Teams prefer Bradford over Mariota or Winston if QB is cut

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
I am not disputing it being an illegal hit. I think the guy deserved to have his career ended himself for the unnecessary hit and the celebration that insued afterward. But it didn't appear to really be that much of a hit. Some guys just get hurt easier than others.

I'm still studying Anatomy and have yet to get the knee, but speaking from personal experience, the knee is an incredibly delicate area that is susceptible to odd movements more than any other area. You can tweak your knee so easy and it doesn't matter who you are.

As for the hit, Bradford was being dragged down by the back of his jersey (the neck area) if I recall. There's a reason you can't horse collar and it isn't only neck injuries. It's because when you stop momentum like that, you can really fuck up a person's leg.

Just look at Laquan Treadwell from Ole Miss. He got dragged down from behind wild running/extending and suffered a gruesome leg injury.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am not disputing it being an illegal hit. I think the guy deserved to have his career ended himself for the unnecessary hit and the celebration that insued afterward. But it didn't appear to really be that much of a hit. Some guys just get hurt easier than others.

That's true.

The first injury seemed like a freak injury. But the second one really just makes it hard to doubt...although, I guess you have to wonder if it was fully healed at that point...or took well. Who knows. But it's hard to rely on him. Gotta hedge our bets.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think the only flaw we have in this forum is we tend to dismiss media types that have different views than our own.
Nah. I dismiss anyone's views that don't mesh with mine. :cool:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'm still studying Anatomy and have yet to get the knee, but speaking from personal experience, the knee is an incredibly delicate area that is susceptible to odd movements more than any other area. You can tweak your knee so easy and it doesn't matter who you are.

As for the hit, Bradford was being dragged down by the back of his jersey (the neck area) if I recall. There's a reason you can't horse collar and it isn't only neck injuries. It's because when you stop momentum like that, you can really freak up a person's leg.

Just look at Laquan Treadwell from Ole Miss. He got dragged down from behind wild running/extending and suffered a gruesome leg injury.

And then you have a Barry Sanders or Marshall Faulk who could make insane cuts and put tremendous pressure on his knees. Some guys can do it and others cannot. Some guys get more injured a bit more easily and others rarely do. I think it has to do with the ability to balance and in general body control. Some guys have more fluid motion with everything they do. I never felt that Sam did, nor was his awareness very good either, which was evident from his poor pocket presence.

I don't dislike him, nor am I saying he was dumb. Its just that we are not all as coordinated as others and our range of durability also varies quite a bit. I don't think that Sam is the most agile or durable QB out there and it has caught up to him. If he had to take the beating that Mike Vick withstood over the years he may be dead right now.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
My point is that Sam was in a vulnerable position, he knew he was vulnerable and not prepared for a hit, so he got out-of-bounds to protect himself, and the guy hit him anyway.

I am not blaming Sam for anything. I am just saying that some players survive that hit and others don't. Some guys are more durable than others. I put Sam in the less durable category.

Athos

Legend
And then you have a Barry Sanders or Marshall Faulk who could make insane cuts and put tremendous pressure on his knees. Some guys can do it and others cannot. Some guys get more injured a bit more easily and others rarely do. I think it has to do with the ability to balance and in general body control. Some guys have more fluid motion with everything they do. I never felt that Sam did, nor was his awareness very good either, which was evident from his poor pocket presence.

I don't dislike him, nor am I saying he was dumb. Its just that we are not all as coordinated as others and our range of durability also varies quite a bit. I don't think that Sam is the most agile or durable QB out there and it has caught up to him. If he had to take the beating that Mike Vick withstood over the years he may be dead right now.

If you want to compare players, compare players of a similar build/position.

RBs are built to take abuse. Because they HAVE to take abuse to be successful. And low center of gravity and stocky builds usually means stronger lower bodies. That's just basic science.

And still, when you get pulled down and back like that from behind, I don't care how built or injury prone you are or are not. You have a good chance of messing up something in your lower body on BS hits like that.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
If you want to compare players, compare players of a similar build/position.

RBs are built to take abuse. Because they HAVE to take abuse to be successful. And low center of gravity and stocky builds usually means stronger lower bodies. That's just basic science.

And still, when you get pulled down and back like that from behind, I don't care how built or injury prone you are or are not. You have a good chance of messing up something in your lower body on BS hits like that.
yeah, what he said.