Vent Thread: Falcons@Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Losing Brockers was the beginning of the end on D. The O just couldn’t get it going tonight. TOP was lopsided and ST was a let down. We can’t use the inexperience excuse next season but it might of had something to do with it tonight. Great season none the less.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
We need to draft some serious run-stoppers.
Maybe a real nose tackle.

Maybe somebody to call the offensive plays for McVay.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Hard to get to upset since we didn't have a decent team for 13 years. We let this one slip away with drops and the 2 turn overs really killed us.

Only vent I have is the year is over :(

I agree. The turnovers were huge. But for me, the more concerning thing (which may be nothing) is that we haven't won a game when we were down. But they exceeded my expectations so I have high hopes for next season.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Big-time players make big-time plays. What did Watkins do when we needed big-time plays late in the game?

Like some other big time WRs in the past who are ignored early. Of course, those guys aren't typically ignored as often.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
*If some members noticed that your "rant" threads were merged into this one, it's because this is where they belong, not many vent threads but one. 24 hour time limit on this thread btw.*

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Did we run a single screen tonight?

Several...The Falcons were sitting on the screen all night from the very first series...They played excellent D and I don't think I've seen better tackling team all year...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Like some other big time WRs in the past who are ignored early. Of course, those guys aren't typically ignored as often.

I don't care if he was ignored or not. The game was on the line, and the ball went to him. What did he do with it?

wmc540

Pro Bowler
If we hadn't lost Dominique Easley, I really feel like he would have been a large part of the defense this season.

jap

Legend
Cooper wasn’t the problem tonight.

Jesus Christ.

What a bitch ass way to play the blame game.

We were inexperienced, and it showed.

This teams number one problem is it’s youth in all facets.

Blaming Cooper, who’s young too, is just you deflecting the facts.

We’ll be back. Quit trying to pin this on one guy.

That's the problem with young guys, They haven't been there before; so no one knows how they will really react to big moments. Pharoh's assets are his ability to execute cleanly and minimize unnecessary steps, making him a very efficient returner. I certainly did not expect him of all people to get 'muffy' with the rock tonight.

Brockers going down was huge because it limited our ability to substitute freely. His absence probably contributed to some of those extended long drives by the Dirty Birds.

Sometime, someway, somehow, Jared has to work on throwing the ball accurately on the run. It's nice to see his accuracy when his feet are set, but you can't guarantee such clean looks against the best teams in this league. And we have to establish that prime time Jared to Sammy connection. It's the missing link that will put us over the top against just about any team in this league.

Last edited:

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I think they were getting hammered by adrenaline and it cost them.
That is that playoff experience I was talking about.

Atlanta just looked like they were taking care of business.

We looked like we were playing in our first playoff game.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
When you have Pharoh Cooper returning kicks in the NFC Wild Card game you can only say one thing: WOO---OOOPS!

I'm only kidding. I feel bad for the kid. He's a great returner who had a bad game. There wasn't one player lost the game. Team effort. But he didn't help today, for sure.

CVita

UDFA
Name
Chris
Last year I would have given my left nut for the Rams to make the playoffs. This season was huge step in the right direction. Game kinda sucked though. A lot of building blocks to work with for next year. Go Bills.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i bet every last cent of rod money i had on the rams today. over $200k. all gone. you're welcome @flv

this is why i never bet real money on football games.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I’m super proud of our Rams. For a few hours, I think we’ll all be in the Pit of Misery

b1a.png

Ellard80

Legend
I wish we could have played the Cowboys or seahawks or anyone else in the first round now...\

Atlanta's D gobbled us up.

Ram65

Legend
I'm about there too. I'd like to see the all 22 though, you know, and see how often he was open.

But jesus that throw Goff put on him late was right there and he alligator armed it. The guy straight up just didn't seem to be "there" mentally. I really figured he'd have every reason to have a huge game.

One play and he was not there mentally?

He was grabbed on the shoulders by the defender before the ball got there. He should have been able to play through it but, it was pass interference. The last play was holding also not called. It took till near the end of the game to get him a pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.