Vent Thread: Seahawks@Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I'm not mad. We just have some growing up to do. We still had a chance in the end. With as horrible as the game went.......we still were there. If Gurley steps out of bounds....(or lowers his shoulder into Thomas....) we have the ball at the 1... and we blow the game open early. But we didn't. Time to grow up.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
I knew games like this would happen and I'm still pissed.

I want to break something.

Completely beat ourselves with stupid mistakes.

Kill me.

Ram65

Legend
Continued top run Tavon on first down and lost yardage. McVay put the offense behind the 8 ball. Using time outs early.

Mistakes by Gurely, JZ and Goff took points off the board.

Defense gave them chances.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Not happy with Tevon taking gurely's touches. Goff was a little off. Gurely needs to dive for the pilon, not lazily stick the ball out. Wtf watkins. Let's see how they bounce back.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not feeling great about the return from the second round pick we lost for Sammy Watkins. He's been mostly invisible sans one game.

I don't know what the fuck he was doing today. He stopped running on multiple passes to him, and it cost us potential big plays.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
McVay is gonna be a really good coach in this league but this was not a good game by him play calling wise. If Tavon gets another carry on first down off tackle from the backfield I might eat my remote.

But honestly there isn't a single unit that is blamess after today. Poor play calling. Outside of Robert Woods I wouldn't say a single receiver had a good game. Gurley's fumble hurt (though he should have gotten more touches in the second half). Special teams was not good. O-line was not good. Defense had a hard time getting off the field. It felt like Seattle was constantly in.3rd and 3 or 4 and had no issue converting.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Continued top run Tavon on first down and lost yardage. McVay put the offense behind the 8 ball. Using time outs early.

Mistakes by Gurely, JZ and Goff took points off the board.

Defense gave them chances.
Seriously what is with the calling timeouts for no reason? Timeouts are precious and he keeps calling them because he "doesn't like what he sees". Then audible or something! Or bite the bullet and run the play. He can't keep doing that.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McVay with poor use of timeouts . Blew 2 early then called one 2:42 left to go when Seattle would've had to run a play before the 2 minute warning . Rookie coach and QB showed today . They will learn from it , but this game was there for the taking . Gurley carelessly gives away 7 and turns momentum.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Team Loss Players and Coaches. It is going to happen, the winning play still was there albeit tough to make but they still gave themselves a chance

KayJay

Starter
As bad as they played, we still had a shot at the end. This team is for real!
You know what, this right here. Idgaf what people say. Our QB played like shit, but god damn it he was in the position to score all day; put us in the position to win the game, and had almost 300 yards passing. He's improved, and anyone saying he hasn't is delusional. I love our team, this isn't the end for us. Seattle put us back in our place. Its up to us to bust out of it. This isn't the end, we are a game above 500. Onto the next one.

Ellard80

Legend
McVay with poor use of timeouts . Blew 2 early then called one 2:42 left to go when Seattle would've had to run a play before the 2 minute warning . Rookie coach and QB showed today . They will learn from it , but this game was there for the taking . Gurley carelessly gives away 7 and turns momentum.

Yeah.. Gurley stepped out of bounds before the fumble the refs blew that one.

However that lazy play he made there was horseshit. but indicative of how dumb we played all day.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I still don't agree with the Gurley fumble. That would not have been called a TD had he stayed in bounds. The ball was clearly out in the field of play and not through the end zone.

McVay got was too conservative with 2 minutes to go in the first half, and all of his timeouts. Basically giving the Seahawks a field goal.

We abandoned Todd Gurley way too early in the game. The seahawks killed us with time of possession.

I think McVay over thought this game and that we could have just beat them straight up.

Watkins giving up on that route on the deep pass from Goff is unacceptable. That was an easy TD had he just kept running through his route.

Stupid mistakes all game long. The refs were not very fair, but we still had too many stupid mistakes.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
We handed it to Seattle.

Yep. Saw it comin and had to go to the bar and start drinking to get through the second half. Here's my take fwiw.

1. McVay pu$$ed out on a lot of playcalls today. He didn't attack the middle of the field enough in the passing game and was too timid overall (primarily on early downs) and when you do that against a secondary like Seattle's you make it easy for them.

2. Too many offensive snaps lost with runs into the teeth of a heavy box on early downs. Again McVay.

3. Allowing Tavon back into the game as a punt returner which led to a turnover in our side of the field. Again McVay.

4. Goff played poorly. The Seattle plan, which was predictable, was to have Goff beat them. And he couldn't. Nice effort on last possession but too little too late.

5. Defense of course was ripe for the Carrol plan of small-balling his way down the field, eating the clock, and keeping our explosive offense off the field. Giving up 16 is not too bad, but in this game they needed to do better and they couldn't.

6. Watkins quitting on routes when he didn't think he'd get the ball. If you want to do that Sammy, fine, let's see more of Reynolds and Thomas out there at X.

Way it looks to me, as I observed in the first half in gameday chat, is that Carrol took McVay to the woodshed. Rams got outcoached in this game and the players still had a chance to pull it out at the end. So close.

So overall I am not too angry actually. Just disappointed that the Rams let the lesser team get out of their house with the W. Just BS.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
-Hated the offensive playcalling
-Didn't like Watkins effort on that missed big play
-T.Austin needs to be demoted from PR immediately
-We probably had as many missed opportunities as we did turnovers
200.webp

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
There was one person out there that looked like a deer caught in the headlights. McVay. Took Gurley out of the game in the 2nd and 3rd, and made the Rams one dimensional. Led to Goff's interceptions and his fumble.

D played well, this game is on the O. When u call a game like that, and are intimidated by the opposing team, you're not going to win.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Honestly I’m done with tavon ... muffed two punts ... and yes I know he scored our TD ... but in a bad game all round by our offense the guy hinders is more than he helps ... the stop starting BS behind the LOS ... just fucking open the jets and go

This may turn into a good thing in the end .. gives us plenty to learn from and we were In it till the last 8 seconds ... I’ll take that

Rookie HC
Practically a rookie QB

Sometimes you learn more from a loss than a win .. and from what we know about mcvay this one will sting and he will fix what went wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.