W. Hayes traded to Fins for day 3 pick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Removing another Fisher "guy" to help speed up the culture change, I assume. That and some cash

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I was hoping he'd go in a package with Tru & Barron to Cleveland, but a move like this was inevitable.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Good luck to Hayes. He was always a class act.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Will Hayes AND a 7th for a sixth round pick? We only moved up 17 spots in day 3. Possibly trying to make cap space?

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Gonna take a moment to appreciate all the great work Hayes did for this team. He might be a bit weird, but he was also honest, hard working, and a hell of a leader. Hope he does well in Miami.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Figured we'd do this.

Will Hayes AND a 7th for a sixth round pick? We only moved up 17 spots in day 3. Possibly trying to make cap space?

It's all about cap space. He doesn't fit the new scheme. Trading him saves us $5.5 million. Cutting him saves us only $2.5 million.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
PLEASE tell me this is a sign were freeing up cap space for a Nick Mangold!!

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Cap Update

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0631731579089064004-4

So tonight, the Rams parted ways with four players. That frees up close to $16M in salary cap space for 2017. Obviously, though, it opens some holes. They lose a starting DE (Will Hayes) and a key backup (Eugene Sims), their starting TE (Lance Kendricks) and their starting C (Tim Barnes). What it means? Well, Tyler Higbee will probably see a lot more targets, the Rams still need a center, and it will be interesting to see what they do with DE Robert Quinn, with the Rams moving from a 4-3 to a 3-4.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Well, hate to see him go but the cap savings was probably critical and moving up 17 spots is better than nothing. DE is definitely a need for this team now.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Well, hate to see him go but the cap savings was probably critical and moving up 17 spots is better than nothing. DE is definitely a need for this team now.

Agreed Huge fan of Hayes always played hard, was a great locker room guy, and productive.

As it stands right now Easley, Brockers, and Donald are the front three. Not too to shabby three talented first rounders if you ask me. Definitely need depth though.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
WHO'S NEXT?!!!! no messing around with McSnead.

My only question is, why wait so late to cut those guys? I get the trade, maybe dolphins were hopeful for a specific DE and held out until options ran out, but why not cut our guys earlier and have more money available to improve roster? Maybe we were waiting till the bargain portion of free agency to show our hand more?

Not sure, but I want Tru traded tomorrow (today), Ware/Peppers, Mangold, and Webster signed. Veteran leadership and experience, scheme fits, mentors, and playoff experience.

MMMM this koolaid tastes good!!!!!

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Cap Update

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0631731579089064004-4

So tonight, the Rams parted ways with four players. That frees up close to $16M in salary cap space for 2017. Obviously, though, it opens some holes. They lose a starting DE (Will Hayes) and a key backup (Eugene Sims), their starting TE (Lance Kendricks) and their starting C (Tim Barnes). What it means? Well, Tyler Higbee will probably see a lot more targets, the Rams still need a center, and it will be interesting to see what they do with DE Robert Quinn, with the Rams moving from a 4-3 to a 3-4.

Quinn won't be going anywhere, he's our only 3-4 OLB, and we need a minimum of 3, should properly have 4 imo.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Crappy. I understand why, but man the Phins just got a steal here.

Best of luck to you and family Will, and thank you for being a true pro during your time in horns.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
WHO'S NEXT?!!!! no messing around with McSnead.

My only question is, why wait so late to cut those guys? I get the trade, maybe dolphins were hopeful for a specific DE and held out until options ran out, but why not cut our guys earlier and have more money available to improve roster? Maybe we were waiting till the bargain portion of free agency to show our hand more?

Not sure, but I want Tru traded tomorrow (today), Ware/Peppers, Mangold, and Webster signed. Veteran leadership and experience, scheme fits, mentors, and playoff experience.

MMMM this koolaid tastes good!!!!!

my guess is they wanted to make sure they needed the room 1st. if they dont get Whitworth they almost certainly arent giving 13m to any other player so that woulda been extra money right there . no reason to cut serviceable players if you dont need the money/roster spot