W. Hayes traded to Fins for day 3 pick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
Figured we'd do this.

It's all about cap space. He doesn't fit the new scheme. Trading him saves us $5.5 million. Cutting him saves us only $2.5 million.

Absolutely. 5.5M for an aging - mediocre to decent DE who does not fit the system.
Glad it was not an outright cut. The extra 3M in cap space comes in handy.
That and, although he was not the problem, a culture change in dressing room is an absolute must. Especially with known Fisher guys.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'm pretty sure that was saffold.

Edit - or was he the guy that said let's see.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Looks like new coaches have alot of say in decision making . This is definitely not a snead move , they are freeing up cap space for another good addition. We don't have a 1st round pick but this is going to be a good off-season

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Thanks for all your hard work WH. Good luck in Miami!! Hope this means something good is in the works.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Sixth round... not bad! The more picks the better!

Dude ?? More picks ??

They moved up only 18 spot from early 7th to late 6th. If The Rams would have beaten Miami like they should have it would a better trade.

It was to save cap space & he does not fit in this defense.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
My biggest concern now has suddenly become a quality Center...I don't trust turning that job over to a rookie draftee...I think they need to get a good vet center like maybe yesterday..Just my opinion...Like the moves so far or not, you can't tell the players without a program...

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
my guess is they wanted to make sure they needed the room 1st. if they dont get Whitworth they almost certainly arent giving 13m to any other player so that woulda been extra money right there . no reason to cut serviceable players if you dont need the money/roster spot

Free agency is not cheap. Hayes didn't really fit & is getting older. D. Easley needs more reps as well.
The Rams need a NT & speed edge rusher. What is D. Ware going to get paid ?

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
This FO knows what they're doing. Instead of cutting these guys right off the bat, they wanted to see if they could get anything for them. And they got to move up on the draft on at least one guy. Pretty genius if you ask me.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Hayes is a pro's pro and usually I don't post this, but I wish him all very best with the Dolphins...Agree with @Faceplant hopefully some more additions are coming aboard good ship lollipop.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
So really, we need a center, at least 2 olbs, and probably 2 dts for depth and rotation?

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Pretty sure Westbrooks, Longacre & Trinca-Pasat are all off the roster. I believe they were RFA's and an ERFA that weren't tendered. If you look at Spotracs roster, you will see its been updated. To bad the official Rams website doesn't keep up.

Morgan Fox is definitely an option as a rush end to compliment Quinn. So is Josh Forrest for that matter. We are going to need another big man or two in the middle though.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
hopefully some more additions are coming aboard the good ship lollipop.

Yesterday's signings showed McVay's true colors about how he and his staff evaluated the Rams 2016 roster. I know we all realize that day 2 is the second phase and not nearly as splashy as day 1 in Free Agency.

If the Rams don't sign another one or two F/A's in the next 24 hours I would be a bit perplexed.

We are with you coach den... with the remaining salary cap space left and the ability for Demoff to possibly tinker with some existing player contracts or maybe even cut another player or two.....

there is some more room.....

T002R300x300M000000XiZiy2rdVG5.jpg

Psycho_X

Legend
Jesus, I go to sleep and the Rams cut and trade everyone!!! I liked Hayes but another Fisher guy out the door.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Morgan Fox is definitely an option as a rush end to compliment Quinn. So is Josh Forrest for that matter. We are going to need another big man or two in the middle though.
God I hope they have a plan because those 2 options suck