Teams prefer Bradford over Mariota or Winston if QB is cut

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Got to love these "unamed sources" at this time of the year....
Or the ever popular "buzz around the league" stuff
I'll say this much, if there's any truth to it, then we should be expecting to see some trade offers no??

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
With the FA, and Draft Market what it is today, I'm in the " NO BS group! A health Bradford is Better than anyone out their!

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
At least there is someone saying they talked to someone who is in a position to know. Is he lying? I don't know.

But Jim Thomas, the Nick Foles "journalism" claimed no sourcing, either on- or off-the-record.

Cole, who is a legit reporter, been covering the NFL about 25 years. So, he has the time on the job to have sources.

So, is it bull? I don't know. I doubt he's lying, but it's possible his sources are using a smokescreen or something, but Cole is a solid reporter.

FRO

Legend
I'm a Bradford guy. He is who I want under center for us next year. It really sucks he is always injured though. He is a good QB. I think we must be cursed or something.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Duh, my fear has always been that Bradford will never have a good OL eith the Rams then sign with another team that does have a good OL and thrive.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
No way Bradford gets cut, there just isn't a viable option to cut him. The rams will either restructure or ride out the last year of the current contract.

A55VA6

Legend
If I was a GM, I would prefer Bradford as well.

The talent is all there. I really think he could easily be in the same category as Flacco, Stafford, A.Smith.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
If I was a GM, I would prefer Bradford as well. .

Why? Those two have high potential as well in theory similar ceilings. Bradford is coming off multiple injuries so you are going to have serious concerns there...1 year prove it deal and you have to pay to ratain if he does well...and you will still have concern about his health going forward. Those 2 are going to be seriously cost controlled for the next 4 years (llok what that has doen for teams like Seattle and SF). You can have them and one of the top flight WR in FA for the same budget anda lot less risk.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I'll say this much, if there's any truth to it, then we should be expecting to see some trade offers no??
Not if teams are expecting Bradford to be cut. Why trade for a player when team x has no choice but to cut him?

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

No would not expect to see trade offers.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not if teams are expecting Bradford to be cut. Why trade for a player when team x has no choice but to cut him?
Because he may not get cut until August. Just saying that if "the buzz" thinks he's in the catagory of Mariota/Winston, and that he might be available, I'd think trade rumors would "buzz around the league" as well

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Nonsense story. It's gonna differ team by team there is no way to know any sort of true concensus on that. Where the Rams are currently the veteran option in Bradford makes sense but even so, I am not certain they would choose Bradford over both those QBs if offered a straight up choice.

It's all smoke screen right now and will be up to the point a move is made. Only thing we can know for sure is if they cut Bradford they will lose him because some team will be desperate enough to throw money at him. I hope it won't come to that, but if it does they better have a very good plan in place to replace him.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Because he may not get cut until August. Just saying that if "the buzz" thinks he's in the catagory of Mariota/Winston, and that he might be available, I'd think trade rumors would "buzz around the league" as well
It seems that this would have to be true. If teams honestly would rather have Bradford than Mariota or Winston then they would also likely not be balking at taking on his contract in a sign and trade type deal. If not, then Bradford really has no shot at improving his situation in free agency. I don't see where you can have it both ways. If Bradford supposedly has all the leverage that means teams are willing to pay him big bucks. If they are willing to do that then why wouldn't they be willing to trade their 1st rounder and put St Louis in a position to trade up for one of the two?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It seems that this would have to be true. If teams honestly would rather have Bradford than Mariota or Winston then they would also likely not be balking at taking on his contract in a sign and trade type deal. If not, then Bradford really has no shot at improving his situation in free agency. I don't see where you can have it both ways. If Bradford supposedly has all the leverage that means teams are willing to pay him big bucks. If they are willing to do that then why wouldn't they be willing to trade their 1st rounder and put St Louis in a position to trade up for one of the two?
Yeah, I cant see how "if he was a free agent, I'd rather have him then the #1 overall pick" isnt at least worth an offer of a 4th rounder, just to "kick the tires"
"The Buzz" has a funny way of going about things I guess

Athos

Legend
Well, if we're talking health and you were 100% sure Bradford would come back 100% with as much injury risk as the next guy in the NFL, shit yea they would.

Bradford, imo, has top 10 QB-talents imo. His arm is better than Winston and Mariota. Easy. The poor guy was cursed to be drafted by the worst team in the NFL over several seasons with no real, smart investment in the O-line to protect it's Bentley from getting dinged ever time it's taken out for a test drive and is using shitty cheap synthetic oil in it (WRs in this analogy if you're still following) and retread tires (RBs).

If Sam went to a better team, I have a feeling he'd explode.

Which is why our best case scenario for the playoffs is maximizing O-Line protections ala the Cowgirls and praying to the gods he gets and stays healthy.

Irish

Starter
Well, if we're talking health and you were 100% sure Bradford would come back 100% with as much injury risk as the next guy in the NFL, crap yea they would.

Bradford, imo, has top 10 QB-talents imo. His arm is better than Winston and Mariota. Easy. The poor guy was cursed to be drafted by the worst team in the NFL over several seasons with no real, smart investment in the O-line to protect it's Bentley from getting dinged ever time it's taken out for a test drive and is using crappy cheap synthetic oil in it (WRs in this analogy if you're still following) and retread tires (RBs).

If Sam went to a better team, I have a feeling he'd explode.

Which is why our best case scenario for the playoffs is maximizing O-Line protections ala the Cowgirls and praying to the gods he gets and stays healthy.

Not to be pedantic, but statistically he was drafted by the worst team in NFL history. The Rams going 15-65 over 5 season had never been done, and hasn't been done since.