PREGAME The Ravens up next - Pregame Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter
Lamar is the freakiest athletic QB in the league probably ever (Maybe Vick?) but Lamar is much better in the pocket than people think… He’s like 18-1 vs NFC teams all-time.. I’d probably rather face any QB in the league rather than him. He can beat you in many ways. I hope Raheem studied a-lot of game tape and keeps those edge defenders disciplined (i highly doubt it-Byron Young was getting fooled by Joe Flacco all day)
I agree that I'd rather the Rams face any other QB than Lamar.
I'm still shellshocked from that Monday night game a few years back.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
Looks like its gonna be an absolute Gullywasher. Son and I will be behind the Rams Bench. Ticket prices dropping like a rock for this one.....

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What about having Wentz come in for the brotherly shoves in the mud at 4th and inches? And while I'm coaching, send in AD as the HB for the shove. It would make for must see TV!
My goodness! There are going to be 14MPH winds as well on Sunday.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Ravens are not a big pressure front. That's really what makes this game so interesting to me. But they are dominant in terms of making QBs look shitty. So Stafford not looking shitty is a requirement for us to win this game.

Way I see it Williams should play well. Rams have a very good run game with him in the backfield. It does change things but make no mistake we're gonna need Stafford to play like a great QB to win Sunday. And if we can somehow get a lead early on then that would help our defense a ton because they're up against it vs this Ravens offense.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ravens are not a big pressure front. That's really what makes this game so interesting to me. But they are dominant in terms of making QBs look shitty. So Stafford not looking shitty is a requirement for us to win this game.

Way I see it Williams should play well. Rams have a very good run game with him in the backfield. It does change things but make no mistake we're gonna need Stafford to play like a great QB to win Sunday. And if we can somehow get a lead early on then that would help our defense a ton because they're up against it vs this Ravens offense.
Merlin and I think we'll beat some Raven ass!

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
What about having Wentz come in for the brotherly shoves in the mud at 4th and inches? And while I'm coaching, send in AD as the HB for the shove. It would make for must see TV!
My goodness! There are going to be 14MPH winds as well on Sunday.
So, you saying, sideways rain??
At least it should be about 60°, I think....

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I'll wait until Sunday morning to look at the forecast.

I should have been a weatherman, one of the only jobs you can be consistently wrong and not get fired.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Ravens had good players every level---DL, LB, and secondary. Particularly strong safeties, ILbers and DTs... Clowney can be great or not. Van Noy is adequate and can always be threat to make a play.

Rams online and RB will have to play best game to even have a chance, IMO. This team shuts down passing game. Rams, in mud, have to run it and not give up. Ravens CAN stuff runs but it's not as crushing a run D as some teams Rams have face.

Passing? Patient, ball out quick.

This does not seem to be a good matchup for Rams on either side of the ball.

Ravens show a 2-high shell rotate right safety to MOF where he picks the pass, but wrong route or wrong read---causes it -- still good pressure

View: https://x.com/53_jim70721/status/1733260780823269692?s=20

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Goin to be a challenge as to when and where and IF Ravens bliz
Ravens eat QBs who aren't good at LOS threat recognition. In that regard I don't want to say I'm too confident, but I do expect Stafford to be sharp. He is of that level of experience where he should be able to anticipate and at the very least avoid the big mistakes.

But I'm more worried than anything else. That Ravens staff having an extra week of prep is gonna suck. It's hard to imagine us starting well, figure we'll need to quickly adjust.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Ravens eat QBs who aren't good at LOS threat recognition. In that regard I don't want to say I'm too confident, but I do expect Stafford to be sharp. He is of that level of experience where he should be able to anticipate and at the very least avoid the big mistakes.

But I'm more worried than anything else. That Ravens staff having an extra week of prep is gonna suck. It's hard to imagine us starting well, figure we'll need to quickly adjust.
I agree, Stafford will be ready, it's the line and RB that is more concerning. If they slide wrong way it can be a disaster. As long as the line communicates they can handle the blitzes when they come --- but just as important, know who they have when Ravens only send four or five. If you have 7 on LOS and the two DTs drop ... the line and RB have to pick up the four --- but sometimes that does not happen with teams. A lot of free runners even when sending just 5.

Stafford can reset the protection if there is overload to one side -- but will line do it right? Still some young guys there.

To me, it's just a difficult matchup.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Well I bit the bullet and signed up for NFL prime so I could at least listen to the games live for $7.99 plus tax per month.