The Most Important Player the Rams had, and Let get-away!?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Big Unit

UDFA
London Fletcher. Turned us from a probable dynasty into one-hit wonders. In my opinion, the worst decision since the Rams came to St. Louis.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Absolute first person that came to mind was Fletcher. But that whole deal with Kurt still really frosts me.

PhxRam

London Fletcher freaking Jay Zygmunt...Don't get me started because the man with a Juris Doctorate and a CPA was not smart enough to contact Fletcher's agent to ask him what they were looking for contractually. Instead he signed Jamie Duncan because he felt Fletcher would be out of the Rams price range until Fletcher signed with Buffalo and Zygmunt then realized the Rams could have kept both Leonard Little and London Fletcher.

Jay Zygmunt you Bastard!

I think Lovie also had a say in the duncan fiasco.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I hated when he came to Seattle, I got so much crap for him jumping ship... Guess I blocked that as to painful to remember.
Yeah - Well I had just bought an autographed Wistrom jersey. I got my pound of flesh though. I wore it to the Seachickens v Rams game his first year in Seattle when we came back from 17 points down with 6 minutes left to tie and then beat them in OT.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Yeah - Well I had just bought an autographed Wistrom jersey. I got my pound of flesh though. I wore it to the Seachickens v Rams game his first year in Seattle when we came back from 17 points down with 6 minutes left to tie and then beat them in OT.

That's awesome! Sigh I'm still waiting for that sweet sweet moment to see the Rams win in person let alone against the one team I go see them play the most. I even have went as far as the next time we win in Seattle I will be getting my Rams tattoo.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think Lovie also had a say in the duncan fiasco.

That entire deal was Lovie. He felt that Duncan was a better fit for his D, and would be cheaper than Fletcher. So, the Rams were glad they didn't have to pay London and didn't resign him.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
For me the answer is Jack 'Hack-Saw' Reynolds! He Played for us @ MLB from 1970 to 1981. To me he was the Back-Bone of the Team! I screamed as load as I could at anyone that would Listen, that we would Pay For letting him go! He went to the 49ers, who up to that point in history WE OWNED! He taught them how to watch Film, and Train! And then they went on to when SB XVI and XIX before he retired! He was one of my very favorite Players! IMHO I was wright! (P.S. in case you didn't know he got his nick name after cutting a '53 Chevy in half after Losing a game to Ole Miss in College!) Who's your pick for the Rams most important Player Lost?

What makes you say that Hacksaw taught the Niners how to study film and train? That is more of a coaching thing.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
That's awesome! Sigh I'm still waiting for that sweet sweet moment to see the Rams win in person let alone against the one team I go see them play the most. I even have went as far as the next time we win in Seattle I will be getting my Rams tattoo.
Sadly it's been a while since I went into enemy territory to watch the Rams win. I had a pretty good track record leading up to that game but it has pretty much gone south since then. That may have been the last game we actually won there. My dad flew up from CA for the game so it was extra sweet. I was at the opener in Spags' first year when we lost 28-0 too so......:mad: But I got to watch Kurt throw for almost 400 yards against them before they joined the West. :D

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
Where's all the SJ love now? I guess we have to admit it, it was time for him to go. :(

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Yeah a lot of good players listed.
Pickett should be on that list as well. Our interior d line was pretty bad for quite a few years after he left. I was pissed when they let him walk.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
For me the answer is Jack 'Hack-Saw' Reynolds! He Played for us @ MLB from 1970 to 1981. To me he was the Back-Bone of the Team! I screamed as load as I could at anyone that would Listen, that we would Pay For letting him go! He went to the 49ers, who up to that point in history WE OWNED! He taught them how to watch Film, and Train! And then they went on to when SB XVI and XIX before he retired! He was one of my very favorite Players! IMHO I was wright! (P.S. in case you didn't know he got his nick name after cutting a '53 Chevy in half after Losing a game to Ole Miss in College!) Who's your pick for the Rams most important Player Lost?
Hacksaw really really hurt back then. He and Wendall Tyler. Crushed me back then

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Never heard of Hacksaw tbh lol Stupid age! Was born in 80 but I'd have to go with either London Fletcher or Kurt Warner. Imagine if he had a FO that didn't have head in ass syndrome?

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
In this case I think it is because Jackson wanted to be let go. He didnt want to be here anymore.
Yes, I agree. His window of opportunity for the glitter on the finger is closing rapidly. He earned it, I hope he gets it, just not at our expense. I was just surprised I hadn't seen his name mentioned.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
From the dark ages:

Madison Hedgecock - Jackson ran his best behind him
Torry Holt