Training Camp (WED Aug-16)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff went 3/4 with a YPA over 7 and threw a pass resulting in a TD. Gurley rushed 4 times for 2 yards. If Goff had gone out there and looked bad, you better bet people would have criticized him. There's no double standard.

Yes, Gurley's blocking sucked, but he also didn't make anyone miss or break any tackles. That's what I want to see.
lol that's completely different and a baseless argument. You supposed to have more pass yards than rushing yards that's a no brained and we all saw how fast Gurley was tackled when he got the handoff. It's completely different as a running back then a qb. There is a double standard people don't wanna give Gurley the benefit of the doubt because of last year but everyone wanna talk about McVay and the receivers this year like last year didn't happen

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In spirit.....It did look just like last year...like he was confused on whom to block...and several other plays he looked slow...and out of position. I'm sure you saw it too Kurt.

Remember when McVay was talking about why Havenstein was a better fit for guard? The mental part...Brown's play made me think of that.

c'mon man, i wasn't talking about the content in his post. you couldn't see any similarities between his posts and your own?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
lol that's completely different and a baseless argument. You supposed to have more pass yards than rushing yards that's a no brained and we all saw how fast Gurley was tackled when he got the handoff. It's completely different as a running back then a qb. There is a double standard people don't wanna give Gurley the benefit of the doubt because of last year but everyone wanna talk about McVay and the receivers this year like last year didn't happen

My argument is both factually sound and completely on point. Goff put up good stats in his limited action. It's why he's not being criticized (if we can even call what we're saying about Gurley criticism). That isn't a double standard.

The vast majority of people have given Gurley the benefit of the doubt about last year, but that's why we want to see something promising now.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
My argument is both factually sound and completely on point. Goff put up good stats in his limited action. It's why he's not being criticized (if we can even call what we're saying about Gurley criticism). That isn't a double standard.

The vast majority of people have given Gurley the benefit of the doubt about last year, but that's why we want to see something promising now.

Not that I disagree with your post. I do want to see some stuff from Gurley in the preseason - unlike Fish would even allow a chance at.

But just trying to look at the whole thing in perspective. I think for a RB knowing that you are probably only getting a couple carries. You probably are wanting to pop off a big run, but the honest thing of it all is that you just aren't going to develop a rhythm, you aren't going to be in the 'flow' of the game.

As McVay has said the 1st team will build in each game leading into the 3rd game. I expect a quarter, or maybe a little more on Saturday (depending on opportunities), and then hopefully a half of play in the 3rd game.

If Gurley is still running into ankle tackles at that point. . . then it's time to talk.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

So you want to see something promising on 4 carries right when the majority of them got snuffed not do to him but the offensive line. That's just like Goffs interceptions from last year rIght how everybody want to dismiss those because they hit the receivers hands. lol that's a double standard how it seems that everything negative about Goff gets an asterisk next too it but no one else on the team gets that same asterisk.

So I wonder what excuses we go see the next time Goff doesn't get the job done. I hope I see the same thing now that I'm seeing about Gurley but previous history tells me I'm not

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff was 3/4 for 34 yards when 19 came off a 6 yard pass to a wide open receiver lol, but we are praising that performance.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff was 3/4 for 34 yards when 19 came off a 6 yard pass to a wide open receiver lol, but we are praising that performance.

No, we're simply saying Goff did enough with his 4 snaps to not feel disappointed. Gurley didn't. It's that simple. I want to see something more from Gurley to indicate to me he's back.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So you want to see something promising on 4 carries right when the majority of them got snuffed not do to him but the offensive line. That's just like Goffs interceptions from last year rIght how everybody want to dismiss those because they hit the receivers hands. lol that's a double standard how it seems that everything negative about Goff gets an asterisk next too it but no one else on the team gets that same asterisk.

So I wonder what excuses we go see the next time Goff doesn't get the job done. I hope I see the same thing now that I'm seeing about Gurley but previous history tells me I'm not

You're trying really hard to establish a double standard, but you keep failing. I was one of Gurley's staunchest defenders last year. But this isn't last year. I want to see promising play from both Gurley and Goff in the preseason.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No, we're simply saying Goff did enough with his 4 snaps to not feel disappointed. Gurley didn't. It's that simple. I want to see something more from Gurley to indicate to me he's back.
So the missed blocks didn't have nothing to do with it?? That's all I'm saying when 3/4 runs don't get blocked

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You're trying really hard to establish a double standard, but you keep failing. I was one of Gurley's staunchest defenders last year. But this isn't last year. I want to see promising play from both Gurley and Goff in the preseason.
I'm failing lol that's cool because this board keeps all receipts

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So the missed blocks didn't have nothing to do with it?? That's all I'm saying when 3/4 runs don't get blocked

As I said before, the blocking was bad. That's not Todd's fault. I want to see Todd look like Todd, though. I want to see him break tackles or make players miss during the preseason. I want to see him look like Georgia Gurley.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
As I said before, the blocking was bad. That's not Todd's fault. I want to see Todd look like Todd, though. I want to see him break tackles or make players miss during the preseason. I want to see him look like Georgia Gurley.

Todd was tired, from filming his new Gatorade commercial. Assuming he doesn't have another film session, maybe we'll see Todd be Todd this weekend.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm failing lol that's cool because this board keeps all receipts

Yes, you're failing to establish a double standard. Would you like me to pull up all the posts I made defending Gurley last year to show you that I gave him as much of a pass as I gave Goff?

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My point is though 4 carries isn't enough to start judging him 1 way or the other people are still carrying over last year perception of him into this year but then same people are giving Goff a clean slate

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, you're failing to establish a double standard. Would you like me to pull up all the posts I made defending Gurley last year to show you that I gave him as much of a pass as I gave Goff?
I'm not explicitly talking about you

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My point is though 4 carries isn't enough to start judging him 1 way or the other people are still carrying over last year perception of him into this year but then same people are giving Goff a clean slate

That's correct. It's not enough to judge him. But there's nothing wrong with saying you want to see more in the coming weeks than Gurley showed in Week 1.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's correct. It's not enough to judge him. But there's nothing wrong with saying you want to see more in the coming weeks than Gurley showed in Week 1.
There isn't but when People bring up his 4 yard performance in 4 rushing attempts and use that as a negative that speaks to other motives

theduke

Rookie
Camp Reporter
Troy hill is the master of being in position but not making the play. It's why he is a backup.

Yes!! I couldn't put my finger on what it is about him. It's this. He's always (well, usually!) in position but he has no idea where the ball is.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There isn't but when People bring up his 4 yard performance in 4 rushing attempts and use that as a negative that speaks to other motives
Don't expect people to be rational! Goff and Todd are on different planes. Todd has already had a really great rookie year. We know what he can do. That's why there is a higher expectation/standard regarding Gurley. Goff isn't there yet. He needs to show improvement and growth. So as long as people see that he didn't fk up so bad, people will take it and be satisfied for now LOL. At least that's my point of view.