The Official Vent Thread; Giants at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Scott Wells and Davin Joseph need to be cut today.

And also, I've lost all of the respect I ever had for Odell Beckham Jr. Tremendous talent...but a fucking douchebag. I don't blame the defense for wanting to take a killshot on him; I'd have done the same fucking thing.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I say cut Wells and run him the fuck out of Missouri.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
As far as Wells and Joseph go, there already is precedent that the Coaches don't know what they are doing. That would be the first few weeks of the season when Joseph was starting over Robinson. The second that Robinson got a chance he proved he was 10x the player that Joseph was. This staff loves veterans, and has obvious blind spots for "their guys". I don't believe there is a worse starting player in the NFL than Scott Wells. If there is, his name is Davin Joseph!

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
My son asked why the Rams don't go shotgun more often and I told him that it was because;
A: Our veteran center can't long snap for shit and,
B: Our veteran center can't keep track of when we are in shotgun or under center, even though you'd think that he could tell when someone's hands are touching his but and they yelling right into his ear!

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
What is it like one bad snap per game? We were already going to lose, but that is completely unacceptable.

And it sure seems like most of the pressure comes from the middle-right side of the offensive line.

RamDynasty

UDFA
ANYBODY but Wells at center. He gets pushed around like Freshman meat squad against Varsity.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
A lot of folks are bashing Wells and Joseph, and I suppose they deserve it.

But this game was lost on defense, plain and simple. Rush defense was for the most part decent, not great. Not a lot of TFLs, which is kinda what these guys need to do. But the passing defense... wow. I didn't keep track all the way through, but I think at one point Eli was like 19-22 ish (back when the game was close). Passer rating of 148.8 on the day. It felt like the Giants could take the ball up and down the field all day if they wanted. No turnovers. Only one sack. 4 TDs allowed including the really long one to Beckham. The defense just did not come to play, very disappointing.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Could he be worse? We don't know, but if he is then cut him after the season too. No cooling off period the Rams were an embarrassment today they disrespected the Horns.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Scott Wells and Davin Joseph need to be cut today.
Wouldn't be a point to that and thus not happening unless the powers that be feel there's someone on the street better than them. And if that was the case, a move would have been made already.

As far as Wells and Joseph go, there already is precedent that the Coaches don't know what they are doing. That would be the first few weeks of the season when Joseph was starting over Robinson. The second that Robinson got a chance he proved he was 10x the player that Joseph was.
Clearly, Robinson is better NOW than Joseph. It's very possible he wasn't ready THEN.

This said, I don't expect either Wells or Joseph in horns next year.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I under stand age and being slower but what the fuck does that have to do with hiking the ball in your own dome!!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I think we have to ask a question that we may not want to hear the answer. Is it possible we're not as as good as we thought? Maybe we still have a long way to be a playoff contender?

The last two games did not look like a team that is on the cusp of ascending. In fact, its likely our record will say we're worse than Fisher's first two seasons.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Wouldn't be a point to that and thus not happening unless the powers that be feel there's someone on the street better than them. And if that was the case, a move would have been made already.

Please don't. This is a vent thread. I was at the game - the only game I could afford this year - and I stayed until it ended. I have every right to vent my feelings.

Alan

Legend
flv getting squeamish:
McDonald launching himself as an unguided missile isn't what all of us want to him to do.
I consider that making the WR pay for going over the middle. I'm not sure I'd call it unguided either. It's not like he just threw himself into a pile of players. He guided himself right at Beckham but Beckham dodged him. At least that's what I saw.

On the other hand, I empathize with your thoughts concerning that.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
I think we have to ask a question that we may not want to hear the answer. Is it possible we're not as as good as we thought? Maybe we still have a long way to be a playoff contender?

The last two games did not look like a team that is on the cusp of ascending. In fact, its likely our record will say we're worse than Fisher's first two seasons.

you might be right were just not as good as we think we are. everyone says it's mostly because were so young but that's the scary thing our young players don't seem to be getting better. quick is the only player that seems noticeably better then their rookie year. this team dose not seem to be getting better