Training Camp (WED Aug-16)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yea I think the velocity was a little hard. A little more touch if he wanted to go up top, or a little more to the outside shoulder if he wants to throw a bullet. That ball was in between...

It went right over the shoulder and clanged off both of Watkins's hands. I bet Watkins would tell you that he should have had that. I'm not seeing anything to second guess on that pass. Watkins had Tru beat. The end-zone is small. If you try to loft it, you give Tru a chance to get back into the play.

Ram65

Legend
Goff can't slide with it on. He always gets stopped in the grass/turf. Looks dangerous to me.

MachS

Hall of Fame
It went right over the shoulder and clanged off both of Watkins's hands. I bet Watkins would tell you that he should have had that. I'm not seeing anything to second guess on that pass. Watkins had Tru beat. The end-zone is small. If you try to loft it, you give Tru a chance to get back into the play.

I'm with you Sammy needs to make that catch 100%. I'm just being nit picky on Goff because IMO the back shoulder throw he made yesterday was a bit better. I don't think he needed to loft it, just add a bit more touch if he was going high. Either way it was a good throw that needed to be caught.

I think it's great after two days being with the offense Watkins is flashing his old self. Once he really knows the plays and gets on the same page with Goff it could get nasty.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm with you Sammy needs to make that catch 100%. I'm just being nit picky on Goff because IMO the back shoulder throw he made yesterday was a bit better. I don't think he needed to loft it, just add a bit more touch if he was going high. Either way it was a good throw that needed to be caught.

I think it's great after two days being with the offense Watkins is flashing his old self. Once he really knows the plays and gets on the same page with Goff it could get nasty.

The way I see it is why complicate it? Just put it on him, and trust him to make the catch. Sammy makes the catch 9 out of 10 times.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
The way I see it is why complicate it? Just put it on him, and trust him to make the catch. Sammy makes the catch 9 out of 10 times.

You're right. We're just nitpicking a little bit.
Watkins is supposed to be a bad a$$ and he would tell you he shoulda grabbed it.

At some point your receiver just has to make a play, especially if he's your go to #1 guy.
...guess we're not used to having a guy like that and have seen too many catchable balls hit the ground. Ha!

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
This is what everyone saw in Goff. Just look at that release
Jared+Goff+California+v+Arizona+OudzbfikviFl.jpg

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

He should have swallowed it whole. The pass was on the money. Again, camp, getting in tune with Goff, not sweating it.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
John Johnson is coming on, he has been hurt . He continues to show.

MJ has been getting burned. He got a high report for Saturday. Like the highest rating from some site ?? 91% ?? All I know is he missed a tackle & Marshall said he has to make that play to stop a 3rd down. The play went for 7 extra yards.

Webster & Robey are fine as far as being starters. Best to rest them. Competition for the DB's is fierce .

Same with WR's. The Rams have to keep 7 . Spruuce & Harkey will probably get cut ?

I've said all along Rams keep less offensive lineman. I noticed Kromer JR . really gets into the game.

What really pusses me off extremely right now is that Ram fans want to dig Jamon Brown for one freaking missed block to start off the game for a 3 yard loss, in which they ended up scoring on sort of speak.
I say go back and look at the tape !!

Goff is going to have his ups & downs. I think McVay is pushing him to look through his progressions a little more.
The Rams defense has brought high energy. Tavon is going to be back soon , so that will be a added bonus.
Who was that WR slot guy from I Florida that just made plays, but was always injured.(Percey Harvin) that was a excellent weapon.

I was really impressed with Johnson on Saturday...that unnecessary roughness was a bad call in my opinion...he was aggressive out there...a couple of plays later he came flying in with a big hit.... He may be a threat to Cody Davis staying on the team honestly...

and as one of the people who was critical of Brown..it wasn't just the one play on Saturday.... it was the fact that one play was so similar to what we saw from Brown last year.... and if we haven't improved at that position from last year...that's not good.... Brown needs to play well in games ... just haven't seen a lot of that.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was really impressed with Johnson on Saturday...that unnecessary roughness was a bad call in my opinion...he was aggressive out there...a couple of plays later he came flying in with a big hit.... He may be a threat to Cody Davis staying on the team honestly...

and as one of the people who was critical of Brown..it wasn't just the one play on Saturday.... it was the fact that one play was so similar to what we saw from Brown last year.... and if we haven't improved at that position from last year...that's not good.... Brown needs to play well in games ... just haven't seen a lot of that.

Are you and @LACHAMP46 brothers?

TexasRam

Legend
Haha love that a defensive player #31 came over to give Mike Thomas kudos. But does anyone see a pattern of seeing #32 in these highlight videos? Yesterday there were two touchdown highlights and Troy Hill was the victim of both. :p im just hating on Troy Hill. it was a pretty well defended play.

Troy hill is the master of being in position but not making the play. It's why he is a backup.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

I don't think Cody Davies is going any. He is solid & a core special teams guy..

Johnson ?? Was that the helmet to helmet ? Marshall brought up a good point. The offensive guy actually was the guy who created the contact.The defender should have the same rights to the ball. His question was what happens in that case ? Those are bang bang plays & like he said should be able to review them.

Brown to me , was just one play he missed(badly), but overall I thought played well. To other plays he realsed early , but on Browns fumble on there on goal line was right there , just in case Malcom didn't recover it .

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Excellent!
Only two interceptions yesterday while throwing three the day before.

If he only throws one today....

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Are you and @LACHAMP46 brothers?
In spirit.....It did look just like last year...like he was confused on whom to block...and several other plays he looked slow...and out of position. I'm sure you saw it too Kurt.

Remember when McVay was talking about why Havenstein was a better fit for guard? The mental part...Brown's play made me think of that.

View: https://twitter.com/thedukeROD/status/897962823946444800

I'd like a little more change in cadence from this entire QB squad....

Last edited:

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Gurley gets hurt, he gets hurt. I'd rather see him look like the Gurley of old. I'm not saying he needs to pass on going out of bounds to try and earn an extra yard or two in the preseason, but I would like to see him break tackles and rip off some nice runs.
You can't do that when you only get 4 carries. This nonsense is from the same people who said Goff looked great while only throwing 4 passes lol this is literally some of the funniest double standards I have ever witnessed. I can see if he got 15 carries and didn't do anything but 4 carries come on

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In spirit.....It did look just like last year...like he was confused on whom to block...and several other plays he looked slow...and out of position. I'm sure you saw it too Kurt.

Remember when McVay was talking about why Havenstein was a better fit for guard? The mental part...Brown's play made me think of that.

View: https://twitter.com/thedukeROD/status/897962823946444800

I'd like a little more change in cadence from this entire QB squad....

That's one thing Mannion has been good at, he had a couple last preseason and had one in the first game

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You can't do that when you only get 4 carries. This nonsense is from the same people who said Goff looked great while only throwing 4 passes lol this is literally some of the funniest double standards I have ever witnessed. I can see if he got 15 carries and didn't do anything but 4 carries come on

Goff went 3/4 with a YPA over 7 and threw a pass resulting in a TD. Gurley rushed 4 times for 2 yards. If Goff had gone out there and looked bad, you better bet people would have criticized him. There's no double standard.

Yes, Gurley's blocking sucked, but he also didn't make anyone miss or break any tackles. That's what I want to see.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
In all fairness to Goff.... there are as many people who insist he was terrible with that 4 pass performance as good.... some even suggesting he was benched. .....lmao

Go Rams......... ;)