The Official Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I don't know about venting but there were a few concerns I had.

The first is that Ray Ray Armstrong does not seem ready. If we lose one of our starting LBs, we're in big trouble.

The second is that illegal formation penalty really ticked me off. Why? I sat there and watched Austin and Quick both line-up off the LOS next to each other. And then for the next 15 seconds, I waited for one of them or Bradford to figure it out. It's just a bone-headed penalty that has no place happening. One of those two needs to recognize it and fix the problem. While Sam has a million things going on, I also would have really been impressed if he had seen it and let them know.

The third is that Tavon doesn't seem to be all the way there in terms of knowing the scheme. On his 3rd down catch, Bradford called for him to motion and Austin didn't pick it up. It took Bradford, after his third time stomping his foot, looking at Austin and telling him to go in motion for Austin to remember. While it seems minor, that's something to be concerned about. Our young WRs need to be more aware out there. I feel like that's one area where Bailey shines so we'll miss him in that regard.

The fourth is the first unit tackling of Lacy was poor. Not having Laurinaitis out there really shows.

The fifth and final observation...god help us if Person is starting. He looked completely out-matched today. Him and Wells did not do a good job as run blockers.
Seeing him, I got to thinking how long it took for me to learn Spanish....And then to speak it fluently....Maybe another 3 year project thingy.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
With all the young players and a new defensive system the Vanilla needs to go away. They need to gameplan it and play like it's the reg. season. The other teams have a book on Williams understanding he puts wrinkles into everything. They know Schotty isn't splitting atoms.
If it was vet team that can turn it on game one that's fine. But with a bunch of young players it might take to the bye for the team to get rolling.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I just think we need to give Person and Hooey a small break. They're rooks and this is huge. They're playing in the NFL. I would be shaking. They are swimming. Fish & Snead saw something in these guys. Jus sayin'
Hooey's not a rookie, but I feel ya

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Lets see Rams lost to the 2013 NFC's North divisional champs and lost last week to a NFC 11 wins Saints team who went into the divisional playoff rounds.....wondering here which NFL team is one of the youngest?

lockdnram21

Legend
Bradford played great

Receivers caught the ball

Robinson looked decent at LT only going to get better

I know it's early but think we finally are good at receiver.

Westbrook looked real good. Sam looked good to.

We miss Long and Safford

As of right now I would keep Roberson over Woodard or Mcgee.

Reid looked decent.

Cody Davis had a real good game I have to admit. He surprised me

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Both lines were man handled and thats now two games in a row of that. I know its preseason but I hate hate hate the off man soft zone coverage, it drives me insane. I dont understand why you wouldnt practice tight bump and run coverage when it doesnt matter. If they get beat deep so what, no need to play it safe. Don't get me started on my whipping boy Hooey...

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
With only the dress rehearsal left before the Rams gear up to face Adrian Peterson, Doug Martin, DeMarco Murray and LeSean McCoy before thing get REALLY rough, I still don't know if this run defense is even close to ready.

fancents86

Starter
I know we're supposedly playing "vanilla", but that was said last year as well, and I see the same probs in this preseason that we had in the regular season last year. Minus our back ups on secondary are good. If we are is talented as we have been hyped up to be this season, I don't see how we can be getting beat so bad by other teams who are or logically should be playing just as vanilla? I hope this is just a master plan to make teams think that we have not got passed our problems from last season.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I thought our lines got manhandled.Bayer really doesn't like to block, Tre Mason either..Really disappointing performances....Not sure exactly who was worse...And I really liked Westbrook. Roberson. Reid. Hope they can make the team....Hope so... And my man TJ McDonald, really think he'll bust out...and YES, he can handle the deep middle...YES HE CAN! I think Mo Alexander took a step in the right direction. I thought McLeod took a step back. McGee still doesn't look comfortable. Joyner is gonna have rookie moments. I'd still rather see JJ on those slot wrs...Oh well....Poor Pead...Well, at least he'll get one more year. Bet the Snisher draft a scat-back in 2015. Linebackers look a lil lost. I saw a lil of Tree, but Jo Lon & Armstrong...sheesh. Don't know when Bates & Steward are gonna play. Don't...What's that, you say they were in there? When..What quarter? Cody Davis.....Janis runs a 4.4...Cody...he musta had on magic shoes for his pro day.
I liked what I saw outta Schotty & Sam...Leads me to my last rant, what if it takes this defense 3 years to "get it"? Why practice off coverage so much, if you plan on playing a lil tighter? Did I say how much I liked Westbrooks? One play, I saw Rodgers rolling/scrambling and it looked like the D-Line was jogging after him...I guess no huddle is a good thing to work on if the opponent has a good d-line. That's good to know...And maybe we'd like to practice a lil of it ourselves....I mean, it is preseason.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I can't knock the defense for how they played. They come in without Michael Brockers (key in stopping the run), Janoris Jenkins (better than McGee), and James Laurinaitis (the core of our unit) against a fully stocked Green Bay offense lead by one of the top 3 QBs in the NFL by anyone's standards. Couple that with Greg Williams keeping it basic and you are left with burnt toast. Williams is right to hold out on scheming because you wanted to have an element of mystery in your defensive approach, not give the other teams a means to find a way to beat you.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
It's a preseason game. No need to vent. Just saying. I saw some good things and bad things today. Won't go into details. But all in all, I have hope for the upcoming season. Just wish we had Stedman for all games.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
I can't knock the defense for how they played. They come in without Michael Brockers (key in stopping the run), Janoris Jenkins (better than McGee), and James Laurinaitis (the core of our unit) against a fully stocked Green Bay offense lead by one of the top 3 QBs in the NFL by anyone's standards. Couple that with Greg Williams keeping it basic and you are left with burnt toast. Williams is right to hold out on scheming because you wanted to have an element of mystery in your defensive approach, not give the other teams a means to find a way to beat you.

Just saying I think Gaines would have been better than McGee. But yes, yes... It was a vanillia defense. Keep that in mind people.

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
Seeing him, I got to thinking how long it took for me to learn Spanish....And then to speak it fluently....Maybe another 3 year project thingy.
Yeah, I reckon it will be year 3 before he is consistent, he had a year out of football, changed positions and is in a new scheme.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Just saying I think Gaines would have been better than McGee. But yes, yes... It was a vanillia defense. Keep that in mind people.

I agree, Gaines has been much more impressive even as a rookie than McGee. Any idea why they held him out of this game though?

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I thought our lines got manhandled.Bayer really doesn't like to block, Tre Mason either..Really disappointing performances....Not sure exactly who was worse...And I really liked Westbrook. Roberson. Reid. Hope they can make the team....Hope so... And my man TJ McDonald, really think he'll bust out...and YES, he can handle the deep middle...YES HE CAN! I think Mo Alexander took a step in the right direction. I thought McLeod took a step back. McGee still doesn't look comfortable. Joyner is gonna have rookie moments. I'd still rather see JJ on those slot wrs...Oh well....Poor Pead...Well, at least he'll get one more year. Bet the Snisher draft a scat-back in 2015. Linebackers look a lil lost. I saw a lil of Tree, but Jo Lon & Armstrong...sheesh. Don't know when Bates & Steward are gonna play. Don't...What's that, you say they were in there? When..What quarter? Cody Davis.....Janis runs a 4.4...Cody...he musta had on magic shoes for his pro day.
I liked what I saw outta Schotty & Sam...Leads me to my last rant, what if it takes this defense 3 years to "get it"? Why practice off coverage so much, if you plan on playing a lil tighter? Did I say how much I liked Westbrooks? One play, I saw Rodgers rolling/scrambling and it looked like the D-Line was jogging after him...I guess no huddle is a good thing to work on if the opponent has a good d-line. That's good to know...And maybe we'd like to practice a lil of it ourselves....I mean, it is preseason.

If you are referring to the Janis TD, Cody Davis wasn't the guy chasing hm. That would have been Christian Bryant. Cody Davis has one of his best games yet. And was one of the more consistent DBs on the field tonight. Also thought Alexander stopped thinking so much, and just played. Much better tonight than last week, and most of his camp this far.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
If you are referring to the Janis TD, Cody Davis wasn't the guy chasing hm. That would have been Christian Bryant. Cody Davis has one of his best games yet. And was one of the more consistent DBs on the field tonight. Also thought Alexander stopped thinking so much, and just played. Much better tonight than last week, and most of his camp this far.
No, no it wasn't meant to read like he was involved in that play...I wasn't sure who missed the pass off, The corner let Janis go, and he just crossed freely..and the db(Bryant)..No, I was expecting more on his fumble recovery...I actually can't say much about Davis tonight...He tackled...One of the most important skills a safety can do...

ausmurp

Starter
We have no depth and that will hurt us in the regular season.

Our pass D is terrible. Vanilla or not, the Seahawks are destroying teams with vanilla. Are they really that good? Are their backups better than our starters (possible)??? We are in trouble here. I'm pretty sure all 3 GB QBs have ratings over 100...wtf.

How on earth, could we not run block. Starters and backups. Isn't run blocking the easiest thing for OL? Don't we practice it a ton? Isn't it the one thing we did good last yr?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
My ex-girlfriend (Casey Phillips) ;) interviewed Kenny Britt on the sidelines in the 2nd half and didn't ask him about his shoulder and what the issue was with it. Come on Casey, pick up your game....your cuteness will only get you so far.
I have to ask.
Who's your new girlfriend?;)