We have to draft Winston

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
You're correct many have failed, however, many have been successful too. Dan Marino, Warren Sapp, Michael Irvin the list can go back to Paul Hornung so there have been many even Janoris Jenkins came with some red flags for example.

You don't win with choir boys and I understand things are looked upon differently at Quarterback, but many have been able to have a stellar career and rebound from some dumb mistakes they've made in the past.
There's "SOME red flags" and then there's Winston. I'm not asking for choir boys, but character matters.

But at this point, it's obvious we're going to have to agree to disagree. Not like either of us get a vote anyway.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
There's "SOME red flags" and then there's Winston. I'm not asking for choir boys, but character matters.

But at this point, it's obvious we're going to have to agree to disagree. Not like either of us get a vote anyway.

True, we don't have a vote and maybe more will come out to underscore your point, but that's why you check their background extensively. I guess I'm just growing tired of inept quarterback play and would like my team to actually have somebody with a future not a past.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
True, we don't have a vote and maybe more will come out to underscore your point, but that's why you check their background extensively. I guess I'm just growing tired of inept quarterback play and would like my team to actually have somebody with a future not a past.
I'm frustrated by lack of production from the position too (even though there are reasons why that is). I just think drafting Winston gets us an even worse future based on what we already know and best case there.

I think (and hope) we can get a QB who will do better than Winston ever will in the NFL.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I think (and hope) we can get a QB who will do better than Winston ever will in the NFL.

In the end it's a moot point because there is no way the Rams trade up so now we'll have to focus on who will be somebody that can grow into the position and hope that Bradford's knee is better the 2nd time around, however, I will not hold my breath.

First time watching Jameis (yes I know, I've never had a need to watch a piece of shit before, I usually just flush and walk away) is he usually this bad?

FRO

Legend
First time watching Jameis (yes I know, I've never had a need to watch a piece of crap before, I usually just flush and walk away) is he usually this bad?
No. He is a good prospect. May be overrated a tad, but all QBs are. I think he will be a Big Ben type QB.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This performance today by Winston is such a good thing. Hopefully it pushes him down the draft board straight to us.

FRO

Legend
This performance today by Winston is such a good thing. Hopefully it pushes him down the draft board straight to us.
It won't. GM's view the whole body of work. Manziel didn't even have first round talent and had horrible games and still was picked in the first. Too many QB needy teams and a poor QB draft ensures the guy is going top 10.

Yeah all the SOB does is win.

All it took was two missed FGs, a pick 6, a true freshman QB playing like a true freshman QB, and a HC who had already been fired showing us all why he'd been fired. If ever there was a case of why win loss record being attributed to a QB is idiotic all you need to do is watch that game.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
All it took was two missed FGs, a pick 6, a true freshman QB playing like a true freshman QB, and a HC who had already been fired showing us all why he'd been fired. If ever there was a case of why win loss record being attributed to a QB is idiotic all you need to do is watch that game.

I understand all of that, but he's won 28 in a row! So yes the Gators self destructed which they've been doing since Urban Meyer left, but he still puts his team in a position to win. One could surmise that if the Gators actually scored a touchdown, do you think the Gators would have stopped them at the end?

Look I don't care either way I did not have a dog in this hunt, but Winston wins at the collegiate level and there is no debating that fact. Today he did not play well, but when called upon he has answered the bell time and time again.

Quite honestly I was hoping the Gators won, but bad teams find ways to lose like the Rams and good teams fine ways to win like Florida State.

FRO

Legend
I hate when they say the QB won or attribute a W-L record to one guy. Winston's poor play kept Florida in the game. Florida's poor play kept them from winning. Winston didn't "win" this game.

Athos

Legend
I have to say........Winston almost shits the bed a lot. At least recently. If he faces better offenses in all these early pick-galore games, FSU gets snuffed out of the top 15, maybe even top 20.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I hate when they say the QB won or attribute a W-L record to one guy. Winston's poor play kept Florida in the game. Florida's poor play kept them from winning. Winston didn't "win" this game.
It appears to be a really bad week to be a top QB, Mariota looks like crap, so far, too. Winston didn't get hit on almost every play like Hundley did, almost seemed like he was playing with a concussion. He was horrible today.

Anyhow, here's a chance to watch Mannion, and Mariota.

FRO

Legend
It appears to be a really bad week to be a top QB, Mariota looks like crap, so far, too. Winston didn't get hit on almost every play like Hundley did, almost seemed like he was playing with a concussion. He was horrible today.

Anyhow, here's a chance to watch Mannion, and Mariota.
I'm not as high on Mariota as others. He doesn't have to fit balls in tight windows. He doesn't have to sit and go through progressions. He is a lot like RGIII and Kaepernick. He can thrill you, but is going to struggle playing in the pocket like all successful NFL QBs will have to.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

He played no doubt about, but QB's get the credit when they when and take the heat when they lose, that's they way it is and Winston has been better more times then he's been bad. He did not play well in the first half of many games too, but rallied his team to victory.

You could put any young QB under a microscope and come up snake eyes from time to time that is why you look at the whole body of work. In the end, it's like Bradford, if you don't like him you will criticize when he's bad and say he was lucky when he does well, it cuts both ways.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'm not as high on Mariota as others. He doesn't have to fit balls in tight windows. He doesn't have to sit and go through progressions. He is a lot like RGIII and Kaepernick. He can thrill you, but is going to struggle playing in the pocket like all successful NFL QBs will have to.
His footwork is pretty bad too. Mannion plays in a more traditional offense, and has a bunch of Pac 12 records, I'm gonna watch him pretty close tonight, but have been impressed with him over the years. Nothing jumps at you, but he's just a good QB, coaches kid, all that.