The Official Rams vs. Vikings Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AnarchyRam

Rookie
I'm just sick of being sick of it.

For some reason today I wasn't real excited for the game...

Guess I know why.

The amount of suckage out there was astonishing.

Then you add having the worst offensive coordinator in football and you have us with little hope.

Warner had marts and "our qb" has "schotty".

Deeeeeeepressed.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
Lauranitis cant play, earns a fortune. C Long basically the same scenario. Stacy has lost his burst already even tho he's just in second year. On 3rd and 11, we have 3 receivers run routes on same side of hashmark and only one runs past the first down sticks. Givens is scared. Austin runs sideways too much w/ no coaching correction. u can't run in NFL when the dfence sees it coming. Need deception and design. Ask D Farr. Hill injury a mystery.

Mick

Pro Bowler
you needed a new thread for this crap? couldn't put it in the vent thread eh? Ok attention seeker...I got it....ya feel better now? :cool:

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Really? He looked good until the whole house of cards collapsed in the 2nd half.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
No need for this type of threads here my Ram brother. They do no good for anyone IMO.

plaza23

Rams will not take a step forward till they get a new coaching staff and a new QB. Right now, the Rams remind me of how the 49ers were under Mike Singletary. Some talented individuals, but no discipline and no innovation. Need a new HC (give me a Harbaugh-like HC please) and a new QB (give me a Kaepernick-like QB). If you have the right HC and the right QB, you can win continuously in this league. If you dont have either, you got no chance. Rams are hopeless at this point.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Sorry but it seem like he is overpaid for missing tackles.

Thats fine to think that, I agree on a certain level. It was the overall post of negativity towards many facets of the team all balled into a paragraph and made into a thread that I felt wasnt necessary is all.

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
Just got home from the game. My god it was horrible. I was in the end zone Rams side. I bunch of empty seats, a lot of Vikings fans. Season ticket holders going nuts and leaving early in the 3rd. Never been so embarrassed at a game.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
After today I'm convinced that Stan Kroenke's favorite movie is Major League, and that he's carrying out his insidious plan to increase fan apathy and drive down attendance so that he can to move the team from St. Louis to Miami. Los Angeles! Obviously I mean Los Angeles.

What other answer could there be for ineptitude on this scale? It has to be on purpose, right?
Does anybody really think that Jeff Fisher's resemblance to Lou Brown is a coincidence?

On a more serious note, if there is a picture out there of Kroenke in a bikini bottom and pasties I hope that I never have to see it.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
@MerlinJones

If that conspiracy theory is correct then it must have started around ten years ago because we played badly like this for a long time before Kroenke took full ownership.

Btw I think Fisher looks more like Cliff Clavin from Cheers. :)

14e9c36.jpg

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Rams will not take a step forward till they get a new coaching staff and a new QB. Right now, the Rams remind me of how the 49ers were under Mike Singletary. Some talented individuals, but no discipline and no innovation. Need a new HC (give me a Harbaugh-like HC please) and a new QB (give me a Kaepernick-like QB). If you have the right HC and the right QB, you can win continuously in this league. If you dont have either, you got no chance. Rams are hopeless at this point.
You can always go back to your 49ers forum.

SlaterFan

Greencounty nailed it above....and Anarchyram termed it correctly - " Suckage "

eric

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I thought we had more overall talent than the Vikings and about a quarter of the brainpower. Their whole offense revolves around either giving AP the ball or faking like they're giving AP the ball. Wasn't really impressed with them as most of their points came from turnovers or some sort of drive-sustaining penalty. Then of course we would have our usual 2nd and 20 or 3rd and 15 and give them the ball back.

The OC is unimaginative, unable to make adjustments, and very predictable. I continue to be less impressed with him every year.

Tim Barnes and Robinson need to play. Because if that's the best Wells/Joseph/Saffold can do then we are in serious trouble. Some of the weakest, poorest line play I've seen.

Overall the theme of Sunday's game is stupidity.

Oh, and does every little contact need to be a penalty? The Cowboys/9ers game was full of uncalled incidental contact by both teams and they were allowed to play through. Like it was an actual football game.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Fisher's insistence on ground and pound is going to be the death knell for the team. Sure, Seattle does it (somewhat)... but they have some Killer Defense and other dynamic players and playcalling to help balance things out. His old school approach seems great on the surface, but in all honesty, in today's NFL you have to adapt and be able to mix it up. The offense is so freakin paint-by-numbers it's sickening.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Home opener.
NEW season.
BIG expectations.
... and you go out there and look like a junior varsity squad. Some serious ankle grabbing. :palm:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Ya know... I don't even want to vent anymore... I just want to deal with the TRAUMA of this game.

I mean... we've been waiting for NINE MONTHS for this season. Two weeks prior to the start, we lose our Franchise QB who finally looks like he's about to have a career year.

But, hey, we got the best backup available in FA in Shaun Hill. He sure beat the crap out of us when he was on other teams. It still seemed like there was hope.

Well, hope is a dangerous thing and this time, it bit back...

So, herein lies the TRAUMA of this game. We waited NINE MONTHS of hoping and analyzing and rooting and all that for... this? A devastating loss to an at best middling team? I'm no fool. I get that it's one game. That said, this team isn't going to go 15-1. This team has significant issues that were exposed in this game that no amount of being a homer or projecting positives or being a pollyanna can cover up. In some ways, the Rams lost that game 34-6, but it wasn't that close.

So... if we really have waited nine months for this... are we really as fans in the same boat as Bradford? Are we really essentially forced to watch knowing that nothing can really demonstrate any change for another YEAR???

Part of me wants to go to this game in Tampa really badly. I'm just not sure I could handle watching a second blowout like this, only this time in person...and I'd have to watch it until the bitter end, that's how I am...

After watching Tampa, well, I'd say that they seemed vulnerable, but at this point, that seems mentioning the vulnerabilities of another team is like asking the football gods to imbue them with super powers...

I'm hoping we can turn this around. I really am. I'm hoping that that game was just one of "those bad hair days" or Murphy's Law type games where the Rams are just SHOCKED into a different level of football consciousness now that they've seen that what level of effort and execution they thought would succeed, clearly....um...won't.

Rambition

Rookie
There was just so much wrong today, but it started with an offense that had absolutely no rhythm. Did Hill strain his vagina or something? Play through the pain, dude...if you stand for the entire second half and walk around....you aren't hurt enough to sit out.

i think fisher wouldn't let him keep playing. not sure what the guy is supposed to do.