Vent Thread: Rams vs. Dolphins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FRO

Legend
It's just time to move on from Fisher and his philosophy. He's built up a nice team, but I just can't see him taking us any further. The only way I'd keep him is if he promises and delivers a top notch offensive mind at offensive coordinator, and we get in writing that Fisher will be completely hands off with the offense.
It's not just the offensive philosophy though. That is a major issue, but the undisciplined play on all sides of the ball, the playing not to lose philosophy is killer. Fisher gets his team up and ready against top notch divisional teams, but they don't seem ready for the other games. The offense sucks under Fisher, but there are many other facets where he is a failure as HC.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The next coaching staff (and/or general manager who drafts or signs players), is definitely going to have to work on (signing players with some smarts) and raising the IQ level of this team if they want to win consistently.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
It's not just the offensive philosophy though. That is a major issue, but the undisciplined play on all sides of the ball, the playing not to lose philosophy is killer. Fisher gets his team up and ready against top notch divisional teams, but they don't seem ready for the other games. The offense sucks under Fisher, but there are many other facets where he is a failure as HC.
There are just so many games that you can win on emotion and effort over a sixteen game season. I'd say seven or less a year. That is why to win over the long haul you have to be smarter than your opposition.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
The next coaching staff (and/or general manager who drafts or signs players), is definitely going to have to work on (signing players with some smarts) and raising the IQ level of this team if they want to win consistently.
Thanks!

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Again, Fisher and his offensive "minds" demonstrate either their utter lack of competence, their complete lack of balls, or both. This loss is SQUARELY on Fisher and Boras.

The playcalling today was atrocious. Fisher and Boras were coaching scared, more worried about something bad happening than trying to take the initiative of making something good happen. And we see the results - if you don't play to win, you lose.

Look at the point totals given up by our defense the last 4 games - 10 (with 7 given up on a pick six), 13, 6, and 14. And what is our record in those games? 1-3. You don't go 1-3 over a stretch where your defense plays like that if your offense is competent. Yet still, in Fisher's 5th year, we are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

The ultra-conservative, play-it-safe gameplan today was reminiscent of what we have seen in Fisher's entire tenure as Rams HC. Even when we had a potential star QB in the pre-ACL Bradford, he was coached into being Checkdown Charlie, playing it safe, not throwing beyond the sticks on 3rd down, etc. etc. etc. We saw the same things today with Goff. And the playcalling today just tells me if Fisher sticks around, then Goff's fate will be much the same as pre-ACL Bradford. He'll get pummeled by the fan base for not pushing the ball downfield, ditto from various talking heads who cover the NFL, and our offense will continue to sputter with him taking the lion's share of the blame. Worst of all, none of it will be his fault.

Bottom line, is that this team has a ceiling, and that ceiling has a name - Jeff Fisher. As long as he's the head coach, we are going to have a crappy offense that sits at or near the bottom of the league. He's too scared to open things up, and you could put HOFer's at every position and the offense would still look bad. It's not going to look good on any consistent basis until he's gone. Time to move on.

Hopefully now that the Rams have moved and Stan knows he needs to capture the new market he's in, he'll be amenable to making a change.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
We are pretty healthy, too. Other teams have guys dropping like flies and we are damn near whole.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Sitting in the rain the whole game only for the D to let up 2 TDs in the 4th when they were playing outstanding. Very disappointing.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
stooges8.jpg
Perfection.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I'm venting right now.
I'm pretty good at it. Been doing it for years.
I'm tired.

If you're going to wait 10 weeks into the season to start your next franchise QB, you'd better use the playbook. Not a fucking flyer

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A little posterior venting after the menu for todays game.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Im going to light up some alaskan thunder f#ck. Stay tuned for some your song of the day songs... Honestly I cant be pissed off 24/7. I can only enjoy the life I have left here on Earth. Tread lightly my fellow Rammers. One Love. We will be great again. Lets make it known.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Speaking of posterior venting -
did any of you guys get Keenum's act today? Smiling all wide whenever Goff came back to the sidelines, taking grass oit if his hair and shit? Is it me? Cause i think Keenum came off looking insincere - i mean Goff didn't even pay attention to him.

Getting mad -- Wasted 3rd round pick in Mannion if i don't see him suiting up instead of Keenum in 2016

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
Rams Offensive Line sucks. Boras play calling sucks as well. The WR coach can't even coach the WRs to get separation. Paul Boudreaux needs to go. He's living on reputation that's not even worth mentioning.

Rams WRs are not that smart as well as the entire OL.

The team seems like a bunch of dumb jocks and meatheads incapable of outsmarting and outplaying the other team.

Biggest meathead of all is the HC.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Good job Jeff Fisher. You deserved to get fired after those blunders. How the freak do you blow a comfortable lead like that?

How do you do it?
By being a Jeff Fisher coached team.......Nothing more.

Ellard80

Legend
Speaking of posterior venting -
did any of you guys get Keenum's act today? Smiling all wide whenever Goff came back to the sidelines, taking grass oit if his hair and crap? Is it me? Cause i think Keenum came off looking insincere - i mean Goff didn't even pay attention to him.

Getting mad -- Wasted 3rd round pick in Mannion if i don't see him suiting up instead of Keenum in 2016

Yeah.. I mean I don't really know Case Keenum.. but I thought the same thing.

I'm not going to call the guy out.. because I can understand if I was in his shoes how'd i'd feel.

But... yeah the nice way i'll put it is Case showed me some signs of "Mixed emotions" out there.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm venting right now.
I'm pretty good at it. Been doing it for years.
I'm tired.

If you're going to wait 10 weeks into the season to start your next franchise QB, you'd better use the playbook. Not a freaking flyer

Exactly right. If that was the game plan they are gonna use for his first game they should have started him game 1. That should have had him running with the starting offense the minute he entered the door, so by week 11 he would be throwing the ball further than 5 yards. What a fuck up by a dud fucking coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.