Vote or Die - State of the Ram Fan Base

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

How would you describe your current state of support for the Rams?

• Diehard Rams fan (they're going 11-5 this year)

• Still Committed (watching every game and still expect them to win)

• Watching from a Distance (watching games when I can, but not emotionally tied to a win)

• Stopped Watching (doing other things on the wkend, won't start watching til they start winning)

• Waiting for Major Change (lost faith, and won't return until Stan makes major change)

Results are only viewable after voting.

rams2050

Starter
Will watch -- or listen, if I am unable to watch -- and will quietly cheer for the Rams (if I'm with people not of the same mind -- or make that same INSANE mind -- and I will hope and pray that they will somehow turn the corner and begin to win on a regular basis.

It will be far more difficult now, though, with so many players crucial to the Rams' success now injured, some of them seriously (ACL).

I'm a Rams' fan. It's the way I was programmed at birth. Futility is my birthright, and I am still imbued with hope due to the meteoric rise of the Greatest Show on Turf.

In fact, had it not been for the GSOT I actually MIGHT be feeling more despair than I do right now. But if lightning can strike once, well, it can strike again and I hope to be watching when it does.

AZRamsFan93

I am a choice you didn't list: die hard fan watching every game thinking they will go 4-12.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
It's just crazy how every year is the same after all the offseason changes. Usually it's always injuries, too. We need to part with injury prone players, period.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
By the end of yesterday's game, I was rather numb to it. I think I've gotten used to the losing and it doesn't affect me emotionally too much anymore. I still go into most games thinking the Rams will win, or at least have a chance to... but the next few weeks.. not real confident.

Av8R

UDFA
I'm still committed and will be there losing my voice at every home game with my father, brother, and wife. I don't come in with expectations other then to watch our beloved Rams.

69superbowl

Rookie
Diehard Ram fan til I die (which they are helping most Sundays every fall). However, I am totally shocked when they manage to win any game. It almost has stopped mattering whether they win or lose. Then again, I'm not dumping good money into game tickets, stadium junk, tailgate food and bevs, etc. for the inferior football product that is the Rams.

I am terminally impressed with the band of brothers who make up the St. Louis Ram football fan base.

Psycho_X

Legend
Not voting cause you're missing a category.

Still Committed (watching every game but don't expect to win)

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Still Committed (watching every game and hoping for a win but more like whistling into the graveyard it seems).

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I must point out that your poll will inherently be flawed because those of us who have already checked out as fans are unlikely to be present and accounted for at this point I would think.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dont know how as a fan you couldnt be still 100% commited. There are only 9 games left, then its off to the abyss of the off season where we wont see the team on the field from January until July. The off season in football is so dreadfully long. I hate watching the Rams lose, look non-competitive. The only thing I hate worse is not having any Rams football to actually watch

Irish

Starter
I don't see the correlation between commitment to a team and its overall win/loss record.

This team sucks HARD and this season is an unmitigated failure and a disaster from an on field performance standpoint as well as an injury standpoint. They are, once again, the worst team in the division, and it is not getting any better. They are getting rolled by better teams (Seattle notwithstanding), and hanging on by the skin of their teeth against crappy teams (Bucs). The coaches can't coach, the front office can't draft, and the wheel just keeps spinning and spinning into the oblivion of futility.

But every week I sit down with my goofy ass t shirt that no grown ass man should wear, drink beer, and act surprised at the ridiculousness on the field when in reality we should just be numb to it by now. So long as this team is in St. Louis, I will wear whatever goofy ass t shirt I get for Christmas and hope against hope for the best while fully expecting the worst.

So, yes, I am 100% committed, but this season is toast.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I am feeling a part of 2 or more of the choices.
  1. I am and will always be a Ram fan
  2. I have a responsibility as a Father and Husband that I wont manipulate to watch as many games or as much of the games I do Watch
  3. I am disheartened in a team who's best chance in the last 3 years of making the playoffs was the first year under the new regime, it was also the year we posted the best record.
  4. I am questioning the coaching and talent a bit at this point even though I do believe we can turn the corner quickly with the proper additions. I think we need disciplined football players more than specialty players, athletic freaks or players with Upside.
I chose watching from a distance as the closest and most accurate choice.

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
At home I have wireless earphones that work so well and I can mute the TV and my wife won't have to listen.
Ditto's, this is me and My Grand-Daughter, and My Head-Phones, Watching the Rams on Direct TV!
101_0332.jpg

Attachments

• 101_0331.jpg
    101_0331.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:

TheNine

UDFA
Still committed, watching ever game but don't expect them and want major changes

classicpony

Starter
Name
Jim
Where is everybody right now in their spectrum of support for this team?
Will always be a FAN. But.... If we are not even a playoff contention team@ this point lets go for the draft pick to put us over the TOP!!

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
the last two years I would basically only watch the defense cus they were awesome then I'd flip the channel when offense came out. now I can't even watch the defense. thanks Gregg Williams

fearsomefour

Legend
Still committed....maybe that option should read should be committed.
Anyway, I watch every game, I dont expect them to win. They are not a good team right now.
One thing for sure....there are no bandwagon Ram fans to be found.
I will mostly shift to watching individual players now....Robinson, Person, Jones, Ogletree, Davis ect to see if they develop or what they struggle with.

fearsomefour

Legend
I like that head phone idea. Except I will get my wife a pair so she doesnt have to listen to me.
I was considering taking 6 months off of sports all together....all my teams suck basically and it gets to me too much. Immature I know. It pisses me off. Already generally in a sour mood because of other real life stuff....watching these Rams and freaking baseball has worsens it.