PREGAME The Ravens up next - Pregame Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Look I get that most think we will get rolled or make it somewhat of the game, but this team is not invincible.

They are the #2 rated defense Cleveland was #1 with Ward 9u5 agaibst us but our OL held up nicely, we ran good and hung 36 on them. We have looked really solid top to bottom. I get how banged up Cleveland but their wasn't. I think maybe our Offense is reverting back to 2018 from to a lesser degree not sure but they definitely looked strong.

Same with the D. With the rain maybe we go into Baltimore and beat them.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Here is the current hourly forecast for our game, from the Weather Channel.

:wow2:

IMG_7728.png

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Damn rain. I was planning on going to this game till I saw the forecast. We were there for the last second win 2 years ago. Hopefully we can pull out another win.

Ellard80

Legend
honestly this weather is a bad break for the rams....

hard for me to believe a team that is from a place where it never rains doesn't have a disadvantage.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The weather may actually help the Rams. Baltimore has a great pass rush so Stafford probably won't have a great day anyway. Rams need to run the ball and scheme for a short passing game. JMO.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We beat the new Browns last week and now we get to beat the old Browns this week.....

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I just noticed the title to this thread is wrong. It should read,

“ The Ravens Down Next - Pregame Thread “

:helmet::shitlogo::helmet::shitlogo::helmet::shitlogo::helmet::shitlogo::helmet::shitlogo::helmet:

oldnotdead

Legend
With Higbee being doubtful then they probably will play Long at TE. IMO this could work to McVay's advantage. IMO Long is a better blocker than Higbee. He could be a big help to Havenstein against Clowney. Jones is their power inside but in their base scheme Avila and Shelton should be able to handle him. I would anticipate MacDonald to show a lot of double edges particularly on the left. Jackson's discipline will be tested.

They know getting pressure vs Stafford is key to defending the passing game. The Ravens blitz a lot both outside and especially inside so the entire DL will be tested. It's why running the ball efficiently is the key to beating this defense. IMO in their base they aren't as intimidating.

With Kupp, Puka, and Atwell/Robinson the Rams pose a challenge for the Raven secondary. They have a good secondary but few teams offer the challenge the Rams do. Protect Stafford and the Rams will be able to pass on the Ravens in the short and intermediate zones. That is why the run game is important. If the Rams can be efficient and stay ahead of the chains there will be holes in that intermediate zone.

This is the kind of game where I see Robinson having a good game. He's like having a good pass catching TE at X and allows Kupp and Puka to play all over the field. Defenses will probably sleep on him when he's on the field. But IMO Robinson could be key to moving the chains. As long as the defense can keep the game close I like the Ram's chances in this game. I think the Ravens will have to blitz to get pressure and that will expose them to slants, swing passes and an outside run game. If McVay stays true to his balanced offensive formula this offense can beat any defense.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
So question for the X's and O's guys.

Being the ravens like to crowd the LOS on defense doesn't that open them up to being weak at the edges? Quick sweeps and whatnot.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
So question for the X's and O's guys.

Being the ravens like to crowd the LOS on defense doesn't that open them up to being weak at the edges? Quick sweeps and whatnot.

if you have a running QB you can kill overload blitzes ... you can see the side opposite the overload someone could
get the opposite edge...but remember the blitzes come in passing situations ... so with Stafford? Not enough speed to get the exposed
edge. If a RB leaked out over there---you could also get a big play but the RB has to be the 6th blocker to account for all potential rushers.

Also--they can drop 7 an rush 4, as well ... and then they have guys in the flats ...
here's one --- there are a couple others in this thread you can see what you are talking about---an exposed edge
with a backside blocker, tackle or TE, sealing the edge. Lamar, Josh Allen, Hurts, Mahomes can all get something
from looks like this--

oldnotdead

Legend
Crowding the LOS depends upon how they do it. If they are extending the DL like playing double edges, then IMO the inside run game could keep them from doing that. Running inside also inhibits them blitzing their LBs. That's why if the Rams can be efficient with a run game, inside or out, it changes how the defense have to play them. It slows the rush down and blitzes disappear.

Conversely, if McVay abandons the run the OL has no chance against this defensive front 7. Running will be key to this game offensively. That also applies to the Ravens. They lost a huge part of that run attack when Dobbins went on IR. This is why they MUST contain Jackson and keep him from being that run game. Because of Jackson's ability to run the Rams probably will be in a heavy zone defense all game long. IMO lots of double high and quarters probably. Jackson prefers to attack the intermediate and deep zones so pressure is important. Take away those throws and contain Jackson and you take away a huge part of their offense.

My concern is how well the Ram defense plays. I think the offense can score on the Ravens, but the defense can't allow it to be a shootout.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I agree, Stafford will be ready, it's the line and RB that is more concerning. If they slide wrong way it can be a disaster. As long as the line communicates they can handle the blitzes when they come --- but just as important, know who they have when Ravens only send four or five. If you have 7 on LOS and the two DTs drop ... the line and RB have to pick up the four --- but sometimes that does not happen with teams. A lot of free runners even when sending just 5.

Stafford can reset the protection if there is overload to one side -- but will line do it right? Still some young guys there.

To me, it's just a difficult matchup.
So you say there’s a chance? :shitlogo::helmet::shitlogo::helmet::shitlogo::helmet::shitlogo::helmet::shitlogo: