The Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Correction - Keenum is good and inspires confidence in all who play around him, he is in fact the Michael Jordon of QB's and will be taking us to the promise land, all in football land marvel at the Fisher regime management of Jared Goff who failed to suit up for game day and instead was able to stand around and watch Keenum baffled by the iPad for the sake of experience -- nice passes Keenum under zero duress, totally instils confidence in your blockers and your teammates

* edit - blue font needed?
Some objectivity would be even better.
We're all pissed off, but that doesn't mean we have to act like the jealous girlfriend. :)

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Yeah. K.

How about these are professional football players and not 9 year olds who hold grudges and pine for cute blondes instead of the short kid?

Professional ?
Did you see Keenum play last night?
If Keenum is the standard of which this team bases it's offense than here is absolutely zero excuse for Goff not starting it at least suiting up

Gross mismanagement from Fisher so much so that people are speculating VY revisited

Offensive line is better than that and nobody wants to play for a scrub like Keenum - 9 year old or not, they want to fight for their guy and the future is Goff

- bottom line, we just got blanked by the worst team in the NFL which makes us worse than that / the word PROFESSIONALISM should be thrown out the door

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Some objectivity would be even better.
We're all pissed off, but that doesn't mean we have to act like the jealous girlfriend. :)

I can be 100% objective
We are a paper tiger

* edit, trying to keep my venting to the vent thread so be forgiving

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
That's certainly more objective than claiming the OLine picks and chooses with QB they want to block for.

Argh
I watched the game man!!!!!

Did you see the body language from our players? We looked defeated and it ain't gonna get any better when we face Super Bowl contenders

Argh

Gonna go swimming and cry

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Professional ?
Did you see Keenum play last night?
If Keenum is the standard of which this team bases it's offense than here is absolutely zero excuse for Goff not starting it at least suiting up
You're all over the place. Here's what I'm responding to.

You: "The O-line doesn't want to block for Keenum. They want Goff."
Me:. "Yeah, okay. That's ridiculous. They're Professionals."
You: "PROFESSIONAL? DID YOU SEE ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP?"
Me:. "I was only talking about your initial comment about the O-line's motives."

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I honestly felt like I was getting punk'd last night. Like this was a coordinated clusterfuck to mess with Rams fans heads. I could not and still cannot comprehend that a professional team could play that horribly. I swear this is all scripted. The Rams jilt Stl, come back to LA and it's SOSAR. This is like a bad dream.....and a reoccurring one at that.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
You're all over the place. Here's what I'm responding to.

You: "The O-line doesn't want to block for Keenum. They want Goff."
Me:. "Yeah, okay. That's ridiculous. They're Professionals."
You: "PROFESSIONAL? DID YOU SEE ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP?"
Me:. "I was only talking about your initial comment about the O-line's motives."

Me - we suck

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One play so you think posting one play is going to make the evaluation of a game. You're better than that jrry but you are letting your man crush on Goff blind your objectivity. Goff would have been beaten down last night at home on MNF and it would have been as bad or not worse than what we saw with Keenum.

Like I said you're full of it.

I think posting one play that is indicative of the game that was played is pretty meaningful. Keenum didn't receive perfect protection. That's life in the NFL. But Keenum didn't help matters either. The 49ers defense crowded the LOS and blitzed because they did not fear Keenum's arm. And Keenum made a number of flat-out bad reads and inaccurate throws.

You can blame my man-crush on Goff. But I still contend that I've seen this thing clearly all along. Fisher bungled the QB position. Keenum had no business being our Week 1 starter.

This is true. And I saw two checks from Keenum from his pre-snap reads because of it. Might have been more, but I was keying on different things throughout the game and have no way of replaying it now (I cut the cord months ago). I did notice (and this might just be me) that there were quite a few communication breakdowns pre-snap and some confusion about assignments, but I'll need someone else to verify that for me.

I saw the same thing regarding confusion. The OL definitely had communication issues. Which begs the question...why? Is it the scheme that's too complicated? Was it the QB? Was it the Center?

My issue is that we were sold the narrative that Keenum gives this team the best chance to win because he'll avoid turnovers, get plays in on time, and have the offense under control with his command of the offense. None of that came into fruition. We had at least one delay of game and at least one timeout wasted because we were late getting lined up. The OL and backs had a number of communication breakdowns in pass pro. And Keenum had two very costly turnovers.

I didn't see a guy who gave this team the best chance to win.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I saw the same thing regarding confusion. The OL definitely had communication issues. Which begs the question...why? Is it the scheme that's too complicated? Was it the QB? Was it the Center?

My issue is that we were sold the narrative that Keenum gives this team the best chance to win because he'll avoid turnovers, get plays in on time, and have the offense under control with his command of the offense. None of that came into fruition. We had at least one delay of game and at least one timeout wasted because we were late getting lined up. The OL and backs had a number of communication breakdowns in pass pro. And Keenum had two very costly turnovers.

I didn't see a guy who gave this team the best chance to win.
I don't know why either, bud. You can see that the plays that are being called can be successful if executed properly.
For instance, look at this one and tell me what happens if Kendricks executes on the edge and Brown doesn't get bulldozed into his own backfield.

View: https://twitter.com/NoPlanB_/status/775809280297476097

As far as Keenum goes, I don't disagree with you, but I'm not as hard on him either. I've seen him execute and make very good throws when given a pocket and a little more time. That's not to say that he's the future, or that I want him to be the starter all year. It's just a little props for the guy who I know isn't as horrible as he looked last night. I want you to be clear on my position here. I'm every bit as eager to see Goff (and Thomas and Cooper and Spruce) run this offense. But there are CLEARLY bigger problems at work here that even Goff - with his unlimited potential - won't be able to remedy on his own.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm every bit as eager to see Goff (and Thomas and Cooper and Spruce) run this offense. But there are CLEARLY bigger problems at work here that even Goff - with his unlimited potential - won't be able to remedy on his own.

My point isn't that Goff is a miracle cure. It's that Goff changes how teams prepare for us. We saw what the 49ers did. They dared us to throw down the field. They squatted on everything underneath, blitzed the bejeesus out of our OL, and stacked the box. Keenum had no ability to back them off. That's something Goff can do. Goff's arm talent opens up every part of the field.

Simply by virtue of having a talented passer back there, teams will be forced to back off a bit. They'll definitely continue to blitz. So we'll need to get the OL and backs on the same page. But they won't be able to squat on everything underneath or else Goff will be capable of making them pay.

Do I think Keenum is as bad as he looked last night? No. That was Keith Null bad. However, I do retain my opinion that Keenum is a bottom 3 starting QB and his performance last year was not inspiring.

Which is why I'm frustrated that Fisher did not make an effort to prepare Goff to start from Day 1. Reasonable minds can disagree on that opinion. It's pure speculation based on things I noticed and Fisher's history as a HC. But it's the opinion I hold and why I am so frustrated with the Rams right now.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
My point isn't that Goff is a miracle cure. It's that Goff changes how teams prepare for us. We saw what the 49ers did. They dared us to throw down the field. They squatted on everything underneath, blitzed the bejeesus out of our OL, and stacked the box. Keenum had no ability to back them off. That's something Goff can do. Goff's arm talent opens up every part of the field.

Simply by virtue of having a talented passer back there, teams will be forced to back off a bit. They'll definitely continue to blitz. So we'll need to get the OL and backs on the same page. But they won't be able to squat on everything underneath or else Goff will be capable of making them pay.

Do I think Keenum is as bad as he looked last night? No. That was Keith Null bad. However, I do retain my opinion that Keenum is a bottom 3 starting QB and his performance last year was not inspiring.

Which is why I'm frustrated that Fisher did not make an effort to prepare Goff to start from Day 1. Reasonable minds can disagree on that opinion. It's pure speculation based on things I noticed and Fisher's history as a HC. But it's the opinion I hold and why I am so frustrated with the Rams right now.
Understood. I think the only place where we differ is relative to the difference he'll be able to make right away. I honestly don't think teams (even the 49ers) would be afraid to approach the game the same way if Goff is in there. Yes he has a stronger arm, and yes he can make some tight-window throws, but that's a non-issue if he's pressured as relentlessly as Keenum was last night. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. I've seen countless defensive coordinators go after rookie QBs with the same tenacity, because being able to think on the fly isn't one of their strong suits early on. But all that said, I'm curious enough to see how he handles it now. Problem with that is, I don't think we're going to see him right away for reasons I intimated in other threads.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I just can't get over how this team looks on the road under Jeff Fisher. Every year there has been a game where they didn't even compete. London 2012 vs NE, Dallas 2013, Philly and KC 2014, Cincy 2015 and now SF 2016. Good coaches don't lay eggs like this each year. I like Fisher's personality, but the proof is in the pudding. 9 wins or his job is toast.

Status
Not open for further replies.