UDFA Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
But is he mentally ready to get over the shoulder injury?
You seem to imply he is the first and only player to have to come back from an injury. I will prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt, that his rehab is and will be more painful than anything he will be doing once he is cleared to get back on the field.

At some point, why not just root for the kid to succeed, instead of constantly coming up with reasons why he won't?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
You seem to imply he is the first and only player to have to come back from an injury. I will prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt, that his rehab is and will be more painful than anything he will be doing once he is cleared to get back on the field.

At some point, why not just root for the kid to succeed, instead of constantly coming up with reasons why he won't?

I do want him to succeed. But this was a very severe injury. I'll believe it when I see him dive or leap for a catch like he used to or hear you say that he did that. Fair enough?

Plenty of players have come back from injuries. Plenty more haven't.

Alan

Legend
So Ram thinking Williams has changed:
Don't think so,but Williams will be mixing it up.
I'm OK with soft coverage on 3rd &25 but I'd like to see Williams calling for MUCH more man coverage. A great pass rush doesn't do much good if the opposing QB is just going to take three step drops and complete that totally uncovered short pass.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I do want him to succeed. But this was a very severe injury. I'll believe it when I see him dive or leap for a catch like he used to or hear you say that he did that. Fair enough?

Plenty of players have come back from injuries. Plenty more haven't.
I understand your point of view. Just choose to give him the benefit of the doubt.

And to be fair, he's not the type of receiver that dives or lays out for balls all that often. Most of his "out of frame" catches are where he goes up and over defenders on contested throws.

Limey

Rookie
Bloody iPad! I meant to say that compared to the Dodgers pitching, his arm injury history doesn't look too bad

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
But is he mentally ready to get over the shoulder injury?
Yeah- Brian Quick has found himself.He has been working hard.I think The Rams WR are under rated,& really showed up in games last season.I'm a believer in Brian Quick.
I also think he still needs his reps,but with a shoulder it becomes your flexibility .He can reach over his head with full extension is what I gather.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
they are ROLLING....damn, we gotta go through them AGAIN? I'll return to this subject in 4 or 5 more months....
Dude no kidding. Too bad they'll lose to the Red Sox in the world series again. Wainwright being out is huge. Maybe not now, but for the playoffs.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I'm thankful for the advances in technology and the affordability of camera equipment that allows most small schools to stream their games online.

Limey

Rookie
I was just reading some interesting stuff on Cameron Lynch:
http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2014/05/cameron_lynch_freak_linebacker_athlete.html
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=120051&draftyear=2015&genpos=OLB
The bench reps are impressive, but not so surprising when you look at link 1, but combined with his shuttle time (4.07 v an average for LBs of 4.29) he might be worth watching. Oh, and in case you are thinking he is just a workout warrior:
http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2015/04/syracuse_football_2015_banquet_awards.html
He was a team captain as well.
Special teams places could be a really interesting camp battle this year.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I was just reading some interesting stuff on Cameron Lynch:
http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2014/05/cameron_lynch_freak_linebacker_athlete.html
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=120051&draftyear=2015&genpos=OLB
The bench reps are impressive, but not so surprising when you look at link 1, but combined with his shuttle time (4.07 v an average for LBs of 4.29) he might be worth watching. Oh, and in case you are thinking he is just a workout warrior:
http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2015/04/syracuse_football_2015_banquet_awards.html
He was a team captain as well.
Special teams places could be a really interesting camp battle this year.
I'm hoping at least ONE of these LB's can bump Chase Reynolds off. All he does is ST's and his roster spot could be used for LB depth and development

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I'm hoping at least ONE of these LB's can bump Chase Reynolds off. All he does is ST's and his roster spot could be used for LB depth and development
All he does is ST, which, IMO, is not to be minimized. And any one of "these LBs" are not going to be doing anything but ST's, so its kind of a wash, unless they are better than Reynolds. Which is unlikely.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
All he does is ST, which, IMO, is not to be minimized. And any one of "these LBs" are not going to be doing anything but ST's, so its kind of a wash, unless they are better than Reynolds. Which is unlikely.
I just meant Coach ... .that it would open a "depth" spot on the roster for a LB. We have bigger needs there than at the RB spot. I mean .... FIVE RB's on the 53 man, yet only 5 LB's. If one of theses guys can do what CR does on teams, they will provide depth so we can be at least 2 deep at each LB spot .... and we are still 4 deep at RB.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I wasn't "minimizing" his contributions to Teams ... just saying I would like to open roster spots at other positions :)