The Official Vent Thread; Giants at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
I was at a wedding today so I didn't get to watch the game. Really thought we would win today. Skimming through posts I keep seeing talk of dirty play and excessive crap talk by our boys (and theirs) what's up with that? Also saw on Facebook a post and video of Tre Mason mocking Victor Cruz's injury after his td, hate seeing that stuff. Sounds like wells and Joseph had another beautiful game today. It's going to be a long week dealing with Hawks fans.... But I can't help but be punped for that game go Rams.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I have been done with him for about 6 weeks so I am well beyond the 24 hour cooling off period. The first time he did not realize the QB did not have his hands on his butt I was done with him. Can he play guard better than Joseph? Because I have been done with Joseph longer than Wells. How shitty are the rest of these guys? I trust Coach Bou but MY GOD what does it take to get benched on this team????

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Consistent theme: Scott Wells and Davin Joseph are the worst players on the field for the rams. Why are they still starting?
Ask X :)

Three years in the making and this is the OL the Rams have? A rookie LT who is not playing very well, a Center, RG, and yes RT that are as porous as a 5-inch sieve. Wells and Joseph should not even be playing and Barksdale is close behind. I am getting worried about Robinson. For the second pick in the draft I expect more then "an exceptional athlete."
The missed assignments in the secondary are also becoming all too common.

The Rams are going to get slaughtered next week.

Last edited:

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I got no complaints, really. I enjoyed the last home game of 2014 very much.

Hill Played like Hill
Joseph played like Joseph
Wells freaked up more than usual
Defense didn't shut down the run but actually had to defend the receivers this week.

Still and QB away and gotta upgrade the interior.

The brawl happened right in front of me, it was intense. I thought it was gonna escolate all the way up into the crowd. The camera caught almost nothing compared to what really happened. The crowd was electric after that.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Once the games start Fisher has no control. He lets the players continue to play on emotion. Not always a good thing...out of control. GW and BS seem locked in to what they did from the first snap, regardless whether it is working or not. Extra days off didn't seem to help the Rams at all.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I think this game is exactly what was needed going into the offseason. The Rams were getting way too complacent about a lot of things and seemed to be buying the hype of just being a QB away from the playoffs. The offseason list isn't just QB and OL. Lots more was exposed. Dunbar's whiff on 3rd and 1 is a painful reminder that the LB situation is a joke. When Gaines went out the whole secondary crumbled. The "real" McCleod came back, responsible for his own obvious mistakes and a lot of the blown deep coverages, and Barron was just embarrassing trying to play the deep coverage. The Rams must get a real free safety if Joyner's not the answer. And Tru with the game on the line and the entire world knowing the guy is gonna run a slant just sits there with no inside-out technique? Turrible. There was no sync between the front 7 and the secondary and GW just mindlessly kept calling blitzes that were getting no pressure and no coverage. They disintegrated into a bunch of individuals with their own agendas instead of a team, where was C.Long, or JL, or any leader stepping up?

So yeah, no more "hey if only they didn't start the season slow" talk. The Rams are right back to they were when they were 1-4. That's the starting point to improve over the offseason, and they better be playing like a playoff team game 1 of next year, no more do-over seasons.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Please don't. This is a vent thread. I was at the game - the only game I could afford this year - and I stayed until it ended. I have every right to vent my feelings.
Please don't what? Be realistic?

You have every right to vent your feelings. I have every right to respond to it so long as I'm not personally insulting you or calling Rams players names.

I understand such a loss makes you sick. It makes me sick too. And I also struggle to figure out just why those two are still playing.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I think this game is exactly what was needed going into the offseason. The Rams were getting way too complacent about a lot of things and seemed to be buying the hype of just being a QB away from the playoffs. The offseason list isn't just QB and OL. Lots more was exposed. Dunbar's whiff on 3rd and 1 is a painful reminder that the LB situation is a joke. When Gaines went out the whole secondary crumbled. The "real" McCleod came back, responsible for his own obvious mistakes and a lot of the blown deep coverages, and Barron was just embarrassing trying to play the deep coverage. The Rams must get a real free safety if Joyner's not the answer. And Tru with the game on the line and the entire world knowing the guy is gonna run a slant just sits there with no inside-out technique? Turrible. There was no sync between the front 7 and the secondary and GW just mindlessly kept calling blitzes that were getting no pressure and no coverage. They disintegrated into a bunch of individuals with their own agendas instead of a team, where was C.Long, or JL, or any leader stepping up?

So yeah, no more "hey if only they didn't start the season slow" talk. The Rams are right back to they were when they were 1-4. That's the starting point to improve over the offseason, and they better be playing like a playoff team game 1 of next year, no more do-over seasons.
Slow starts and bad finishes are the mark of a bad team. We're better than the pre-Fisher days but we had nowhere to go but up. I can't say we're better than we were two years ago. And that is disappointing. ?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
For the last 10 years, I've been over-hyping our players knowing deep down they weren't as good as i thought. This year was different. I believe we have the talent. We're a QB and a few OL's away... That's doable!

Am I wrong? I'm sick of this type of loss.
Agreed! It seems like, in each loss, it comes down to just a couple of plays, Takeaway two catches by "Big Mouth" Bechman and we win!

Hell of a block by Bates. Jumped over the center and then blocked it.
If your referring to when the Ram player, who jumped over the line and blocked the Kick, are you sure that was Bates!? I thought it was another player!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
If your referring to when the Ram player, who jumped over the line and blocked the Kick, are you sure that was Bates!? I thought it was another player!

It was Bates. Saw the number myself. And it was a very impressive play.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think we have to ask a question that we may not want to hear the answer. Is it possible we're not as as good as we thought? Maybe we still have a long way to be a playoff contender?

The last two games did not look like a team that is on the cusp of ascending. In fact, its likely our record will say we're worse than Fisher's first two seasons.
This is the most confounding part to me.

Talent, unrealized = potential.

The Rams have increased their potential significantly since Fisher and Snead arrived.

But potential isn't enough. It's got to be translated into actual talent.

And, to me, talent is when you can execute at a high level on a consistent basis.

These Rams do not.

So, to me, it's still potential... and that is resulting in sub-.500 seasons.

And, it's extremely frustrating.

Because potential can show up at any time and produce remarkable rersults.... like silencing Peyton Manning, beating Seattle, etc.

But, over the long haul, it's just not enough.

So, I don't know what we have in this team. Because I see lots of potential, but not sure about talent - as I define it.

Why isn't the potential turning into actual talent? I'll let others decide (I have my own ideas).

The Rams have a lot to prove next Sunday.

And there is much work to be done during the off season.

Color me concerned.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Didn't see the game(first one i've missed all year i think).
13 carries for Mason? Destroyed again in TOP....go figure.
3 turnovers
Defense? What happened?

Horrible loss. Maybe some overconfidence? Dunno. crappy loss.
You Missed the Brawl!?! No wonder we lost the Fight!!!:eek:(n);)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
What is it like one bad snap per game? We were already going to lose, but that is completely unacceptable.

And it sure seems like most of the pressure comes from the middle-right side of the offensive line.
With over 2 minutes to go, and given our field position, we could have made a game of it had Wells not 'thrown-the-ball-away!' But you absolutely right about were the pressure seems to come from!!

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
The Rams are totally undisciplined. Their game plan was to get Beckham out of the game with cheap shots. When it didn't work, the Rams folded. He was too good for the "I can't breathe gang" The Rams have loyal fans but if I were one of them I would wear a tee shirt that said, "I can't watch."

GO FUCK YOURSELF (y)

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Today was Eli vs Shaun. It wasn't as even close. Eli is so much better it ain't even funny. If it was Bradford vs Eli... hell yes.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I've been in attendance for two games this season and we got our asses handed to us in both of them.

Bullshit.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
The Rams are totally undisciplined. Their game plan was to get Beckham out of the game with cheap shots. When it didn't work, the Rams folded. He was too good for the "I can't breathe gang" The Rams have loyal fans but if I were one of them I would wear a tee shirt that said, "I can't watch."
Oh goodie... another non Rams fan coming here to bash.

I wonder if this one is going to threaten us with his SEAL Team friends too...