The Official Sam Bradford Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I love Bradford and feel his time in horns has come to an end. He's a dam good QB, best we've had since... Bulger lol.

I say freak the haters and people who said we couldn't depend on him. I agree with the decision to stick with him.

There's only been 1 team I know of that has won it all without a QB that was "game manager." That team was the Baltimore Ravens in the late 90's. They had a hellacious defense lead by Ray Lewis. Guess what, we have a hellacious defense lead by Robert Quinn (Technically JL).

I beleive we can still do it, but I know it's not realistic to say so.

We have guys that can get open, I beleive Hill can do a good job.

And BTW, I looked Sanchez's stats the last two games, he's playing really well. I'd trade a 5th round pick for him.

fancents86

Starter
I'm with Rams and Gators, this was a bone headed move on Fishers part. The moment they saw Jlong failing to do his job they should have pulled Bradford out of there. Put JLong up with the 2nd unit and have him protect someone who is not as valuable/fragile. I hope to God we don't draft Wilson next year, and I wish Bortles was still in college. I'm on the Tebow train as a back up for Hill, who I hope can pull out 16 or more games. I really feel for Bradford. His career is done. I don't see anyone trying to grab him as a starter and if you have him as a back up your 3rd string better be damn good bc.the odds are you don't have a good enough o line to keep him healthy.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Meh. I was a staunch Sam supporter, but the truth is.....Hill has better career numbers and a better record.

There is a possibility that we are better with Hill at QB...so I'm not going to be upset until I see what we put on the field.

RamzFanz

Damnit
End of the Bradford Error:
>$50 M in salary and bonuses received
49 games played (~$1M per game)
18-30-1 record

58.6% completion
59 TDs
38 INTs
79.3 Passer Rating

For perspective, Peyton Manning including the playoffs last year threw more TDs in ONE YEAR than Bradford in his CAREER.

ON http://www.pro-football-reference.com, Bradford is mentioned with Tim Couch, Vince Young and Tony Banks...somehow they also include Jim McMahon in their comparison and I can only imagine is is because McMahon was also always hurt...BIG difference in performance when healthy though - especially in terms of W-L record...McMahon was 46-15 overall as Bears QB1 (36-5 over his last 5 years with the club...)

So closeth the book on Samuel Bradford...

Stop with the stupid bullshit. If you can't see talent past the stats, you're blind. Why does your post look exactly like the RamStalk posts with the exact same stats?

Rams0307

What the freak is with this team? Why can we never have good freaking luck on our side? We've suffered for a freaking decade, we've earned some freaking good karma. And knowing this freaking bullcrap, we're going to win enough games that we can't even draft a decent QB. And then we'll be stuck hoping that Bradford doesn't do the same freaking thing next year or that whatever mediocre QB we find doesn't suck up the field. God damn it, I hate this crap. I don't want to root for the Rams to suck so they can get a good QB but I know that's probably the best freaking thing that can happen.

Why couldn't Bradford's freaking knee not fall apart again?

I think Shaun Hill is a pretty solid backup and Mike Vick is a good option. Hell, we could probably fight for 8 wins with either guy. Maybe Vick gets us to 9 or 10 if he stays healthy and doesn't revert to retard mode. But why the freak couldn't we finally see if Bradford is good enough? I just want to punch someone in the face. This is unfair. It just seems like I'm stuck in a nightmare.

And, of course, we missed out on freaking Bortles who is going to be a franchise QB imo. Which just makes it all that much worse. But there's no way anyone could anticipate this happening. Still, it freaking sucks.

We have seen he is good enough. He was good enough his rookie year. 2011 was a joke of a season that basically set Bradford up for punishment. 2012 he was fine, and last year, once we got the running game going, Bradford was looking really good, especially in the Carolina game. This preseason, he really stepped his game up and looked great. The real problem for me during Bradford's tenure; Why didn't the Rams do more to improve the offensive line for their QB? The line from 2010 to 2012 was abysmal and basically setup our QB for future injury. I mean our game plan for 3 years straight was about Bradford getting the ball out quickly; that's not a recipe for success. So finally, finally, we look like we'll have a good line, and then a rusty LT(former pro bowler no less) has possibly the worst series of his career and it costs us our QB's season. The Rams definitely have bad luck, but I really wish we would've upgraded our offensive line in 2012 when Fisher got here. It was a mistake not to.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I have no problem with them not drafting a QB early. I don't believe the QB class in this draft will produce a franchise caliber QB. Better to find an experienced guy who has started some games. We already have that guy. Now we need to find a legit backup for him. Because if Hill lights it up and we start winning with him, he will go down. We somehow pissed off the football gods and they won't allow us to have a decent QB.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We have seen he is good enough. He was good enough his rookie year. 2011 was a joke of a season that basically set Bradford up for punishment. 2012 he was fine, and last year, once we got the running game going, Bradford was looking really good, especially in the Carolina game. This preseason, he really stepped his game up and looked great. The real problem for me during Bradford's tenure; Why didn't the Rams do more to improve the offensive line for their QB? The line from 2010 to 2012 was abysmal and basically setup our QB for future injury. I mean our game plan for 3 years straight was about Bradford getting the ball out quickly; that's not a recipe for success. So finally, finally, we look like we'll have a good line, and then a rusty LT(former pro bowler no less) has possibly the worst series of his career and it costs us our QB's season. The Rams definitely have bad luck, but I really wish we would've upgraded our offensive line in 2012 when Fisher got here. It was a mistake not to.

Not yet, we haven't. He's shown flashes. But being good enough isn't just playing well...it's showing the ability to be great AND stay on the field.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
Time to nut up Rams fans.

Everything's going to be ok. This was going to be a team built around the run game and the defense. It just became a little more obvious.

I still think this team can win ball games. I feel bad for Bradford, but there's a season to play.

V3

Hall of Fame
I'm with Rams and Gators, this was a bone headed move on Fishers part. The moment they saw Jlong failing to do his job they should have pulled Bradford out of there. Put JLong up with the 2nd unit and have him protect someone who is not as valuable/fragile. I hope to God we don't draft Wilson next year, and I wish Bortles was still in college. I'm on the Tebow train as a back up for Hill, who I hope can pull out 16 or more games. I really feel for Bradford. His career is done. I don't see anyone trying to grab him as a starter and if you have him as a back up your 3rd string better be damn good bc.the odds are you don't have a good enough o line to keep him healthy.

I can't blame this on Fisher not pulling Bradford(I will blame him for not getting some insurance for next year by trading down for an extra first in next year's draft, though. Said as much before the draft). At some point, your players have to play. The Rams could have one of the best LT's in the NFL and eventually Sam would still get hit.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Well, at least now we all know. Sorry, Charlie Brown. I was hoping I was wrong about you. But here we are.

I was just talking crap about how this was the Rams year and Bradford was gonna finally show up. The guy just always had the deer in the headlights look, IMO, and it was always a "whoa is me" stink coming off of him. Never saw that fire and killer instinct. Always the victim.

See ya, Charlie.

fancents86

Starter
I can't blame this on Fisher not pulling Bradford(I will blame him for not getting some insurance for next year by trading down for an extra first in next year's draft, though. Said as much before the draft). At some point, your players have to play. The Rams could have one of the best LT's in the NFL and eventually Sam would still get hit.
To be honest I was never a fan of the JLong pick up. Too many injuries.

scifiman

I remember back when the rams were drafting #1 and it was between Bradford and Suh. I said then that Bradford was fragile but hoped to be proven wrong. What is funny is that even if we had drafted Suh our record would more than likely be about the same and we would most likely lose Suh to free agency as the lions are going to do after this year. I also stated that in todays NFL game you need a mobile qb who can avoid the rush which Bradford has not been able to do.
What everyone has to do now is move on from Bradford as he is not the future franchise qb for the rams. After the last preseason game there will be qb's available that we will have to take a look at to see if they could fit us. As for franchise caliber I doubt we will find a diamond in the rough.
We should take solace that a qb like HIll could lead the team to the playoffs like a Trent Dilfer. As long as our defense holds up we may be all right.

Athos

Legend
mobilesmspk.net_angry-man_50.gif

gorilla+rage+on+computer+meme.png

FUCKING FUCK BALLZ! CURSE THE SEAWHORES! CURSE THE WHINERS! CURSE THE BASTARD UPSTAIRS WHO TREATS US LIKE FUCKING CUBS FANS!

OF FUCKING COURSE! we keep the faith with Sam, draft Robinson and pass the shit up on Bortles who is doing great early on.

Fuck this fucking BS hindsight nonsense.

Moostache

Rookie
Stop with the stupid bullcrap. If you can't see talent past the stats, you're blind. Why does your post look exactly like the RamStalk posts with the exact same stats?
The stats are from profootball reference....if they look the same as anything, its because THEY ARE BRADFORD'S STATS...seriously man, get a grip. The man is what he is - a fragile, barely adequate NFL caliber QB who got paid like an all-time great without earning ANY of it. Kudos for Sam...great work if you can get it....but that does not make him any less of a bust as a result. Stats are stats and his suck for the money he received and more importantly than him getting $$$ is the contracts and players the Rams could NOT get due to paying Bradford so much.

The guy was hurt for 4 of the last 6 years....Shoulder at OU, Ankle for the Rams, ACL 2013 for the Rams and ACL 2014 for the Rams...now I suppose stating those facts sounds too much like something else too? GTFO...the Rams are hosed and I posted that in the Rant thread for exactly that reason...to rant.

Lesson

Oh, really?
I like Bradford and Fisher. However, assuming the Rams officially say he's out for the year, I don't understand why Fisher should be given a mulligan for the outcome of the season IF it goes south. His first move in STL was to stay with Bradford, and rightfully or wrongfully, I believe he's pretty much handcuffed his future with him.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Stop with the stupid bullcrap. If you can't see talent past the stats, you're blind. Why does your post look exactly like the RamStalk posts with the exact same stats?

Should have made this clear in the OP - we don't vent at one another. A vent thread means others get to post what they want without being jumped on by fellow members.

scifiman

Please stop with the Tebow hype. It has gotten old. He is not NFL caliber. Period. End of discussion.

RamzFanz

Damnit
The stats are from profootball reference....if they look the same as anything, its because THEY ARE BRADFORD'S STATS...seriously man, get a grip. The man is what he is - a fragile, barely adequate NFL caliber QB who got paid like an all-time great without earning ANY of it. Kudos for Sam...great work if you can get it....but that does not make him any less of a bust as a result. Stats are stats and his suck for the money he received and more importantly than him getting $$$ is the contracts and players the Rams could NOT get due to paying Bradford so much.

The guy was hurt for 4 of the last 6 years....Shoulder at OU, Ankle for the Rams, ACL 2013 for the Rams and ACL 2014 for the Rams...now I suppose stating those facts sounds too much like something else too? GTFO...the Rams are hosed and I posted that in the Rant thread for exactly that reason...to rant.

Unfounded bashing isn't ranting. You and I and everyone else knows he played on terrible teams.

Is he injury prone? Yes. Is a terrible QB? That's just ridiculous.