The Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
That's what I saw also. It was a fudge all over - no doubt. But a lot of the time Keenum actually made a read to get the ball to a guy that was open but he simply didn't have the physical ability to get the ball there quickly or accurately enough. It was wobbly and slow or yards wide away from where it was supposed to be. I don't know why you wouldn't have put Mannion in at some point.

And what sense does it make to throw away a season behind this guy when you have the QBOTF in his street clothes? How can a guy with as little talent as Keenum be keeping Goff from dressing?
You're right @RaminExile - Mannion could have taken the reigns for the 4th quarter, we were screwed anyway, a change of personnel could have provided the 'spark'... Keen is not elite, at best, and he was having a bad day, he was never going to turn that game around - should have given Mannion the reps - just to see.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Honestly, I think what we witnessed was a team that somehow, someway managed to have a bad day at pretty much every position group other than ST. I cannot imagine we will see anything that putrid again....dear lord I PRAY we don't. The coaches deserve a lot of heat for this, but the players are ultimately responsible for doing their jobs. I hope a lot of these guys took a hard look in the mirror after this stinker. I am not convinced that locker room is stocked with team first winners however. That worries me more than anything. Fisher runs to loose of a ship IMO.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
That's what I saw also. It was a fudge all over - no doubt. But a lot of the time Keenum actually made a read to get the ball to a guy that was open but he simply didn't have the physical ability to get the ball there quickly or accurately enough. It was wobbly and slow or yards wide away from where it was supposed to be. I don't know why you wouldn't have put Mannion in at some point.

And what sense does it make to throw away a season behind this guy when you have the QBOTF in his street clothes? How can a guy with as little talent as Keenum be keeping Goff from dressing?

That's what makes this so GD frustrating. If Goff started, we might have lost and he might have made plenty of mistakes, but would he have been any worse than Keenum was? Very doubtful. And Goff, the QBOTF, would have actually learned something from live reps.

If nothing else, having him dressed, he could have been brought in when the game was getting out of hand and got some live reps that way. This was an opportunity, and Fisher blew it about as bad as it could possibly be blown.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
We normally lock this thread about 24 hours after the game. This week's deserved a little longer opening.

That being said... it's time to move on folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.