We have to draft Winston

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Shuie3225

Starter
Okay now hear me out, this is difficult for a university of Miami fan to say but we have to draft this knucklehead. After what I saw yesterday out of Davis he has no chance to be a franchise quarterback. He will never take a team to the playoffs with his noodle arm and nor will Bradford.

Winston is once of the dumbest kids I've seen in a while. Johnny football is up there, but Winston makes some decisions off the field that make you scratch your head. IMO he has huge maturity issues like a lot of these big name young kids, but it seems like he doesn't care or have remorse about the bad decisions he's made. This is definitely a problem.

All that said, he is a far superior prospect than johnny football. If Winston was a "perfect" student athlete he would be the 1st pick of the upcoming draft without a doubt.

I feel like his talent is too great to pass up. As bad of a kid this is, I think like a lot of "bad kids" (janoris) in college learn, when you get to the business of the NFL that's exactly what it is, a business. And with all his shortcomings you have to give this kid credit, he is a great leader and motivator on the field. Even more than that hes a winner. There are few people that when you watch you know they have that something you can't see. This competitiveness or clutchness that separates the good from the elite. I feel like he has this characteristic.

With all the off the field attention he receives and negative press he compartamentalizes better than most kids I've ever seen at his age. He does this and goes out and wins game. Down late against a big opponent, don't worry because this kid will lead you to a win.

With Jeff fishers affinity to draft talent even when it has red flags, I feel like it would be a better fit than with most other teams. He's shown that with janoris, pacman, etc. he will take a chance. If he can help this kid mature and focus on football only I feel like he could be great for us.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I'm not for or against Winston...and I think it would be more than foolish to not address the QB position this offseason. But I don't know if the Rams HAVE to draft Winston.

Shuie3225

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
IMO none of the other college options are close to his talent level. I'm sure there will be other quality NFL QBs that come out of this draft class, but none with his ceiling. Our team isn't terrible, yes we have holes but we're not terrible. A quarterback that actually pans out would do us wonders.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like Wallace he has the arm, the size and is pretty mobile.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like Marcus Mariota better as a prospect and he doesnt have the off the field issues

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I got the chance to watch him against Louisville and I was pretty impressed. Kept his cool down by 2 or 3 scores and stood in the pocket even though he was hurting. Obviously there are some things to be concerned about, but that game left me fairly impressed. To the point where I want to go out and watch some of his other games to see if what I saw was for real.

Athos

Legend
:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

That's all I have to say. And thankfully, we won't be in a position draft wise to get him anyway.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

That's all I have to say. And thankfully, we won't be in a position draft wise to get him anyway.

Well, unless they decide to trade up to get him.
It probably won't cost much more than they gave up to draft Austin, and look at how well that's worked out.

Shuie3225

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bo wallace, hundley, and the kid from oregon st. are all just okay prospects to me.

I like Mariota but Oregon quarterbacks scare me. Especially running ones. I have doubts about his throwing ability in the nfl and his ability to run a pro-o. The strength that Winston plays with from within the pocket is what separates him IMO. Not just how he moves but how strong and difficult he is to bring down if you get to him (ala big Ben/Andrew luck). Mariota doesn't have that strength.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Winston, IMO, isn't mature enough to handle the pressure of being an NFL quarterback. He has the skills and the talent but the all the issues he's had on and (for the most part) off the field are red flags for me.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Sounds good if the Rams are willing to give up at least what Washington did for Bob 3. Rams set the market with that trade.
Why would Tampa give up their future franchise QB for less.?

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I don't watch enough college games at this point of the year to have a real solid opinion of any of the top prospects...but a coworker of mine that does watch quite a bit is enamored with Dak Prescott...any opinions on him?

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
HELL NO

He isn't even in the top two QBs in this draft.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
IMO none of the other college options are close to his talent level. I'm sure there will be other quality NFL QBs that come out of this draft class, but none with his ceiling. Our team isn't terrible, yes we have holes but we're not terrible. A quarterback that actually pans out would do us wonders.

Hundley

http://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/la-sp-ucla-notes-20141102-story.html

Mariota

http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/11/02/oregon-ducks-stanford-cardinal-marcus-mariota

All day before him

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
I don't watch enough college games at this point of the year to have a real solid opinion of any of the top prospects...but a coworker of mine that does watch quite a bit is enamored with Dak Prescott...any opinions on him?
I love watching Prescott play, but he operates that offense out of the gun and I think he would be considered a very raw prospect. Could be a decent pick for some team that could develop him, but we are not not in that position.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Okay now hear me out, this is difficult for a university of Miami fan to say but we have to draft this knucklehead. After what I saw yesterday out of Davis he has no chance to be a franchise quarterback. He will never take a team to the playoffs with his noodle arm and nor will Bradford.

Winston is once of the dumbest kids I've seen in a while. Johnny football is up there, but Winston makes some decisions off the field that make you scratch your head. IMO he has huge maturity issues like a lot of these big name young kids, but it seems like he doesn't care or have remorse about the bad decisions he's made. This is definitely a problem.

All that said, he is a far superior prospect than johnny football. If Winston was a "perfect" student athlete he would be the 1st pick of the upcoming draft without a doubt.

I feel like his talent is too great to pass up. As bad of a kid this is, I think like a lot of "bad kids" (janoris) in college learn, when you get to the business of the NFL that's exactly what it is, a business. And with all his shortcomings you have to give this kid credit, he is a great leader and motivator on the field. Even more than that hes a winner. There are few people that when you watch you know they have that something you can't see. This competitiveness or clutchness that separates the good from the elite. I feel like he has this characteristic.

With all the off the field attention he receives and negative press he compartamentalizes better than most kids I've ever seen at his age. He does this and goes out and wins game. Down late against a big opponent, don't worry because this kid will lead you to a win.

With Jeff fishers affinity to draft talent even when it has red flags, I feel like it would be a better fit than with most other teams. He's shown that with janoris, pacman, etc. he will take a chance. If he can help this kid mature and focus on football only I feel like he could be great for us.

You lost me at "nor will Bradford."

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If winston straightens out the off field issue, he'll be the first player taken.
If there is still a cloud of uncertainty he would likely slip over character issue and at that point Id gladly pass. (No pun intended)
On the field he's as good as any college QB I've ever seen

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Somehow I get this feeling that now with Connor Cook staying in school that Brett Hundley will be the target because they compare him to Steve McNair so we know how Fisher felt about him and I do think Hundley might be there when the Rams draft whereas Mariota and Winston will not.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Yeah, after yesterday's game, Bradford gets another chance. I want the Rams to draft a QB high in the draft but I want Bradford as our starter next year.