Vent Thread: Seahawks@Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kupp catches that 8 out 10 times . Freak me
Goff with the miss there as well. Kupp should've caught that but after he beat his man off the line there was no one near him. Not sure why Goff didn't just lob it right to him. Costly on both of them.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Still confused on Sammy giving up today. Very Britt-esque. Think he may have scored on the deep ball had he kept going full speed!
No excuse for that . He's supposed to be a #1 receiver.

~lyser

Rookie
Kupp catches that 8 out 10 times . Freak me

Yup. I really can't believe he didn't catch it. Nice drive there at the end.

5 turnovers tho - that can't happen.

Still really enjoy the fact that we can be down by a score or two and still be totally in the game with a chance to win - that hasn't been the case for far too long.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Sigh. Frustrating loss.

I understand how Seahawks fans felt with all the wins Fisher collected against them. During those games they were clearly the better team, but somehow they made mistakes, our D kept it close, and were were able to capitalize on enough of the mistakes to eke out the win. That's what happened in reverse today, because I have no doubt the Rams are better than the Seahawks at this point, but we gave the game away to them.

- McVay is early in his coaching career, so some hiccups are inevitable. But the playcalling was bad today, especially they way he gave up on Gurley. There was also too much force feeding of Tavon.

- While I still think the Rams are a better team, the Seahawks aren't dogmeat ... and it's really hard to win a game against a decent opponent when you are -3 in the turnover battle.

- Bad time for GZ to have a miss on a relatively easy FG. Won't get too down on him, but dude, gotta make those.

- I'm done with Tavon on punt returns. Don't care how dynamic he is once he has the ball in his hands, if he can't secure it in his hands, then he doesn't need to be out there fielding punts anymore. Four muffs in five games ... I've seen enough. And given his limited ability as a receiver, you really have to question if he has a role on this team next year. He can do stuff in the running game, but do you want to keep him around at his salary just for that when he's no longer reliable on the other thing he's supposed be good on? Yes, he scored the TD today, but how often is he going to score like that?

- Sammy Watkins needs a Wood-against-the-49ers comeback next week. He cannot go all Brian Quick on routes, especially when it causes misses on potential big plays. Sammy, be a pro, suck it up, and come back next week ready to go 100%, all the time.

Not as pissed as I would have been at this time last year, given that every loss saw a continuation of bad trends that had been going on for years. Still, McVay, Goff, and the team as a whole need to take a good look in the mirror, because they gave this one away to a team they should have and could have beaten had they just had better playcalling and fewer mistakes.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
No. He would have been out of bounds. It was bang-bang on whether he lost the ball before he stepped out, but there was no chance it was a TD.

You're right, I remembered it wrong. He lost control, stepped out of bounds and then the ball hit the pylon.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Football Gods got mad at Gurley critical -touch-back -miscue.Critical 7 points

bluecoconuts

Legend
We were in a position to win, McVay and co will learn a lot from this game I think, overall we could have and should have won. We beat ourselves, part of the growing pains of a young team.

I haven't seen a single discouraging game so far this year though.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Goff with the miss there as well. Kupp should've caught that but after he beat his man off the line there was no one near him. Not sure why Goff didn't just lob it right to him. Costly on both of them.

This is a good point. It hit Kupp's hands and we've been spoiled by his ability to bring it in, but that would have been an insanely difficult catch given the angle the ball came in vs his hands. Slight arc on the ball would have made all the difference there, and Goff will learn touch in that situation, he's still inexperienced in so many ways.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
No. He would have been out of bounds. It was bang-bang on whether he lost the ball before he stepped out, but there was no chance it was a TD.

This is exactly why it should have been ruled out of bounds.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Also I'm worried about Sammy. Not sure he's gonna wanna stay after the season . He should be seeing 8 targets a game. Hell, we should be scheming plays his way.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is a good point. It hit Kupp's hands and we've been spoiled by his ability to bring it in, but that would have been an insanely difficult catch given the angle the ball came in vs his hands. Slight arc on the ball would have made all the difference there, and Goff will learn touch in that situation, he's still inexperienced in so many ways.
Yeah and not to mention that it was a bullet. I think that if goff could have that throw back he'd just take his time and hit kupp right between the 1 and the 8

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd say McVay won't sleep much this week. He looks like perfectionist and he left a lot on the table . You can't call timeouts like Martz used to with the GSOT .

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
I swear the announcer almost said seahags:rolllaugh:, but far to many points left on the field, bad fumble by Gurley, not a great game by Goff, Watkins, i'm real disappointed with his performance. McVay will have better days at coaching
train
ps Rams didn't deserve to win today

Lol, I heard that. Archuletta's best line of the game

ausmurp

Starter
My vent is just...when will Seattle's luck run out?! They are the LUCKIEST team the last several yrs with plays like the one Thomas made to make Gurley fumble out of bounds. Reminds me of when they beat GB in playoffs yrs ago on a midget scramble Clinton-Dix has easy duck int and jumps too early. They get these super lucky plays to win games all the time. I'm so tired of it.

That being said guys, Goff is for real. His 3rd down passing is amazing, best in the NFL. The turnovers weren't really his fault, he was hit or they were tipped. He didn't have the best game but he was amazing on 3rd down several times and we haven't had a QB that could do that in a long time. Higbee drops the bomb, Watkins gives up. We are the better team and that feels good...

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
Had he not lost control of the ball would it have been called a touchdown?
I'd have to see it again but I think his foot would have been out of bounds with the ball still short of paydirt

fearsomefour

Legend
My vent is just...when will Seattle's luck run out?! They are the LUCKIEST team the last several yrs with plays like the one Thomas made to make Gurley fumble out of bounds. Reminds me of when they beat GB in playoffs yrs ago on a midget scramble Clinton-Dix has easy duck int and jumps too early. They get these super lucky plays to win games all the time. I'm so tired of it.

That being said guys, Goff is for real. His 3rd down passing is amazing, best in the NFL. The turnovers weren't really his fault, he was hit or they were tipped. He didn't have the best game but he was amazing on 3rd down several times and we haven't had a QB that could do that in a long time. Higbee drops the bomb, Watkins gives up. We are the better team and that feels good...
The plays Wilson makes are not luck.

fearsomefour

Legend
This is exactly why it should have been ruled out of bounds.
Makes no sense.
If it was a fumble before his foot touched out it doesn't matter where it would have ended up.
The ball has nothing to do with the runner once it's fumbled.
It was the right call.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Playoff caliber teams win games at home against division opponents. Period! No excuses about fumbles or the refs or anything else. We are a better team than in seasons past but we're not there yet.

As for McVay's play calling, a good defense like the Seahawks will make any OC look bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.