The Official Vent Thread; Giants at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams0307

OBJ just kicked our asses all over the field. For an entire defense to lose it's sh*t because of one player is unacceptable. And the fact that EJ Gaines took the brunt of it because TJ McDonald wanted to KO OBJ is a bitter pill to swallow. I hope Gaines is back next week. The rest of our defense deserved everything it got today...

WoodsideRam

Rookie
You can't win anything if you are an undisciplined football team. And with Fisher at the helm, that seems to be his style.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Welp, this is a Jeff Fisher team. Instead of playing with pride, they've resorted to playing dirty. Add in Gregg Williams and this unit is everything I can't stand.

Pretty much have no hope and I don't even want to bother going down the laundry list of issues.

Athos

Legend
I don't get the Schotty hate today. The offense actually played well and overall this season, they've overachieved IMO. I'm done blaming Schotty. This O has been better than they should be.

Just lumping them all together at this point. It was a catch-al of being tired with this regime in general.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
Undisciplined - it cost us the game. Week in and out, we can't get the job done. Time to bounce back

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
How do we not call more run plays to Mason? HOW do we not!?!? This is the same problem all season long, abandoning the run and putting the game in Hill or Davis's hands? I'm not sure Fisher and Schotty need to be here next year.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Didn't see the game(first one i've missed all year i think).
13 carries for Mason? Destroyed again in TOP....go figure.
3 turnovers
Defense? What happened?

Horrible loss. Maybe some overconfidence? Dunno. Shitty loss.

moklerman

Warner-phile
How do we not call more run plays to Mason? HOW do we not!?!? This is the same problem all season long, abandoning the run and putting the game in Hill or Davis's hands? I'm not sure Fisher and Schotty need to be here next year.
Not only that, why was there only...what, one sweep called? Mason has the speed to get outside and the interior line does not have the ability to get any push.

But hey, we ran that awesome WR sweep to Austin a few times since no one has ever seen it or expects it.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Hey-hey-hey! All you people jumping all over Scott Wells this week are being entirely unfair--it's not like he snapped the ball into his own butt like last week(or was it the week before).

He's working on it.

Sometimes it even gets to the quarterback.

At least the guy can block....er....I mean....at least he makes the rest of the O-line better...er....I mean...well....

Would you rather have Hill snapping it to himself?

Okay--forget Scott Wells.

Trumaine Johnson--now there's a player. There's a player who looked like he'd taken some Ambien and then tried to cover an NFL wide receiver.

The Rams defense may have gotten torched for over 500 yards but they will not be out smack talked by anyone....you can bet there will be some hurt feelings on that Giant's plane ride home---they just may not notice it over the laughter and champagne.

Awful.

Just awful.

Just when you think this team is starting to climb out of the pit of NFL dregs....they let go and fall right back in.

Alan

Legend
Rams0307 talking about a different game than the one I saw:
OBJ just kicked our asses all over the field. For an entire defense to lose it's sh*t because of one player is unacceptable. And the fact that EJ Gaines took the brunt of it because TJ McDonald wanted to KO OBJ is a bitter pill to swallow.
It's a tuff loss that's for sure.

Our defense was playing horribly before Gaines went out. I'm not sure what you think Gaines is taking the "brunt of" about. McDonald was merely doing what we all want him to do and an accident happened.

We couldn't stop the run and our pass D was nonexistent. STs sucked too. Of all the units I saw out on the field today, the offense was the best.

That's the game I saw.

Win1-4Ned

Rookie
Too many of the Rams played like they were entitled. They didn't believe a rookie could beat them and thought that he'd be scared just to be on the same field as them. When OBJ torched them and things didn't go by the script then it seemed to get personal because he owned the secondary. Whether that's how it really happened, or just dramatic license too many players looked like the off-season started for them two Thursdays ago.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Things aren't getting fixed by the coaches. Players are frustrated.

The wheels are beginning to fall off. Front office, coaching staff and low character players... (head shake)...

No QB saves this team without overhaul of OL.

End of rant.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If the Rams were out coached and out played last week this week they were outclassed! Really makes you admire a Coach like Tom Coughlin big difference on how his team conducts themselves.

Here's a novel concept if you want to stop a guy from celebrating keep him out of the damn end zone! Alec Olgetree was a disgrace today and should have been ejected! That move was punk ass.

ram007

Starter
52-0 and 26-0 didn't help like I thought it would. Success went to their heads i guess

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Hey-hey-hey! All you people jumping all over Scott Wells this week are being entirely unfair--it's not like he snapped the ball into his own butt like last week(or was it the week before).

He's working on it.

Sometimes it even gets to the quarterback.

At least the guy can block....er....I mean....at least he makes the rest of the O-line better...er....I mean...well....

Would you rather have Hill snapping it to himself?

Okay--forget Scott Wells.

Trumaine Johnson--now there's a player. There's a player who looked like he'd taken some Ambien and then tried to cover an NFL wide receiver.

The Rams defense may have gotten torched for over 500 yards but they will not be out smack talked by anyone....you can bet there will be some hurt feelings on that Giant's plane ride home---they just may not notice it over the laughter and champagne.

Awful.

Just awful.

Just when you think this team is starting to climb out of the pit of NFL dregs....they let go and fall right back in.

Thank you for the levity. Takes the sting away.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
It must have been when Josh brown jumped on top of the pile.

No, he was standing up and kicked his leg backwards catching one of our players. He should have been ejected for that.

No QB saves this team without overhaul of OL.

Truth. That's why I do an eye roll every time I see another thread on which QB we should select in the draft. Why subject another QB to this mess? Do we really believe another QB will magically get away from the constant pressure, play lights out and lead us to the playoffs?

I normally agree with the BPA thinking in the first round of the draft. Not this time. Get a center and a guard in that order. I snickered when the Cowboys took C Travis Frederick as their first pick because centers usually go in the later rounds. How did that work out for them? Give just about any QB time in the pocket and magical things will happen.

What's scary about Wells and Joseph as starters is that there are only two possibilities:

1) their replacements are worse than them
2) the coaches don't know what they're doing

I'm pretty certain the first possibility is correct.

Sam Bradford starting behind that same O-line next season would seriously cause me to rethink watching anymore Rams games. Why? Because I'm neither a sadist or a masochist by nature.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
And his sidekick Joseph too while your at! Humor me Jeff can Barnes or God forbid Barrett Jones be truly any worse? I once was an advocate for Wells so may God have mercy on my soul!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
It's so bad, I wanna start a petition on change.org...