The Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Who is up for a re-watch? I'm not sure I can do it.

I generally watch game 2 or 3 times by Tuesday night but I'm not sure I'll ever put that festering turd back on.

Ill put my big boy pants on and get it done later this week - but my wounds are just too raw right now

Old Rock

Rookie
Name
Rock
Well, it looks as though we fans are getting a good case of adversity. How are we going to handle it? I'm going to sit and wait ( along with a big cooler of beer, it might be a long wait ) to watch the new phoenix arise from this smoldering pile of ashes. Come on Jared, spread your wings and fly! Whew, that took my last ounce of optimism. :banana: :cheers:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yeah, that's why I said a while back that I have no idea what this offense is supposed to be. There are zone-read elements, some vert elements (way too few), some west-coast concepts, some misdirection plays (way too few), trips, spread, and a lot of ground chuck. But no real identity Well, that's not true. Enough people in the media have already identified it as a horizontal offense since the end of that game.

Yep.

Legacy of Schotty. We've got this Hybrid WCO/Coryell offense that has other bolted on elements that has turned this into a Frankenstein monster of an offense.

Essentially, it's the worst of both WCO and Coryell, if that's possible...

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
I keep checking ESPN, NFL Network, etc.. to see if Fisher has been fired yet but have not seen a thing. What more needs to happen before Fisher is fired? ANY other coach would have been long gone even before last night's debacle.

FRO

Legend
This team isn't just a QB or HC away from being good. This team has real issues. It may be the worst team of the Fisher/Snead era.

TexasRam

Legend
Who is up for a re-watch? I'm not sure I can do it.

I generally watch game 2 or 3 times by Tuesday night but I'm not sure I'll ever put that festering turd back on.

Ill put my big boy pants on and get it y done later this week - but my wounds are just too raw right now

Exactly where I am at. I always rewatch carefully analyzing the oline. But need to let the oven cool down this time. Aiming for Friday.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Exactly where I am at. I always rewatch carefully analyzing the oline. But need to let the oven cool down this time. Aiming for Friday.
So pissed, I deleted it already. No rewatch on this one for me. It was clear enough.

We got out-coached, outplayed, and outclassed.

baconandbread

Super Secret Starting DT
All this talk of Keenum/Goff...we all know the real answer at QB for this offense is Hekker.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Seriously, how was the d supposed to function with sensabaugh out there. Every 3rd down was a throw to his man for a 1st down completion. It must have been soul crushing for the rest of the d every time a wide open wr caught a ball for a 1st down. I know this much, if he is starting next week I will be picking him up in my idp league. He will get a minimum of 15 tackles, all on wrs who just got a 1st down.

Last edited:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I think posting one play that is indicative of the game that was played is pretty meaningful. Keenum didn't receive perfect protection. That's life in the NFL. But Keenum didn't help matters either. The 49ers defense crowded the LOS and blitzed because they did not fear Keenum's arm. And Keenum made a number of flat-out bad reads and inaccurate throws.

You can blame my man-crush on Goff. But I still contend that I've seen this thing clearly all along. Fisher bungled the QB position. Keenum had no business being our Week 1 starter.

I didn't see a guy who gave this team the best chance to win.

I'm looking forward to seeing Goff when he is ready to play at an NFL level but what he showed is he is not there. Whether that is because he had so far to go from a college program that did him no favors or the way he was handled by the Rams or a combination of both. Whatever it is he was not ready and the Rams knew he would be likely to blow up and get beaten into a pile of unusable picks.

Keenum did not look great but there were was not a lot going well after the first few plays. There were a few drops notable TA looking very tentative and incapable of making a play. However with better Oline play I believe all of them look better and it could be as early as this week.

It looks like Keenum will start again this week in a huge game it is unlikely we'll see Goff anytime soon.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Should I re-watch the game, sober?
image.gif

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
First time I have said it, but Fisher and this entire offensive philosophy needs to go.
We are wasting the talent on defense and whatever talent on offense we have.
I've been a Fisher supporter but his time has or is expiring. If this team plays with this lack of poise and energy for the next couple of games it's over for me.And I want Stan to pony the freak up and PAY the Rooney's to select our new coach. They've had 3 coaches for the last 35-40 years. Every one of them was or is a winner. PAY them, Stan.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm looking forward to seeing Goff when he is ready to play at an NFL level but what he showed is he is not there. Whether that is because he had so far to go from a college program that did him no favors or the way he was handled by the Rams or a combination of both. Whatever it is he was not ready and the Rams knew he would be likely to blow up and get beaten into a pile of unusable picks.

Keenum did not look great but there were was not a lot going well after the first few plays. There were a few drops notable TA looking very tentative and incapable of making a play. However with better Oline play I believe all of them look better and it could be as early as this week.

It looks like Keenum will start again this week in a huge game it is unlikely we'll see Goff anytime soon.

I don't agree. History tells us otherwise on this front.

Goff can handle playing. Fisher is just proving, yet again, that he doesn't learn from his mistakes.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Understood. I think the only place where we differ is relative to the difference he'll be able to make right away. I honestly don't think teams (even the 49ers) would be afraid to approach the game the same way if Goff is in there. Yes he has a stronger arm, and yes he can make some tight-window throws, but that's a non-issue if he's pressured as relentlessly as Keenum was last night. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. I've seen countless defensive coordinators go after rookie QBs with the same tenacity, because being able to think on the fly isn't one of their strong suits early on. But all that said, I'm curious enough to see how he handles it now. Problem with that is, I don't think we're going to see him right away for reasons I intimated in other threads.

That's the thing, though. I expect them to go after Goff. But he'll make them pay. Keenum's poor field vision and inaccuracy kept us from beating the blitz last night. We had opportunities. Keenum did a poor job of identifying the open player when blitzed.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That's the thing, though. I expect them to go after Goff. But he'll make them pay. Keenum's poor field vision and inaccuracy kept us from beating the blitz last night. We had opportunities. Keenum did a poor job of identifying the open player when blitzed.
Certainly can't be any worse.
The only thing that worries me is his inability to recognize things right now.
And you and I both know that leads to injuries. But ... what the hell. Maybe he's smarter than I think.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I don't agree. History tells us otherwise on this front.

Goff can handle playing. Fisher is just proving, yet again, that he doesn't learn from his mistakes.

This is pure unadulterated mismanagement - Fisher is willfully making these moves despite what he knows about his past - it's borderline insanity if you ask me
Goff - #1 pick
Not dressed
Players drafted under Goff not only suited up but some got playing time - so any bullshit about Goff needing to sit to "experience" the game is a complete load of crap. The Keenum argument for me was good up until we got that #1 pick. When you get the best QB in the draft you prepare him for the job -- what they've done is say they are smarter than everyone else and unlike the Jags, the Titans, Pitt, Tampa, Phili, and the list goes on, you're gonna take an exceptional route that not only nobody else is doing, but a route you refuse to take with another position like tight end

Basically what Fisher has done is guarantee we won't win a game this year and that Gurley is gonna be a 2.3 yard per average runner this year

We win it lose with Goff

Keenum looked defeated and lost

What has this regime accomplished with their "moves" I ask you

Nothjng

bluecoconuts

Legend
Honestly I don't even know if Goff gives us any better of a chance to win... My entire beef is that he was in civilian clothes.. Had he been dressed, by the time the 4th quarter hit, when it was obvious that our offense was doing and was going to continue doing nothing, they could have put him in. We're already down 21-0, so it's not like he'd lose us the game, and that way he gets some reps in, gets some experience, his feet wet, and who knows, maybe it's a spark that leads to good things.

That's my biggest beef... I think Keenum played like shit, but we basically just wasted time with Goff.. And that horseshit about wanting him to experience Monday night? Get the fuck outa here, he's an NFL QB not a child going to Disneyland for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.