The Most Important Player the Rams had, and Let get-away!?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
For me the answer is Jack 'Hack-Saw' Reynolds! He Played for us @ MLB from 1970 to 1981. To me he was the Back-Bone of the Team! I screamed as load as I could at anyone that would Listen, that we would Pay For letting him go! He went to the 49ers, who up to that point in history WE OWNED! He taught them how to watch Film, and Train! And then they went on to when SB XVI and XIX before he retired! He was one of my very favorite Players! IMHO I was wright! (P.S. in case you didn't know he got his nick name after cutting a '53 Chevy in half after Losing a game to Ole Miss in College!) Who's your pick for the Rams most important Player Lost?

jjab360

Legend
I'd probably say London Fletcher. We got 11 years out of Reynolds, but we let Fletcher go when he was entering his prime and ended up with a massive hole there for almost a decade.

SierraRam

Recreational User
I'd like to have held on to Bradley Fletcher. He went to Philly and quickly became their top cornerback. We sure could have used him last year!

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
We've let a number of good players go. Off the top of my head Jerome Bettis, Kevin Greene, Ryan Pickett, Hacksaw, Roman Phifer, Wendell Tyler... The one that probably ticks me off the most was trading Dickerson for a bundle of picks and then squandering them.

As far as allowing players to walk, yeah, has to be Fletcher.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Hacksaw was one heckuva nice guy, but he definitely had those crazy linebacker eyes, similar to Singletary.

but yeah, just about everyone mentioned above was hard to see depart.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
London Fletcher freaking Jay Zygmunt...Don't get me started because the man with a Juris Doctorate and a CPA was not smart enough to contact Fletcher's agent to ask him what they were looking for contractually. Instead he signed Jamie Duncan because he felt Fletcher would be out of the Rams price range until Fletcher signed with Buffalo and Zygmunt then realized the Rams could have kept both Leonard Little and London Fletcher.

Jay Zygmunt you Bastard!

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
Gotta be Warner and Fletcher.

More recently, Grecco might have been helpful. Lotta "garbage in, garbage out" from the Linny/Spags eras.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Fletcher and Warner are the big ones. And Holt and Bruce should have never left But I didn't like as kid that we let Dre Bly go, I know he wasn't on there level at all but he was one of my favorites.