Vote or Die - State of the Ram Fan Base

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

How would you describe your current state of support for the Rams?

• Diehard Rams fan (they're going 11-5 this year)

• Still Committed (watching every game and still expect them to win)

• Watching from a Distance (watching games when I can, but not emotionally tied to a win)

• Stopped Watching (doing other things on the wkend, won't start watching til they start winning)

• Waiting for Major Change (lost faith, and won't return until Stan makes major change)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
I'll go with diehard and 11-5 because you have to believe until its no longer possible

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
I still watch but don't have any expectations. I feel like the apathy switch has flipped in me. I am not watching with a lot of emotion.

It's more like, "Oh there they go self - destructing again. This is another loss. I wonder what's on television tonight."

I just can't get emotionally worked up about it. It's all burned up.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Still committed, can't say I'm expecting them to win anymore, but I hope to God that they'll surprise me for my faith. Sort of a mix between 2 and 5. I'm starting to lose my patience with Fisher definitely.

That was my question... Can't I be committed and watch every game without expecting a win ??? I hope for a win, but don't expect one at thss point...

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I'm committed, but not expecting wins - I also think this season should be thrown, so we at least get a high draft pick next year...

Or just mix it up, try new things (see Seattle game) be risky, try and find a way of using this season to get the fundamentals right - lower penalties, get our kicking game right, bed in the defensive game book etc...

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I watch for the entertainment value...... anymore I keep a clinical point of view and just watch the game unfold.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
My heart's still with the team but I will no longer waste a beautiful fall afternoon watching this mess of a team show off their terrible coaching.

Philly5

Rookie
Where is the still watching but expecting 4 or 5 wins choice?

If winning was the only reason for watching we would have missed about 20 of the last 25 seasons.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'll keep watching because that's what I've trained myself to do over the past 4+ decades but I've finally been broken. The enthusiasm is gone because I finally see how horrible this team still is after all the high draft picks, coaching changes, ownership changes, management changes, etc. Raw talent everywhere. Potential everywhere. Just like with hope and change, we were promised great things but all we have is a great big ol bowl of F U C K! I wish I had some answers like fire the coaches, flip the roster, etc but that has been done to no avail. We have the youngest team in the NFL and are against the salary cap. This is the perfect recipe for sustained failure. By the time the players hit their stride, we will not be able to retain but a handful of their services. Yes, doom and gloom and this is from somebody that ALWAYS thought we could win the next game. I used to, until recently, held out hope and believed that a win was possible even if we were down by two TDs at the two-minute warning. Now, I feel pretty confident we will lose with a 3 TD cushion at halftime and we indeed do it regularly. This week, we managed to pull off the unlikely and seemingly damn near impossible feat of causing a TO in the red zone and walking away with 0 points. 0! We have arrived in the land of "expansion team" lore. You remember the Saints team, the Buccaneers team, the Jaguars team, the Oilers team that conjure that big L on the forehead, bag over your face picture? WE ARE THAT TEAM! And it hurts. So let's go beat the Niners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Still somewhere between sad and angry after every loss. I didn't like losing in previous bad years either, but I could wrap my emotions pretty safely in "we're rebuilding" armor, I had lots of reasons to be hopeful for the future.

The losses this year are taking a different kind of emotional toll on me. I don't care as much. I CAN'T care as much. I can't remember a year where there was such a large gap between anticipated performance and actual performance. The idea of a Rams team that would rack up hard nosed wins with a ground and pound offense and dominating defense, it was a mirage.

I'm not indifferent yet but I'm clearly moving in that direction. Rams parties? Rams games with the family? Out of the question. Nobody is interested.

Big Game

Living The Dream
Still committed going to every home game and watching every away game.

Go Rams!!!

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I wonder if we're in "suck for the duck" mode now? Sure seems like it!

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
I wonder if we're in "suck for the duck" mode now? Sure seems like it!

All those high picks the last few years, it has not made things better.

If the team has hope for the future, it starts now, with players / groups / units going out, playing hard, and making the other teams take notice. Attitudes like "suck for the duck" is how you build a losing franchise.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm totally committed. Have been since around 1970. The problem is that is feels like the girl you are in love with keeps cheating you! It is hard to watch. Every week I hope that this is THE WEEK that the Rams turn it around, and almost every week I am totally disappointed. Time to stop watching faithfully and start watching from a distance (I only have RedZone anyway). Oh well... go Rams!

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
All those high picks the last few years, it has not made things better.

If the team has hope for the future, it starts now, with players / groups / units going out, playing hard, and making the other teams take notice. Attitudes like "suck for the duck" is how you build a losing franchise.
I agree with this, however, I'm of a mind that these players just don't believe in themselves! Self fulfilling results!

Walter

Rookie
I will still be on the edge of my chair or standing up cheering like a school kid until eventually reserved to a sunken position on the couch in the fourth quarter. Riding an emotional roller coaster from September through December.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Along with others. Still watching every game but no expectation for winning. I just know what I expect to happen will definitely not be what happens.