UDFA Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Going deep into the scouting department there...
the-exorcist-1024x571.jpg
Father Merren

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
While I agree that since Fisher and Snead took over, this regime has done a terrific job bringing in UDFA's that have shown they belong.

Not sure what the connection is as it pertains to Kroenke's wealth.

In the past the Rams were not permitted to use all of that money on the UDFAs. Now having Stan around just allows them to do what most other teams already have done for years.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
GRob and Mason werent in Fisher's ear about their former teammate?
Fishy for sure, no pun intended

paceram

Pro Bowler
Louis Trinca-Pasat DL Iowa
Imoan Claiborne CB Northwestern State
Malcolm Brown RB Texas
Bradley Marquez WR Texas Tech
Jacob Hagen S Liberty
Jay Hughes DB Mississippi State
Zach Laskey RB Georgia Tech
Isiah Ferguson, WR, Arkansas Pine Bluff 6047 218, 40 VJ, 4.57/40
Matt Longacre, DE/LB, NW MO St

Which players off this list do you think have the best chances makes the Rams roster next season?

I am guessing:
Jacob Hagen (I am guessing he will be the only UDFA that makes the Rams final roster)
Isiah Ferguson (PS)
Louis Trinca-Pasat (PS)
Bradley Marquez (PS) - IF, he is actually signed by the Rams (Sounds like he might be an Eagle!)
Imoan Claiborne (PS)

CoachO

Hall of Fame
In the past the Rams were not permitted to use all of that money on the UDFAs. Now having Stan around just allows them to do what most other teams already have done for years.
I get the previous regimes were not as active in scouting UDFA, but the financial commitment is not all that dramatic. I think this is more about philosophy of Fisher and Snead, than it is about the $$$.

With the new CBA, the changes in roster limits for training camp, etc. there is just more $$$ available now. The rookie salary cap, and structure has freed up more $$$ than they are spending on UDFA.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
With the new CBA, the changes in roster limits for training camp, etc. there is just more $$$ available now. The rookie salary cap, and structure has freed up more $$$ than they are spending on UDFA.

Nah Coach, Georgia was cheap and regardless of facts I just enjoy posting about it.:sneaky:

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Nah Coach, Georgia was cheap and regardless of facts I just enjoy posting about it.:sneaky:
If you say so. But just as Kroenke gets credit for paying handsomely for his Coaching Staff, so did Georgia. When Vermiel came in, he was given carte blanche to bring in an All-Star group of assistant coaches. And they weren't "cheap" .

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If you say so. But just as Kroenke gets credit for paying handsomely for his Coaching Staff, so did Georgia. When Vermiel came in, he was given carte blanche to bring in an All-Star group of assistant coaches. And they weren't "cheap" .

Yes she was Coach and quite frankly after the move Georgia did spare no expense, but many of us remember the Ferragamo & Dickerson years where she handcuffed the team with her frugal ways.

Stel

Starter
There were a number of what I thought to be 4th-6th round prospects that went undrafted. Guess I won't give up my day job! People like BJ Finney, Cody Prewitt, Josue Matais, and Taiwan Jones, all looked like mid round picks to me.

I really wanted Nick Marshall. Saw him as a 5th-6th rounder. Be interesting to watch him the next couple of years and see how he does. Liked DT Lott as an UDFA, too.

Alan

Legend
FRO thinking short term:
If I'm a D-Linemen or RB there is no way in the world I sign with the Rams.
There just might be an opening on the D-line next year because Brockers is going to be a FA I belive and with tough decisions to be made about JJ and Trumaine who will also be FAs we might not want to pay Brockers what the market for him will be.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Overall, I think this group of UDFA is nothing special. I will be surprised if any of them have any real prospects of making the roster. But IMO, that is a good thing. This organization has finally built the roster up enough over the past 3 years, that they do not have to count on UDFA to make sizeable contributions.

They had 65 (64 after the Stacy trade) players under contract BEFORE the draft. That hasn't happened in these parts for quite some time. Add to it the 9 member draft class, and you are looking at only having to add 15 players (give or take) to get to the training camp limit of 90. And you could still see a veteran added (Barksdale or Blaylock?).

To me, they have finally caught up with the rest of the league in terms of building a legitimate NFL roster. This is just another example of how far they have come.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Overall, I think this group of UDFA is nothing special. I will be surprised if any of them have any real prospects of making the roster. But IMO, that is a good thing. This organization has finally built the roster up enough over the past 3 years, that they do not have to count on UDFA to make sizeable contributions.

They had 65 (64 after the Stacy trade) players under contract BEFORE the draft. That hasn't happened in these parts for quite some time. Add to it the 9 member draft class, and you are looking at only having to add 15 players (give or take) to get to the training camp limit of 90. And you could still see a veteran added (Barksdale or Blaylock?).

To me, they have finally caught up with the rest of the league in terms of building a legitimate NFL roster. This is just another example of how far they have come.
Coach, by my count, in this thread, we have added 12 UDFA's, is that accurate!?!:unsure:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Which players off this list do you think have the best chances makes the Rams roster next season?

I am guessing:
Jacob Hagen (I am guessing he will be the only UDFA that makes the Rams final roster)
Isiah Ferguson (PS)
Louis Trinca-Pasat (PS)
Bradley Marquez (PS) - IF, he is actually signed by the Rams (Sounds like he might be an Eagle!)
Imoan Claiborne (PS)

My guesses, without seeing the rest of the potential UDFAs:

Louis Trinca-Pasat (fourth defensive tackle in rotation)
Imoan Claiborne (cornerback/free safety backup and special teams)
Isiah Ferguson (fifth wide receiver and special teams)
Matt Longacre (practice squad, but if he impresses like Westbrooks did, don't be surprised to see him on the line in the near future)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Exactly. In order for an UDFA to make the roster, someone from last year's roster (or a draft pick) needs to be cut. That should be harder and harder to happen as the roster deepens.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
By my count, that's 8 RBs in camp this year? 5 on roster and 3 newcomers? It's like a reality show, Fisher will be handing out roses.

Seriously, Chase Reynolds you better special team like you've never special teamed before.

Pead, we hardly knew ya.