W. Hayes traded to Fins for day 3 pick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
People on twitter are saying we got robbed... Some are saying that Hayes was worth a 5th AND 6th.

... people always want to troll.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Didn't understand how this was a good deal when I first read that we are only getting a 6th. But I guess it makes sense. best of luck to him!

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
corrected thx

jap

Legend
People on twitter are saying we got robbed... Some are saying that Hayes was worth a 5th AND 6th.

... people always want to troll.

Will is about 31 or 32, no? You're not going to get a high pick for an older player on the downside of his career.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Will is about 31 or 32, no? You're not going to get a high pick for an older player on the downside of his career.
Culture changes apply here too. Hayes was a strong locker room guy under Fisher.

HellRam

Starter
I thought Will was stout enough to play 3 - 4 end. Regardless... the Rams had other plans. So I understand the trade. The Dolphins got a bargain considering they get a pick back as well.

One of my favorite Rams player's. Best of luck to em.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Sixth round... not bad! The more picks the better!

We didn't get more picks.
We had to also send a 7th round pick along with Hayes just to get a sixth.
Sounds like we got the short end of the stick there.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
We didn't get more picks.
We had to also send a 7th round pick along with Hayes just to get a sixth.
Sounds like we got the short end of the stick there.

Sorry to the hyper critical :p ... I guess what I meant to say was a better pick. ... A Higher pick + 17m in CAP... I would say it was a win/win for both parties.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
So we basically cut him. 7th to a 6th isn't really a major move, I think it's like 16 spots total we moved up.

Oh well. Wish him luck in Miami, they're my team in the ROD Mock so we just filled a major need there at least!

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
who would have thought that Matt Longacre, Tricant-Pasat & Morgan Fox would be our current main DL reserves.

Pretty sure Westbrooks, Longacre & Trinca-Pasat are all off the roster. I believe they were RFA's and an ERFA that weren't tendered. If you look at Spotracs roster, you will see its been updated. To bad the official Rams website doesn't keep up.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Thanks Will, you were a good Ram.

I'm surprised at how little real-estate we got for him though, moving up only a few places - BUT I trust McVay, Phillips and Snead on these moves. Phillips knows who will fit his scheme, maybe Hayes, just wasn't as good as someone else?

Plus the cap saving isn't too shabby - :)

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Sad to see him go. I guess that means that Snead and Coach McVay have already found his replacement who will fit better with this team. Likely also a better value too.

Best of luck Hayes, thanks for bringing your skills and unique personality to the Rams!