What a prick move by Cook

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Not the actions of a man, he should have been apologizing to Davis instead of letting his disappointment externalize ,he's paid to catch the high pass it was where it needed to be ,obviously has issues accepting responsibility,,THEN they came back to him again and again , dude should be ashamed .Didn't have a camera on him the rest of the way ,maybe he did apologize who knows but there ain't NO excuse for what he did.
I've always been on Cooks case for his blocking or lack there of , if he's gonna be that way, the team doesn't need him.
I thought Davis had a very good game,don't fault him on the second int. desperate situations you're gonna get picked .
Thought overall Shotty called an amazing game ,FWIW IMO the officials flat stole this game from us with bad spots and that abysmal roughing call, Dallas got calls when they needed them

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
I don't know. Then again, Dez Bryant and Terrell Owens were both known for sideline antics and I'd kill for Bryant or a prime TO on this team.

If Cook does it again, I'll be more inclined to support cutting him. Right now, it's an one time issue that will be dealt with by the team.

You don't do crap like that to your QB, team leader. Enough said, and I'll leave it at that. Myself I'm fine with what we have. I don't need a Bryant or TO in his prime on my team. To each their own. :cool: I have to agree with Rhody though earlier in the thread. Let's see what Cookie has to say about the incident. I don't think we can cut him with cap implications either, but I would just to send a message for punkish behavior..

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Very true PT the right move by Hayes. Still wondering where the Oline was to defend their QB tho

It happened too quickly. I'm guessing that whole incident gets discussed in the locker room, in meetings and in Fisher's office with the door closed.

bluecoconuts

Legend
That's not really possible, imho. This team is mentally brittle, fighting for every scrap. When a player blows up at this own teammates on the sideline, that's a crippling distraction. Not one the team can afford. I'd honestly sit him for the next game. Put him on the inactive list. We're not going anywhere, and Fisher is only going to the unemployment office, but there still need to be consequences.

If they're that brittle then we have far more problems than Cook being an asshole.

Either way very disappointed in Cook. Fisher will do what's right I'm sure. Private or public, I trust Fisher.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I don't disagree.

But, I also understand why he was pissed and sort of glad he was.

I'm not happy he was mad. He has had too many reasons to be mad.
Catch the ball. He's suppose to be an athletic freak, yet he can't handle the rudimentary part of the game.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
What the hell is Hill clapping about? :0

Wow.......that was really bad form on Cooks part. Hayes straightened him out it looks like. I'm sure they will handle this in the locker room. My guess is he regrets it, Cook is a good guy from everything Ive seen/heard.

A little dust up, it's being overblown. Seriously.....cut him? LOL!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
It happened too quickly. I'm guessing that whole incident gets discussed in the locker room, in meetings and in Fisher's office with the door closed.

There won't even be a meeting, it'll get handled in the locker room before the team even talks to the press.

This happens sometimes. No biggie.

When posters were saying he hit him I thought he took a swing at him.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

It looks pretty clear that he put his shoulder into it. It wasn't an accidental run in.
I don't see anything that was accidental by Cook.
That's what concerned me.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Wow.......that was really bad form on Cooks part. Hayes straightened him out it looks like. I'm sure they will handle this in the locker room. My guess is he regrets it, Cook is a good guy from everything Ive seen/heard.

A little dust up, it's being overblown. Seriously.....cut him? LOL!

I personally didn't like it but I doubt it's an issue at all in the locker room. Most are really getting worked up over this and it's not likely a big deal.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I can't answer the question why did Fisher let him back in, with anything logical except maybe he didn't see it and needed more info. It's kind of hard to coach and discipline a situation you might be getting second hand news on.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Point 1: Making a mountain out of a mole hill. Why would you approach another player who had his 1st drop of the year. Having played the position it something as a QB you should know which of your players need a hug and who you need to let simmer in their own stew.

Point 2: Fisher will handle this eternally.

Point 3: This stuff happens a whole lot. Emotions, Egos and Expectations not met.

Mike

Rookie
Name
Mike
I didn't get to see the game but did see the drop on Redzone. If he catches that ball we win. Very bad that he pushed the young qb.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Point 1: Making a mountain out of a mole hill. Why would you approach another player who had his 1st drop of the year. Having played the position it something as a QB you should know which of your players need a hug and who you need to let simmer in their own stew.

Point 3: This stuff happens a whole lot. Emotions, Egos and Expectations not met.
He could have easily gone around Austin.
Catch the ball.

Not buying it.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Make him run suicides til he shits himself, you fucked up yourself, not the QB. This team is bad off enough without a drama queen turning on his own teammates because he fucked up all by himself.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
On the positive side - there's Hayes stepping in to bring order. Good for him!
If it wasn't Hayes it would of been C.Long i'm sure. Good to see some leadership from Hayes there.

Speaking of leadership, Cook showed some anti-leadership today. Had a nice game though(7-75). He dropped an easy TD. No excuse for that but lets not crucify him. He was a big part of an offense that scored a lot of points today. Without Cook's contributions we don't march up n down the field with ease all day.

I'm far too pissed off at the defense right now to throw Cook out into the dumpster because he dropped a sure TD and then lost his cool on the sidelines.

Seems to me that today's game showed quite the opposite. Cook was consistently getting open. And as maddening as that drop was, he torched the Dallas DB on that play. He was also open over the middle on the Davis INT to Claiborne. He was quite effective today. Just needs to get his crap together and stop with the stupid mistakes. That all said, every player makes mistakes. I'm more peeved at him for his immature reaction on the sideline than the dropped pass. Dropped passes happen...some are less excusable than others but that's football.

I saw the Cook I've seen since he got here, a player who can make all the plays except for catching the ball.

Dropped passes happen, they just happen to Cook at one of the highest rates in the league.

Maybe it's something you take, and make adjustments to, just don't throw to him when you actually need a completion?

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff

He was approaching him in a postive manner, not a negative one.. Good lord.. lol

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
austinshove.0.gif
No one else notice Sean Hill doing his best Spagnuolo impersonation in the background?