Vent Thread: Falcons@Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry to see you guys lose. Was looking for a rematch. You have the makings of a good team. I do think you depend on Gurley a little to much however. While it great that he is there, if you shut him down you shut the Rams down.
My prediction is that next year with a few more good play makers coming, and they will, you will have a more rounded team.

i wouldn't say the falcons shut him down. i would say he was underutilised.

he looked good running the ball in the 1st qtr but mcvay wouldn't give him 2 runs in a row.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
i wouldn't say the falcons shut him down. i would say he was underutilised.

he looked good running the ball in the 1st qtr but mcvay wouldn't give him 2 runs in a row.

Atl was determined early on to stop Gurley and make Goff beat them. It wasn't until Goff got going that Gurley had some nice runs

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i don't get it. why keep austin off the field? they did the same thing against the vikings and they couldn't get anything going as well. why change up what got you there? did his drops in the last meaningless game put him in the doghouse? that would be like cutting your nose to spite your face.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Gurley had 2 or 3 really good runs which brought up his stats. other than that the Falcons did a good job of shutting him down.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree for the most part.
Last night ATL was smothering Gurley until we started having some success in the passing game.

Respectfully, I still think we could have run the ball on them. Our first three runs went for 17 yards. They were getting some stops throughout the game, but we were also ripping off chunk plays because they have undersized LBs. When our OLs got to the second level, Todd was getting into the open field. I think if McVay had stuck with the run early, it's a different game. Of course, that's easier said than done after the hole that Cooper and the special teams put us in.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

in the offseason the team needs to have so many drills on diving on a loose ball. fuck me, i've never seen so many players allergic to the loose ball in my life. a bad play was made catastrophic because nobody could secure the loose ball.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Respectfully, I still think we could have run the ball on them. Our first three runs went for 17 yards. They were getting some stops throughout the game, but we were also ripping off chunk plays because they have undersized LBs. When our OLs got to the second level, Todd was getting into the open field. I think if McVay had stuck with the run early, it's a different game. Of course, that's easier said than done after the hole that Cooper and the special teams put us in.
I really believe Gurley may have been sick. For the amount of time we were on the field, Gurley looked absolutely exhausted.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
There's nothing I can tell McVay about football, but the distance I have does give me perspective. Even Sean has admitted multiple times this year that his tendency to abandon the run has cost us games. He's just gotta learn from it and not do it again in the playoffs next year.

I totally agree. I mean many of us have spotted things that aren't optimal. I remember folks gave me no end of crap when I said Chris Long had crappy footwork as a rookie. At the end of the season, the first thing he mentioned he needed to improve was his footwork. I don't know more football than Long or his coaches at the time, but I have eyes.

So yes, of course, we can observe things. And during Fisher's reign, there were times when I think some of us could have made better decisions. That's not the case with McVay.

We've all been guilty of being presumptuous with the knowledge we have. I certainly have. Just because we see something doesn't mean that we know how to fix it.

It's one thing to talk about it (it's a good part of why many of us are here), but it's quite another to presume we know better.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just heartbroken still. I am diving into the first two books of my MA program that I start on the 15th. I haven't watched any programming about how bad the Rams suck, or how inexperience is lethal, or even who won today. I hope all you guys are well (or as good as you can be.)

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just heartbroken still. I am diving into the first two books of my MA program that I start on the 15th. I haven't watched any programming about how bad the Rams suck, or how inexperience is lethal, or even who won today. I hope all you guys are well (or as good as you can be.)

i will not be watching any nfl talk show until free agency begins.

Q729

Legend
Yeah, I was good avoiding until I saw that friggin "Falcons Rough Up Rams" graphic during one of the games today. Fuck them. My fault for trying to watch a game in the first place.

wmc540

Pro Bowler

i don't get it. why keep austin off the field? they did the same thing against the vikings and they couldn't get anything going as well. why change up what got you there? did his drops in the last meaningless game put him in the doghouse? that would be like cutting your nose to spite your face.

This is absolutely unexplainable to me. I'm glad someone else saw this.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams pick #23 in the draft and that sucks . One and done sucks . Everything sucks today .

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
My "venting". The fumbles were unfortunate but we could have overcome it. I was hoping McVay would try to get a TD right before halftime with 8 second left. Going into halftime with the lead would have been huge and would have erased the first half mistakes.

The first drive of the 3rd quarter ate up a lot of clock but the Rams did hold them to 3 points.

I was screaming at the TV because AD 99 was getting held almost every plan and not a single call was made. One Atlanta lineman even had his arm around AD's neck. Not sure if anyone saw but I also saw a blatant face mask against Atlanta as one of the OLD grabbed AD's face mask and turned his head. No call.

When we still have one last gasp. Watkins gets bear hugged in the end zone and hit before he ball arrives and it's a no call. Unbelievable.

To be clear, I'm not saying the refs costed us the game, but some of the non calls due to "playoff football" were frustrating as heck.

That said, somehow the Rams just couldn't get Gurley completely unleashed and that was the reason we lost.

I know McVay is already figuring out how he could have done a better job of play calling and how we can upgrade key areas to make the team better. It is my hope that the success will attract some top quality free agents to augment our 2018 draft and next season, hopefully we are on bye during the wild card round. Go Rams!

#Highhopesfor2018!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Vent threads have a 24-hour time limit. This one went way beyond that. My bad. Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.