PREGAME The Ravens up next - Pregame Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Haden

Kurt Warner for President
Name
Dave
I think Lamar is solid but over-rated. I don't view him as a top 5 QB. I would want Josh Allen, Tua, Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawrence, Mahommes, Herbert, Stafford, and maybe Goff and Purdy, over Lamar. That puts Lamar at about #10 in my book.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This defensive front isn't very good at containment. Lamar is probably going to run for a ton of first downs. That is the biggest threat with their offense vs our defense, in that we won't be able to get them off the field due to that and their physical line will wear us down.

Lamar also isn't a guy I consider to be a great passer, but he can put the ball anywhere on the field. So not blowing coverages while you're struggling to contain him is always a big focus. I'm of the mind our secondary plays with more discipline this year, though, so it would not surprise me if the back end does a good job. Think their TE is still out for them too, and if true that's a big problem we don't have to deal with.

Stuffing their ground game and containing Lamar will determine how we do on defense. And the offense can't just disappear. That's the other big worry for me in this game. Ravens defense is so hard on QBs that Stafford is going to have to keep that gunslinger personality of his in check. Don't force it when it's not there. Throw it away when you can. Play field position and get points when you're down there. Points are really hard to come by vs Baltimore.
We need to emphasize running the ball with Kyren. There is a 90% chance of rain at game time, last time I heard which will limit the passing game for both teams. Our Oline needs to enforce their will, with the WR's and TE's helping to block as well. Williams is a shifty little bastid and has excellent vision. Get the yards on the ground with a pass every once in a while to Puka/Kupp. Pretend that Chuck Knox 1.0 is grounding and pounding!

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
I think Lamar is solid but over-rated. I don't view him as a top 5 QB. I would want Josh Allen, Tua, Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawrence, Mahommes, Herbert, Stafford, and maybe Goff and Purdy, over Lamar. That puts Lamar at about #10 in my book.

I’m not taking Lawrence, Tua, Goff, and definitely not Purdy over Lamar but that’s just me…turnover machine Allen is debatable too(who I think is very overrated).

JBRam77

UDFA
Lamar is the freakiest athletic QB in the league probably ever (Maybe Vick?) but Lamar is much better in the pocket than people think… He’s like 18-1 vs NFC teams all-time.. I’d probably rather face any QB in the league rather than him. He can beat you in many ways. I hope Raheem studied a-lot of game tape and keeps those edge defenders disciplined (i highly doubt it-Byron Young was getting fooled by Joe Flacco all day)

Haden

Kurt Warner for President
Name
Dave
Lamar is the freakiest athletic QB in the league probably ever (Maybe Vick?) but Lamar is much better in the pocket than people think… He’s like 18-1 vs NFC teams all-time.. I’d probably rather face any QB in the league rather than him. He can beat you in many ways. I hope Raheem studied a-lot of game tape and keeps those edge defenders disciplined (i highly doubt it-Byron Young was getting fooled by Joe Flacco all day)

I think he is top 10, but not top 5. My knock on Lamar is that he disappears in the playoffs. I had the same knock on Peyton Manning. I never felt like Peyton was a top 10 guy all-time for that reason. He came up small in the playoffs. Lots disagree with me and I certainly respect that!

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I think he is top 10, but not top 5. My knock on Lamar is that he disappears in the playoffs. I had the same knock on Peyton Manning. I never felt like Peyton was a top 10 guy all-time for that reason. He came up small in the playoffs. Lots disagree with me and I certainly respect that!
Early on in Peyton's career but he finished with 4 SB appearances and two rings.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With the Steelers dropping 2 games to teams 8 games below .500 the Ravens may not be as assertive coming into the Rams game. They have some breathing room at 9-3 and at 9-4 they would still have top spot easily in the division. Lets hope they have their guard down.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
If we get the Offense going and consistently convert on 3rd down then we should be fine.

WestCoastRam

Legend
He's a very good pocket passer but people have just had narratives about him (for various reasons we don't need to get into) that dismiss this.

And he's been a good pocket passer for years with a team with no wide receivers and a play caller that would have pass catchers running into each other with his play calls and spacing.

Dude just does not get the credit.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I think most people would put him around 10 in QB rankings.

WestCoastRam

Legend
#1 thing the Rams need to do to win this game is make sure Mark Andrews gets injured... oh, wait...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I cant shake the feeling that the Rams are going to give them a game. All signs point towards a blowout loss, but I think they might win

0311rams

RomandeacondikersonwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Name
Madrid311
I'm afraid we come back down to earth after the raven's game. that's the most realistic outcome of course. but.........if it was meant to be this year for a great story, we will beat the Cravens and really give notice to the league, it will be the real deal. we could be that team this year! not likely but we could. GO rams.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
We need to continue calling quick pass plays and delayed screens to get Stafford into a rhythm. If keep trying to throw deep when there's a lot of pressure, we may get into a situation where Stafford feel like he has to make a play to get the offense going, and that's when the TOs start.