Teddy BridgeH20

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
No nerve or arterial damage - this is great news for the young man.

Great news.. I hope it is true. But, how do you identify nerve or arterial damage at this point in the injury process? How long did it take to identify the situation Jaylon Smith?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Maybe if the Rams add a 4th rounder with him

-- great Ram fans !!! I can't say what I really want to !!! It is a sad injury.

-- Last season the Vikings got mad at The Rams for hit on Teddy. I think it was Joyner ,& he isn't a dirty player. He gets pick on a lot.

Athos

Legend
and this was a non-contact injury?! :sick:

I've dislocated my knee four times non-contact. Even that visual if pretty gruesome until it's the fourth time and you're just like "fuck it all" at that point.

Hope he's okay and nothing permanent. Teddy always seemed like a good kid.

Athos

Legend
Matt VenselVerified account‏@mattvensel
FWIW, Teddy Bridgewater's injury was called in on the emergency scanner as a dislocated knee. That's not to say that is the full extent.

This is looking more like a 2 yr rehab at best and perhaps a career derailler. Now you get into nerve and blow vessel damages. This is so sad. Vikings had a REAL chance this year.

Update: Based on more info from @ 12intheBox, it APPEARS that there is no nerve or arterial damage.. Thank god.

Two years? Hahahahahah. Thanks Dr. Vensel.

Journalists and medicine.

I popped my knees out four times in the span of 2-3 years. The biggest issue is time out of place. The you talk muscle, tendon, etc damage but I'm sure they took care of it. Fuckers at the ER for my last one in HS had it out several hours. Probably fucked up my knees even more.

The dislocation isn't totally worrisome though dislocations can easily become chronic. I haven't had a recurrence going on 10 years now and Teddy has better care than I'll ever have.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
The dislocation isn't totally worrisome though dislocations can easily become chronic. I haven't had a recurrence going on 10 years now and Teddy has better care than I'll ever have.

Do not know your particular situation, but is it as stressful as pro football?

Athos

Legend
Do not know your particular situation, but is it as stressful as pro football?

No. But I popped the knee out 3 times and like I said haven't had a reoccurrence since. Still lift. Still do cardio. Just not running. Shits not good for knees in general.

But my situation is slightly different in that the actual structure on my knee is poor. The groove the patella is supposed to sit in on my right side is almost a diagonal line instead of a "socket."

My patellas float. I doubt Teddy has that issue or he'd have never gotten to play pro ball.

Like I said. The issue with dislocations is that they can become chronic. You see it a lot with shoulders in particular. The bone moving puts stress on the tendons, fascia, muscle. I'm sure he got his out back in far sooner than I ever did.

I guess the issue as a righty is that his left leg is the driver.

But the dislocation shouldn't take THAT long provided he didn't seriously strain things. It's the ACL. As Sammy proved, that's the big issue. That might compound the dislocation.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Two years? Hahahahahah. Thanks Dr. Vensel.

Journalists and medicine.

I popped my knees out four times in the span of 2-3 years. The biggest issue is time out of place. The you talk muscle, tendon, etc damage but I'm sure they took care of it. Fuckers at the ER for my last one in HS had it out several hours. Probably freaked up my knees even more.

But its his ACL to right?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I feel awful for Teddy and can't even imagine the trauma. Hot and sweaty practice, the pain of the injury, getting ambulanced out.

Don't feel bad for the coach. Last year the dude made cheap, verbal attacks on Rams' players. What goes around, comes around.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Just moments ago, Reproted on NFLN, Almost certainly a season ending injury!! Back-up Shaun Hill, former Rams back-up, next-man-up!!

If it had to be some QB the football gods wanted this to happen too, I'd rather it be R. Wilson. Not Teddy.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Great news.. I hope it is true. But, how do you identify nerve or arterial damage at this point in the injury process? How long did it take to identify the situation Jaylon Smith?
I wondered the same. Arterial damage would be seen easier I would have thought (not a doctor) and would be investigated asap because it would need to br treated by a vascular surgeon or else you might either die or lose the leg....
Suppose it would show on the mri.
Nerve damagage? Mri? I would have thought they would have to have waited to ask him if he could lift his foot though.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
They will rally around Kurt... I mean Shawn Hill, and play good football.

Seriously - when they say dislocated and 'flailing around'... does that mean the knee was completely bent the opposite direction? I'm picturing he tore pretty much everything in there and the bottom part of his leg is just hanging there?

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Yeah from reports it seems as if it was a knee injury similar to that of RGIII

View attachment 15895

images

Big Game - I think it was worse than that.

Psycho_X

Legend
They will rally around Kurt... I mean Shawn Hill, and play good football.

Seriously - when they say dislocated and 'flailing around'... does that mean the knee was completely bent the opposite direction? I'm picturing he tore pretty much everything in there and the bottom part of his leg is just hanging there?

Sounds like it, report I saw said a knee dislocation, complete acl tear, and major structural damage of the knee joint. Sooooo yeah, not good. Artery damage was nill so loss of leg or dying wasn't a risk. So far nerve damage isn't found but as others have said i can't believe they can 100% determine that until they get everything put back together. Either way, I'd be extremely surprised if he is playing game 1 next season if the knee joint has to be completely rebuilt. But this could be exaggerated. Really we won't know until surgeries are done and team officials feel like sharing unless someone leaks something.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Gives us one less team to fight over a playoff spot for.

Yeah, thats what I was thinking. Might sound insensitive but its only natural for fans to think abou that. I have us going 8-8. Vikes were a serious contender to win 10 along with the hags or deadbirds. This opens the door for an 8-8 team to get in. Why not us?