The Official Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
If you aren't concerned with how this team is playing just because it is preseason, you are in for a rude awakening. The preseason is a LOT more meaningful under the new agreement. Players just do not get enough reps anymore. Experience has a distinct advantage, and we have a very young, inexperienced roster. The team I have seen the last 2 weeks (the players that will most likely make the roster) could lose 12 fucking games this year. We are getting gashed out there. Bullied on both lines, and those are our supposed strength. Keep thinking these games are meaningless if you want to be an ostrich. Preseason is more important than ever nowadays IMO.

Can't believe how badly we struggled to run the ball. It was like we were playing second string OGs at both spots, what the fuck was that all about.

And giving up 2 positive run plays in the first half. 2...2 :mad: it's like we somehow want to give up over 3.8 yards per attempt FFS :mad:.

And don't get me started on Bradford, news flash when a receiver is open don't throw the ball out of bounds. Come on man.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
If you aren't concerned with how this team is playing just because it is preseason, you are in for a rude awakening. The preseason is a LOT more meaningful under the new agreement. Players just do not get enough reps anymore. Experience has a distinct advantage, and we have a very young, inexperienced roster. The team I have seen the last 2 weeks (the players that will most likely make the roster) could lose 12 freaking games this year. We are getting gashed out there. Bullied on both lines, and those are our supposed strength. Keep thinking these games are meaningless if you want to be an ostrich. Preseason is more important than ever nowadays IMO.

OK, you're saying I'm in for a rude awakening. And I tell you I am NOT concerned with how the team is playing because it IS preseason. You didn't quote me, though, so it was an indirect way of saying it. I respect that.

Why? Because I beleive in our coaching and players that didn't play.

-The OL couldn't run block, Im only truly happy they pass blocked well. That's all that mattered because it was Sam's first game back in a game that means 100% nothing on how this team is remembered in 2014. Nothing!

-Why do I need to stress our defense played basic and soft? If this was a real game, Aaron would have still done well because he's a great QB. However, he would have ate some turf in the process. He would have felt pain. How much pressure did we really bring? Exactly. Rogers got a pass because our coaches just wanted to line up and play. Where's the disconnect? I don't get it...

-Don't even try to feed the "preseason is more important than ever" line. Yeah right, I remembe our starters dominating under Spags in preseason. When the games counted, we sucked. No... heck no. There's so many things you don't see in preseason. That's why you take everything you do see with a big grain of salt. Everything! For example, how would have the OL fared with Long and Saffold in? I'd say pretty darn good. But we don't know, so you condemn nothing.

Just announce you don't like the direction this team is heading, based off of preseason, and I'll accept you don't know what you're talking about.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
My ex-girlfriend (Casey Phillips) ;) interviewed Kenny Britt on the sidelines in the 2nd half and didn't ask him about his shoulder and what the issue was with it. Come on Casey, pick up your game....your cuteness will only get you so far.
I did notice the ice pack was off at that point ... good sign.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I heard one of the announcers comment on how Barksdale had a "Tell'. During the game every time it was a run play he would 'Tap his helmet', I'm sure if this is true the other team noticed it to! I hope someone clues him in about it!!

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Offensive line WTF?? if thats what a makeshift line is gonna look like if we have a few injuries then we're toast. Westbrooks being a beast outplaying Sam the last two preseason games but yet Sam gets the single sack highlight on ESPN. popularity contest bullshit. bigger story should be why's a UDFA making this SEC top dog look like a puppy. If Westbrooks keeps playing this way he easily beats out Sam. And I would definitely hope Fisher keeps his word and may the best man win and not bend toward the bigger name when it comes to making cuts.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
OK, you're saying I'm in for a rude awakening. And I tell you I am NOT concerned with how the team is playing because it IS preseason. You didn't quote me, though, so it was an indirect way of saying it. I respect that.

-The OL couldn't run block, Im only truly happy they pass blocked well. That's all that mattered because it was Sam's first game back in a game that means 100% nothing on how this team is remembered in 2014. Nothing!

-Why do I need to stress our defense played basic and soft? If this was a real game, Aaron would have still done well because he's a great QB. However, he would have ate some turf in the process. He would have felt pain. How much pressure did we really bring? Exactly. Rogers got a pass because our coaches just wanted to line up and play. Where's the disconnect? I don't get it...

-Don't even try to feed the "preseason is more important than ever" line. Yeah right, I remembe our starters dominating under Spags in preseason. When the games counted, we sucked. No... heck no. There's so many things you don't see in preseason. That's why you take everything you do see with a big grain of salt. Everything! For example, how would have the OL fared with Long and Saffold in? I'd say pretty darn good. But we don't know, so you condemn nothing.

Just announce you don't like the direction this team is heading, based off of preseason, and I'll accept you don't know what you're talking about.
Ok, so let me get this straight. You just came into a "vent" thread and ripped me for venting? Brilliant. Hope you're proud of yourself ace.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
To say that at least the pass protection was good is a huuuuuuge reach. Bradford was protected, and not even all that well. Run blocking was terrible, but pass blocking was pretty shit too.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Ok, so let me get this straight. You just came into a "vent" thread and ripped me for venting? Brilliant. Hope you're proud of yourself ace.

My brother, I just want you to know I care about the mental state of my Ram brothers. If you were were to beleive in the manner I see this team, you would now see the GB game was nothing more than a stepping stone for for Bradford coming back off of the ACL and valuable reps for the young guys.

We won big in my book. I just want you to grasp and embrace in the manner for which I beleive.

You're a big time Rams fan, man. Anyone who posts on ROD is. I just want you to see how things truly are. I'd give you a beer right now and talk football. Don't hate me for it, I just love this team. I do my best to be realistic. If we're realistically bad, then my hats off to you for picking up on it before me. That's very impressive in all. I just don't beleive we're the team you saw. I think we're much more. Time will tell, my friend. :)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

You're probably unfamiliar with the concept of this thread. We do this every year for therapeutic reasons, and after every game (unless we blow someone out).

The idea is to let people freak out for a day with no repercussions, and then get back to talking rationally and objectively about things. People can say whatever they want in these threads whether they mean it or not, and the unwritten rule is to not hold it against them.

Sometimes we fly off the handle one day and then completely change our tune the following week. It's all good as long as it's in here. Everything and everyone (sans posters) is fair game.

We SUCKED yesterday.

Now talk to me tomorrow. :shades:

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Besides the CBs playing centerfield another area of concern THAT WILL translate over to the regular season is tackling the RBs. Our starter in D have consistently missed, whiffed, and gotten ran over by any RB that has lined up against us so far. And u can't fix tackling with a different scheme

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
-My only real concern was the fact that we couldn't run the ball worth a shit. Even short two starters, running the ball is about attitude and our guys failed miserably.
-Barksdale tipping his cap on run plays? If true...why the Hell would he do that?
-Torry Holt. Can't listen to him. Sorry.
-I feel bad for Pead. I don't think he was going to make the team anyway, but he might have scored a TD on that return. Shitty luck and i wish him the best.
-Why start Robinson at LT/Persons at LG to cover Bradford's blind side in his first game back vs Julius Peppers? We're lucky that Bradford's first "hit" didn't put him out. If you're going to toy around with the left side then do it when Sean Hill is in there!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I heard one of the announcers comment on how Barksdale had a "Tell'. During the game every time it was a run play he would 'Tap his helmet', I'm sure if this is true the other team noticed it to! I hope someone clues him in about it!!

That was Marshall Faulk. What's scary is that an announcer has to point it out.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Yeah. If true, that's not good.
Brown use to nod before the snap, letting the defense know the count. Drove me nuts

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
You're probably unfamiliar with the concept of this thread. We do this every year for therapeutic reasons, and after every game (unless we blow someone out).

The idea is to let people freak out for a day with no repercussions, and then get back to talking rationally and objectively about things. People can say whatever they want in these threads whether they mean it or not, and the unwritten rule is to not hold it against them.

Sometimes we fly off the handle one day and then completely change our tune the following week. It's all good as long as it's in here. Everything and everyone (sans posters) is fair game.

We SUCKED yesterday.

Now talk to me tomorrow. :shades:

B)