defense of a third string quarterback. Obviously Hayes and Quinn - two DEFENSIVE players - but you can also see Stacy trying to fight through the crowd to get at Cook. And then you see Hill being the veteran sitting with Cook, clearly providing an ear for him to vent on.

And then Cook apologized.

I don't know guys, it seems to me that there was a lot of team spirit being displayed here. We're talking about a big-money veteran being put in his place, big time, over a confrontation with a third string, quasi-rookie, could-have-been-a-practice-squad-player. I know they wouldn't have let it go completely, but Hayes and Quinn went after him with real anger, and not just with an "ok, let's just settle down here". It seemed to be a much bigger display of team unity than of discord, if you ask me, a real "nobody is bigger than anybody else" moment.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame

If we're going to be all

:fighting:

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And then you see Hill being the veteran sitting with Cook, clearly providing an ear for him to vent on.

Hill: "I told you to shove him to the ground and injure him, you idiot!"
Cook: "Oh, yeah, sorry about that... I'll get him next game if he starts!!"
:sneaky: