Teams prefer Bradford over Mariota or Winston if QB is cut

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Bradford would have no problem finding a new team, if he is cut, and his knee checks out.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Absolutely.
Naw, he's an injury prone washed-up QB who is too expensive and should easily be replaced by one of the draftable hot shots coming out of college. In fact, I'd take a 30+ yr old Brady over him any day.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
It's a catch 22 with Sam. I think most fans want to see him bounce back from the injuries and succeed, but at the same time fish and sneed can say goodbye if they don't have an alternate plan for 2015 and beyond. No way they don't make a move via trade or, more likely, select one of the second tier guys and hope they can play in the unfortunate event sam goes down again. Signing at least one veteran OL, resign barksdale and hitting on a guard in the first three rounds is necessary for the success of whoever is under center.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Naw, he's an injury prone washed-up QB who is too expensive and should easily be replaced by one of the draftable hot shots coming out of college. In fact, I'd take a 30+ yr old Brady over him any day.
SpockQuantitiesOfSarcasm.png

Boffo97

Name
Dave
even if his knee checks out he would still have a prove it contract just to see if he stays healthy
He'd have an extremely high paying prove it contract. Simple supply and demand, multiple teams would be after him.

lockdnram21

Legend
He'd have an extremely high paying prove it contract. Simple supply and demand, multiple teams would be after him.
He would get no more then 4-5 million a year. The guy has really proved nothing except for he hasnt been able to stay healthy. Theres more questions then answers with Sam

Boffo97

Name
Dave
He would get no more then 4-5 million a year. The guy has really proved nothing except for he hasnt been able to stay healthy. Theres more questions then answers with Sam
I think you're wrong. I can get an argument that he might not deserve more than that, but if he became available and the next best option is Mark Freaking Sanchez (that's his new middle name now), there's going to be a bidding war, and whoever wins is going to be paying him quite a bit. As in, maybe as much as he's currently scheduled to make.

Even if you think that's too much, he'd be far from the first overpaid free agent, and if he stayed healthy, he'd be absolutely worth it.

lockdnram21

Legend
I think you're wrong. I can get an argument that he might not deserve more than that, but if he became available and the next best option is Mark Freaking Sanchez (that's his new middle name now), there's going to be a bidding war, and whoever wins is going to be paying him quite a bit. As in, maybe as much as he's currently scheduled to make.

Even if you think that's to much, he'd be far from the first overpaid free agent, and if he stayed healthy, he'd be absolutely worth it.
any team that pays him over that coming off back to back acl tears with the little other injuries hes had, and the fact that he really hasnt done much in this league would be a fool and like @Mojo Ram said they deserve to be fired

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
i know cleveland offered their pick they took trent richardson with - can't remember what other teams offered their #1s but i thought there was one more
Two years ago yeah. That was before the ACL x 2.
Lol.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Alex Smith did.
When? The concussion in 2012? Lol please...that wasn't two straight ACL's and nor was it career threateningly serious. No one cared about Alex Smith's concussion. Certainly not Kansas City. Nobody was scared of any of those QB's you posted in terms of major injury history like they would be with Sam. Bradford is in an entirely different tier in terms of risk and you know it.
Now you're just debating to debate.
[av]http://www.moviewavs.com/0053148414/MP3S/Movies/Fargo/debateu.mp3[/av]

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
If I was a GM, I would prefer Bradford as well.

The talent is all there. I really think he could easily be in the same category as Flacco, Stafford, A.Smith.

I think he could be better.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I would trade Bradford for Winston in a heartbeat. Any team that is saying that they prefer Bradford with his ACLs and other injury past to Winston is making it up.

Bradford with no injury sure thing. No brainer, because he is a proven quality QB and any first round pick at any position can bust, especially QBs. But Bradford is injured and has an injury history. Winston is big and strong and is a first over all caliber player.

I really think that any source saying that they prefer injured Bradford to Winston or Mariota are just talking out of their ass to give the guy something to write about. Or if they are naïve they may be trying to make Fisher think that he has a diamond in Sam and there is no need to attempt to trade up to get one of the top two QBs. That way they are eliminating competition to move up.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I would trade Bradford for Winston in a heartbeat. Any team that is saying that they prefer Bradford with his ACLs and other injury past to Winston is making it up.

Bradford with no injury sure thing. No brainer, because he is a proven quality QB and any first round pick at any position can bust, especially QBs. But Bradford is injured and has an injury history. Winston is big and strong and is a first over all caliber player.

I really think that any source saying that they prefer injured Bradford to Winston or Mariota are just talking out of their ass to give the guy something to write about. Or if they are naïve they may be trying to make Fisher think that he has a diamond in Sam and there is no need to attempt to trade up to get one of the top two QBs. That way they are eliminating competition to move up.

I would agree with you if I thought Winston was even remotely near a first overall talent. Winston is big and strong sure. And dumb and interception prone and so on. The only reason those two guys are considered top two QBs is because someone has to be and there is no one else. I can only hope that they fool Fisher into not trading up.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When? The concussion in 2012? Lol please...that wasn't two straight ACL's and nor was it career threateningly serious. No one cared about Alex Smith's concussion. Certainly not Kansas City. Nobody was scared of any of those QB's you posted in terms of major injury history like they would be with Sam. Bradford is in an entirely different tier in terms of risk and you know it.
Now you're just debating to debate.
[av]http://www.moviewavs.com/0053148414/MP3S/Movies/Fargo/debateu.mp3[/av]

8 years in the NFL and he played all 16 games in just two of them prior to his trade.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The part that everyone is missing, and its pretty much the crux of the sitch, is WHEN he were to be cut.
Sure if he's cut today his value would be pretty much at its highest.
But it wouldnt make any sense for the Rams to cut him until after pre-season.
As for the "4th round" value that I inadvertently put on him, that was merely an example of how hypocritcal the article would be if Bradford doesn't provoke any trade offers if he hasnt been resigned by the time a trade would be allowed