The Official Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I was very happy with Bradford.
He missed on a couple deep balls, but that doesn't worry me. His deep ball will be fine.
What really impressed me, was that he didn't wait for wr's to get open. He stuck the ball down the field right where it needed to be in TIGHT coverage.
This, was the last part of Sam's game that needed work.
Our qb is ready and hungry.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
- What was Greg Williams doing playing A. Donald at Nose Tackle and Langford at the 3-Tech ? Donald was double teamed on almost every play by the Center and Left Guard of the Packers first 2 series. The D-tackles were nuetralized.

- Tre Mason is going to get one of the Ram's QB's killed. He gave up 2 sacks today.
Welcome 8to12.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Seeing our cbs basically playing the safety position boggles my mind even in preseason. How the hell do we consistently play 8yds off the Los when it is 3rd and 5 and the team always converts. Then on offense when we are in the same predicament the other teams cbs play press coverage and we hardly ever convert. That's why we lost probably 3 or 4 games last year. I can't live through another season seeing us getting dinked and dunk 80 yds down the field anymore.... I cant

RamsesIII

UDFA
Very happy with Bradford's comeback. That's the major thing. Nice to see the receivers doing better. Not too concerned about the rest: we know we have a good defense; we know we can run the ball. I expect all that to work out.

Read that neither team blitzed when the starting QBs were playing. Is that by agreement, you think?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Very happy with Bradford's comeback. That's the major thing. Nice to see the receivers doing better. Not too concerned about the rest: we know we have a good defense; we know we can run the ball. I expect all that to work out.

Read that neither team blitzed when the starting QBs were playing. Is that by agreement, you think?
I saw a few blitzes. No zero blitzes or anything, but a couple of corner blitzes and C gaps.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Sean Hill throws too many moon shots. With that hang time he is going to have trouble completing anything past 15 yards. I hope he doesn't need to throw any passes this year.

Whooey?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Well I have a different take on the game,first we're not gonna be facing Aaron Rogers every week so I think we'll honor the run more against other QB's.

I am glad our defense is going to have to work hard for the next three weeks and we didn't scheme making players look good and just let them play and show us what THEY have, all the puffing our D has gotten has had me worried they would not live up to it and a little humility now could pay off later.

You could see Williams doing a slow burn on the sidelines ,not saying much,he has three weeks ,I think we work out the kinks and GOD knows we better cuz we have AP first game.

Sam looked great confident in himself and his guys,I think we have something a lot moire than a game manager .

Thought this was the best Laurinitis has looked since he was drafted. God help us if he ever misses a game in his life time.
If we lose our two best, but most injury prone OL we're going to suck.

But the thing that actually did annoy me: have we ever defended a pass since Fisher got here? I get it vanilla blah blah, but that's the exact same crap we saw last year. Either get it fixed or we're going to have another losing season.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm pissed! Spagnuolo needs to go - and I mean NOW!!!

cracengl

Rookie
The biggest thing for me was the defense giving up a touchdown on the first possession and the offense stalling and not answering. That seems all too common for the Rams and makes it too common to be playing catch up.

As for the second offensive series, it would have been nice to run the ball better (an all game problem) but it was still pretty sweet. Sam seemed to be more willing to fit the ball in tighter windows--perhaps because of better confidence in the receivers. I thought Sam played with a bit more confidence than I've seen. And Quick definitely has a swagger. His body language seems much better. But success like he had will do that for you.

Philly5

Rookie
Most teams keep things 'vanilla' in the preseason, but still manage to get stops or score points at times. Are we still overmatched talent wise and that reliant on schemes?

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Free E.J. Gaines!