The Official Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
If you aren't concerned with how this team is playing just because it is preseason, you are in for a rude awakening. The preseason is a LOT more meaningful under the new agreement. Players just do not get enough reps anymore. Experience has a distinct advantage, and we have a very young, inexperienced roster. The team I have seen the last 2 weeks (the players that will most likely make the roster) could lose 12 freaking games this year. We are getting gashed out there. Bullied on both lines, and those are our supposed strength. Keep thinking these games are meaningless if you want to be an ostrich. Preseason is more important than ever nowadays IMO.
With no J.Long, Brockers, Saffold, Laurinaitis, Jenkins, etc.... did you expect this team to be lights out? With Roberson starting at CB? With Ray Ray starting at LB? With a brand new scheme that is as basic and plain as can be right now?

Look back in history the 16-0 patriots went 0-4 in preseason. They didn't look all that great either. And the 0-16 Lions went 4-0 in preseason and looked pretty solid.

While many of you will disagree, I remain unconcerned. I've seen worse..

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
With no J.Long, Brockers, Saffold, Laurinaitis, Jenkins, etc.... did you expect this team to be lights out? With Roberson starting at CB? With Ray Ray starting at LB? With a brand new scheme that is as basic and plain as can be right now?

Look back in history the 16-0 patriots went 0-4 in preseason. They didn't look all that great either. And the 0-16 Lions went 4-0 in preseason and looked pretty solid.

A resounding thumbs up, here. That's exactly right.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

And you too may be unfamiliar with the concept of this thread. Anyone is free to say whatever they want, make it seem as bad as they want to make it sound, and it's fair game in this thread. You're permitted to say, "Bradford is the worst thing to happen to this team, and Janoris Jenkins is the biggest bust I've seen outside of those 4 dudes on Mt Rushmore.

And it's fine.

Again. As long as it's in here.

I do like the no quoting rule proposed by @Rams and Gators too. That should be mandatory.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
And you too may be unfamiliar with the concept of this thread. Anyone is free to say whatever they want, make it seem as bad as they want to make it sound, and it's fair game in this thread. You're permitted to say, "Bradford is the worst thing to happen to this team, and Janoris Jenkins is the biggest bust I've seen outside of those 4 dudes on Mt Rushmore.

And it's fine.

I do like the no quoting rule proposed by @Rams and Gators too. That should be mandatory.

Here here. :p

That's fair game too - right? Heh heh.

I haven't been able to watch the game yet so I'm just here to be the village idiot. Is it working? :LOL:

RamWoodie

Legend
Nothing to vent! I'm happy with the young CBs and how they played. McDonald is going to be a very good safety.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
McDonald is going to be a very good safety.
Ray Ray isn't a safety.
th_HidingSmiley.gif

A55VA6

Legend

And it's fine.

No, I am very familiar with the concept of this thread. But I also have an opinion when someone says something like "if you aren't concerned, you're in for a rude awakening" or "Keep thinking these games are meaningless if you want to be an ostrich"... at that point, I have the right to respond because he is bringing us members into it.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Ray Ray McDonald jersey just showed up!!!
Never thought his jersey number 50/25 would fit but boy does it look good

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
No, I am very familiar with the concept of this thread. But I also have an opinion when someone says something like "if you aren't concerned, you're in for a rude awakening" or "Keep thinking these games are meaningless if you want to be an ostrich"... at that point, I have the right to respond because he is bringing us members into it.
Not really, man. I've known Faceplant since the beginning of this board and I know when he's venting. Have you seen him take shots at anyone outside of this thread ... ever? Because I haven't. Again, the purpose of this thread is to say whatever you want without persecution. If people are going to be offended by vents, then it's probably not a good idea to venture in. I'm sure you've said some things in the comfort of your own living room that you wouldn't say on this board. Think of it that way if it helps.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I just think we need to give Person and Hooey a small break. They're rooks and this is huge. They're playing in the NFL. I would be shaking. They are swimming. Fish & Snead saw something in these guys. Jus sayin'

To clarify, Person is in his 4th year. I thought he has played pretty well in the first two games. He definitely has shown versatility. Hooey, on the other hand, may have 2 games left in a RAMS uniform.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

Whoo! Gotta respect a good man who carries a big stick.

He's right, X. The guy involved us all.

I flamed harder than the Man's post, but he opened the door. Don't blame me for blowing it open and burning the house down, metaphorically speaking.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Whoo! Gotta respect a good man who carries a big stick.

He's right, X. The guy involved us all.

I flamed harder than the Man's post, but he opened the door. Don't blame me for blowing it open and burning the house down, metaphorically speaking.
I'm doing my best to explain the unique nature of this thread, but it's not working apparently. So let me reiterate. If you're going to be offended by rants or vents or explosive reactions, then don't read the thread. It's not a thread for debating or trying to make someone see the err of their ways. ESPECIALLY when they're in that frame of mind already. We're trying to offer a public service to mitigate the damage that could be caused on the board after a stinging loss. If someone has a better suggestion, then I'm sure the mods would love to hear it. But this isn't broke, so I'm not sure why there's an open repair order.

NukeRam

I test nuclear weapons
Name
Mike
Sorry, never heard of Person before. Just figured he was a rookie. My bad.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'm doing my best to explain the unique nature of this thread, but it's not working apparently. So let me reiterate. If you're going to be offended by rants or vents or explosive reactions, then don't read the thread. It's not a thread for debating or trying to make someone see the err of their ways. ESPECIALLY when they're in that frame of mind already. We're trying to offer a public service to mitigate the damage that could be caused on the board after a stinging loss. If someone has a better suggestion, then I'm sure the mods would love to hear it. But this isn't broke, so I'm not sure why there's an open repair order.

It's a beautul concept, really. It's meant to cool off the board instead of heat it up. Usually that's the case, but preseason allows much more interpretation than the regular season. It's all good.

I'm awaiting the "rude awakening." That's bold...

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I'm venting because the 49ers are trying to hog our suckiness and steal the limelight by being terrible on both offense and defense. Surely we are the worst team in the NFC West after 2 preseason games. Right? How dare they? :mad:

Manning completed 12-of-14 passes for 102 yards and the touchdown to Thomas on the first two Denver possessions, with the only real blemish coming at the end of the first drive when an awkward Manning scramble and incompletion forced them to settle for a field goal in the red zone. Otherwise, it was a very easy and very familiar 127 yards on 21 plays for the defending AFC champs.

The 49ers also moved the ball on their first two possessions, picking up five first downs, but both drives stalled before they got deep into Broncos territory. Colin Kaepernick left the game having completed 5-of-9 passes for 39 yards in a performance that saw Kaepernick check down to second or third options after finding nothing open down the field.
LINK