UDFA Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
FB type candidate?

Reminds me of a tough Stacy type hard runner. I'd say if he makes our roster somehow he could be a guy used in short yardage if Gurley isn't ready yet or is tired, though we already have guys like Cunningham who aren't too bad at that already.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Well, with all of the offensive linemen we've drafted, consider most of the holdovers (Washington, Baker, Bond, etc.) gone.

I don't how we can consider that. Who says Washington wasn't one high ankle sprain away from cracking the starting lineup last year and will improve enough to start without an injury on our O line? We can't assume everybody drafted will make the roster. Teams with deep rosters and considerable talent sometimes keep only 50% of their draft picks before forming a practice squad. Hell we may only have 4 picks make the 53. That's not a knock on their skills but a compliment to our team.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I'm most excited about Hagen. I think if he ran a 4.4 or better he would have been drafted. Running a 4.6-4.7 and coming from such a small school is what hurt him. The size is great and from the clips I've watched, the dude is a straight center fielder out there in coverage and a sure tackler. With a year of development, he may make McCloud very dispensable. Good luck to all these young men.
He might be the guy I end up rooting the most for in training camp. He has great size and production, the rams have needed a center fielder for what seems like forever.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
He might be the guy I end up rooting the most for in training camp. He has great size and production, the rams have needed a center fielder for what seems like forever.
I think McLeod takes an unfair beating. He's still trying to shake the stigma from his first couple of years here.
I thought he played well last year. Not pro bowl caliber, but solid.
I'm not convinced that a rookie can come in and take his spot. If one does, they would have to be a very good player. Which I would be completely fine with.

Limey

Rookie
Just decided to have a little fun and attached links to all the above UDFA signings. Not much info on some of them but here you go.

Brown looks interesting- could be an instant Stacy replacement. Longacre's 40 time (4.75) caught my eye as well.

Limey

Rookie
this guy is my favorite of the bunch....

maybe mcleod actually has some competition for once

I liked his highlight real and number of interceptions, it was the negatives on 503's link that dampened my enthusiasm a bit.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I liked his highlight real and number of interceptions, it was the negatives on 503's link that dampened my enthusiasm a bit.

He's basically a taller, free safety version of Jenkins with all of those weaknesses. And he's not nearly as athletically gifted as Jenkins. I understand the enthusiasm, but I just don't see it. I like Claiborne much more as a free safety.

Alan

Legend
jjab360 with this:
Each team gets the same amount of money to spend on UDFAs
I hadn't heard that but if they do they don't always spend it.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
JT on Twitter is saying we signed another OT from USF .....Darrell Williams?
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Add another O-linemen to the list. South Florida OT Darrell Williams to Rams as undrafted rookie. Had 29 starts at left tackle.</p>&mdash; Jim Thomas (@jthom1) <a href="
View: https://twitter.com/jthom1/status/594928920249520128
">May 3, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Memento

Name
Jemma
JT on Twitter is saying we signed another OT from USF .....Darrell Williams?
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Add another O-linemen to the list. South Florida OT Darrell Williams to Rams as undrafted rookie. Had 29 starts at left tackle.</p>&mdash; Jim Thomas (@jthom1) <a href="
View: https://twitter.com/jthom1/status/594928920249520128
">May 3, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Williams was the left tackle for the Bulls. From Jamaica. One of our "smaller" offensive linemen at 6'5", 305 lbs. Third team all AAC. Better prospect than Quinterrius Eatmon, the right tackle who got all the accolades.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Williams was the left tackle for the Bulls. From Jamaica. One of our "smaller" offensive linemen at 6'5", 305 lbs. Third team all AAC. Better prospect than Quinterrius Eatmon, the right tackle who got all the accolades.
Well looks like he is going to be added to the competition. I like this. It tells me that the competition is going to be STIFF and REAL. The best 9 guys are going to win the spots.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I think McLeod takes an unfair beating. He's still trying to shake the stigma from his first couple of years here.
I thought he played well last year. Not pro bowl caliber, but solid.
I'm not convinced that a rookie can come in and take his spot. If one does, they would have to be a very good player. Which I would be completely fine with.
Met Life was ready to send Emanuel Sanders's family a life insurance check after McLeod destroyed him. I realize I didn't add anything... McLeod is good!!!!!

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
There just might be an opening on the D-line next year because Brockers is going to be a FA I belive and with tough decisions to be made about JJ and Trumaine who will also be FAs we might not want to pay Brockers what the market for him will be.
Why next season? He signed for 2016

Memento

Name
Jemma
Counting other prospects I had my eye on:

Terrell Watson, RB - Cincinnati Bengals.
Miles Dieffenbach, C - Pittsburgh Steelers.
B.J. Finney, C - Pittsburgh Steelers.
Jeff Luc, LB - Miami Dolphins
Taiwan Jones, LB - New York Jets.
Kurtis Drummond, S - Houston Texans.
Lynden Trail, DE/OLB - Houston Texans.
Taylor Heinicke, QB - Minnesota Vikings.
Joey Mbu, DT - Atlanta Falcons.
Ryan Delaire, DE - Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Dres Anderson, WR - San Fransisco Forty-Whiners (TRAITOR!!!)

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
I think there's a slot at both cb and wr. McGhee hasn't impressed at all. And Brian Quicks shoulder is a major concern.

Hopefully someone can prove me wrong and provide with some good news on Quicks shoulder in case I missed it.