The Official Rams vs. Vikings Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Fisher and Co. have shown in their time here an ability to rebound after getting blown out. See: 2012 after NE loss(next game was a tie with SF), 2013 vs 49ers(next game was W vs Jax), @ AZ(next game was a W vs NOLA). I'm not ready to want or think that Fisher and Co. should be fired.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Embarrassing! Schotty is terrible. I've supported him for the last 2 years. It was complete crap.

He had an entire offseason to learn how to use Tavon, and all he could come up was put him the backfield. freak Schotty.

i believe that most of the play book is installed during tc. i would think that fisher would approve of it before hand. so i think fisher should take most the blame. when oc and dc are fired it is usually a last ditch effort to save a failing regime

Lesson

Oh, really?
i believe that most of the play book is installed during tc. i would think that fisher would approve of it before hand. so i think fisher should take most the blame. when oc and dc are fired it is usually a last ditch effort to save a failing regime
Unless the HC chooses to not be really involved with one side of the ball and let's his coordinators call plays without much HC interference like Spags with Shurmar and McDaniels or Martz with Lovie.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
OH man!! That pissed me off so much. You DO NOT gloat about hitting a guy and injuring him like that. I can see why others think the Rams are dirty. I would sit him at least a game for that.
That's not the play he got the taunting for. It was after a kick off.
Unless you just meant his being happy about not getting the penalty.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Only bad thing is one of the teams we hate (69ers) are beating the crap out of them. So far the teams above us look good again. Frick

yea but if arizona wins monday we will have sole posession of 2nd place in are division. blue font

Memphis Ram

Legend
Well this this is the thread for it:

I can't wait until the defense begins to live up to it's press clippings. It's early, but so far they've just been all hype just because of the DLine talent. I hope this isn't the Lions Part Deux. Their defense got a lot of hype too when they loaded up on DLinemen Vanden Bosch, Avril, Suh, Williams, Fairley, etc.

NukeRam

I test nuclear weapons
Name
Mike
I feel sorry for Chris Long. He's been here playing his ass off for what, 7-8 years and thinks finally everything is in place to make the playoffs. Sam goes down and now this embarrassment of an opener. I know he's a pro but it's got to be beating him down. Probably the only way he plays a playoff game is with another team.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Hey guys .... I was able to get my hands on Schotty's playbook. I know we're not all football gurus, but let's all take a look and see where we can possibly make some improvements...
___2208569.gif

I know it's a lot to digest but do you think Keenum can dissect Schotty's playbook and be ready for next week?

Lesson

Oh, really?
Well this this is the thread for it:

I can't wait until the defense begins to live up to it's press clippings. It's early, but so far they've just been all hype just because of the DLine talent. I hope this isn't the Lions Part Deux. Their defense got a lot of hype too when they loaded up on DLinemen Vanden Bosch, Avril, Suh, Williams, Fairley, etc.

I think the Rams at least have an above average starting LB group, though. I couldn't say that for the Lions. Both teams had/have questions in the secondary.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
I think on the "Pass 1" play the players are instructed to stop 2 yards shy of the first down marker. This is usually the play called on 3rd and long.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I feel sorry for Chris Long. He's been here playing his ass off for what, 7-8 years and thinks finally everything is in place to make the playoffs. Sam goes down and now this embarrassment of an opener. I know he's a pro but it's got to be beating him down. Probably the only way he plays a playoff game is with another team.

Thanks to his contract, he might need to be a part of a trade package this offseason to get another QB.:whistle:

StevenG-BR

Rookie
Looking at the scores and highlights, game-by-game... the Rams had the worst Week 1 performance of any NFL team (unless someone get shutout in a prime time game). Teams like Miami and Philly had pretty terrible starts and managed to do something about it. Dallas got trampled... but at least they put a few freaking points on the board. Even Oakland, Jacksonville and Cleveland made the Rams look pathetic.

So we are currently the worst team in the NFL. Technically. What a terrific start.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Yea... a lot of the bottom feeders look improved. Rams look like they took 3 giant steps backwards.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher

Sorry. But I was there. And I'm reflecting the views of every Rams fan in my section. He's awful. We're going nowhere as long as he's the OC.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
There were times today where I thought I may not have many more games to watch in my city.

I hate this feeling, and I hate that the loudest the dome got today was when the Vikings did something.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Shottenheimer and Fisher both need to go. The team has a lot of talent and they still suck bad, and this makes no sense. Shottenheimer is not an NFL caliber OC. Sorry but it is true. I have seen this since the beginning of the 2012 season. Their offense just does not look like an NFL offense. The only thing keeping it together is the players skill level. They are playing in a horrible system year after year. Shottenheimer is to blame but Fisher is just as guilty for allowing this to happen year after year. And the team just does not look like a well coached team. That's on Fisher. I did not like the Fisher hiring but decided to see what happens. Well I have seen enough.
IMHO the Rams will never win a super bowl with these two coaching the team.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Sorry. I'm not going to be some Pollyanna singing kumbayas, or however the hell you spell it. That was awful. All of it.