Teams prefer Bradford over Mariota or Winston if QB is cut

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

The part that everyone is missing, and its pretty much the crux of the sitch, is WHEN he were to be cut.
Sure if he's cut today his value would be pretty much at its highest.
But it wouldnt make any sense for the Rams to cut him until after pre-season.
As for the "4th round" value that I inadvertently put on him, that was merely an example of how hypocritcal the article would be if Bradford doesn't provoke any trade offers if he hasnt been resigned by the time a trade would be allowed

its also draft dependent, imo.

sam might have fetched a 2nd or 3rd rounder in last years draft but could be worth a 1st in this years

either way i don't see Sam outside of horns

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I would trade Bradford for Winston in a heartbeat. Any team that is saying that they prefer Bradford with his ACLs and other injury past to Winston is making it up.

Bradford with no injury sure thing. No brainer, because he is a proven quality QB and any first round pick at any position can bust, especially QBs. But Bradford is injured and has an injury history. Winston is big and strong and is a first over all caliber player.

I really think that any source saying that they prefer injured Bradford to Winston or Mariota are just talking out of their ass to give the guy something to write about. Or if they are naïve they may be trying to make Fisher think that he has a diamond in Sam and there is no need to attempt to trade up to get one of the top two QBs. That way they are eliminating competition to move up.

I just don't know if the Rams could overcome Winston's 3 INT average per game. I know I couldn't. We got problems at QB either way. Bradford can't stay healthy. This year's crop of QBs in the draft don't warrant a 1st round pick. FAs available are not much better than what we already have on the roster. And the 2nd tier QBs in the draft seem to need some grooming before they can start. It's time for divine intervention in our QB search. We really need to find that hidden gem in the middle rounds because we need to use our top picks on the OL. :palm:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
He would get no more then 4-5 million a year. The guy has really proved nothing except for he hasnt been able to stay healthy. Theres more questions then answers with Sam
Is it cognitive dissidence that has displaced the fact that his first knee injury was an illegal hit out of bounds? How is this Sam's fault for not staying healthy?

They would have suspended that Panther player for a yr if that hit was on your favorite cheater - Brady.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Is it cognitive dissidence that has displaced the fact that his first knee injury was an illegal hit out of bounds? How is this Sam's fault for not staying healthy?

They would have suspended that Panther player for a yr if that hit was on your favorite cheater - Brady.

Thing is it wasn't a shot to the knee. The guy didn't do a header into SAMs knee, or a slide. It was more of a shove that in most cases does not cause a severe injury.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He would get no more then 4-5 million a year. The guy has really proved nothing except for he hasnt been able to stay healthy. Theres more questions then answers with Sam

Double that...and you'll get a more accurate approximation.

ram007

Starter
Rams need to ensure Bradford doesn't end up with Bruce Arians. Assuming a healthy knee, bradford would be god send for Arian's style. I would like Rams to avoid this outcome at all costs.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Thing is it wasn't a shot to the knee. The guy didn't do a header into SAMs knee, or a slide. It was more of a shove that in most cases does not cause a severe injury.
It was an illegal hit. Sam thought he was free when he got out of bounds. He wasn't in a good position to absorb a hit, and he knew it,which is why he went out of bounds.

Who gets away with that in this league? If the hit had happened against Manning, Brady, Brees, Wussel Wilson, or several other name brand players the league would still be outraged and no one would be blaming the QB as weak or injury prone.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
where the heck did you get that from? Winston has 28 int in 27 games.....
It's just my projection of the results he may encounter against NFL Ds given his propensity to throw picks against the better college Ds. I fear his rookie year promises to be
ugly.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It was an illegal hit. Sam thought he was free when he got out of bounds. He wasn't in a good position to absorb a hit, and he knew it,which is why he went out of bounds.

Who gets away with that in this league? If the hit had happened against Manning, Brady, Brees, Wussel Wilson, or several other name brand players the league would still be outraged and no one would be blaming the QB as weak or injury prone.

I am not disputing it being an illegal hit. I think the guy deserved to have his career ended himself for the unnecessary hit and the celebration that insued afterward. But it didn't appear to really be that much of a hit. Some guys just get hurt easier than others.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I am not disputing it being an illegal hit. I think the guy deserved to have his career ended himself for the unnecessary hit and the celebration that insued afterward. But it didn't appear to really be that much of a hit. Some guys just get hurt easier than others.
I fear you are right. Bradford has progressed nicely as an NFL QB despite being injured so often. But he just can't manage to stay on the field enough to be counted on. It's a shame. He really needed to start his career behind a better OL. Now I fear it's too late for that. He may be able to shine momentarily but I think the damage may be done.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
My point is that Sam was in a vulnerable position, he knew he was vulnerable and not prepared for a hit, so he got out-of-bounds to protect himself, and the guy hit him anyway. I think you're blaming Sam unfairly here for getting hurt. What exactly was he supposed to do? Players learn how to protect themselves from injury. Most times this works. But other times freak injuries occur, or worse, someone steps outside the rules and causes injury to someone else. To me, this is like blaming Aaron Rodgers for getting injured when that animal from Detroit deliberately stepped on his calf. What's the diff here?

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I fear you are right. Bradford has progressed nicely as an NFL QB despite being injured so often. But he just can't manage to stay on the field enough to be counted on. It's a shame. He really needed to start his career behind a better OL. Now I fear it's too late for that. He may be able to shine momentarily but I think the damage may be done.
I'm not saying we've had great offensive lines because we know that isn't true...but I really don't attribute Bradford's ACL injuries to poor line play. His first happened out of bounds and his second one he was barely touched.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Never been a fan of Bleacher Report, either. But they are hiring real reporters . . .this one is:

Jason Cole has covered the NFL since 1992, working for the Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel, The Miami Herald and Yahoo! Sports. He has won numerous awards for his reporting, including two first-place and one second-place award from the Pro Football Writers of America in 2013. He is a graduate of Stanford University.

So, a Stanford educated award winning writer who has covered the NFL nearly 25 years is dismissed because his employer is not well liked. And because Bleacher Report has a bad reputation, this report is dismissed. I wonder if it isn't the content that is dismissed and because of that, the source has to be attacked. If he said Sam has to take pay cut or he will be released I suspect some would tout this same reporters credentials.

So, because he reports that he's talked to a few NFL people about Bradford and it rates him above two potential draft picks it must be bunk.

Again, I don't know why he'd lie. What would be in it for him to make this up? Why would execs lie?

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Never been a fan of Bleacher Report, either. But they are hiring real reporters . . .this one is:

Jason Cole has covered the NFL since 1992, working for the Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel, The Miami Herald and Yahoo! Sports. He has won numerous awards for his reporting, including two first-place and one second-place award from the Pro Football Writers of America in 2013. He is a graduate of Stanford University.

So, a Stanford educated award winning writer who has covered the NFL nearly 25 years is dismissed because his employer is not well liked. And because Bleacher Report has a bad reputation, this report is dismissed. I wonder if it isn't the content that is dismissed and because of that, the source has to be attacked. If he said Sam has to take pay cut or he will be released I suspect some would tout this same reporters credentials.

So, because he reports that he's talked to a few NFL people about Bradford and it rates him above two potential draft picks it must be bunk.

Again, I don't know why he'd lie. What would be in it for him to make this up? Why would execs lie?
I think the only flaw we have in this forum is we tend to dismiss media types that have different views than our own.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Here's the play (again)...

Line play was "okay", but no open receivers. What's a QB to do when, in general, the OL can't hold a pocket and the WR's can't get open. Lots of factors play into the conditions that lead to Sam's 1st injury.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
I think the only flaw we have in this forum is we tend to dismiss media types that have different views than our own.
Yes, that's right. I've learned a while back to jsut accept media for what they are, a diverse group and some do a better job than others.

One example is I criticized one set of articles that had headlines that did not fit the information presented in the article. The Nick Foels story and the "Rams want Sam back "at right price".

Again, both may be true, but in neither case is a Ram official or even an unnamed source used. Here, at least, it's a guy who *says* he spoke to people and he has a good reputation and good credentials. At some point, you have to trust reporters or not. Many rumors are true and as we've seen manyu turn out to be false.

But to dismiss Bleacher Report as unreliable because it says something a little positive about Sam seems unfair. The National Enquirer was mocked for the John Edwards baby story . .. until it proved to be true. So, afterwards, the NE had to at least be considered.

Here, I have no idea what a couple of league people said about Sam. And it didn't really promote Sam as much as it did doubt the potential of Winston and Mariotta, which, has been reported elsewhere, that they are not top-shelf prospects compares to other years.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Trade him to Tennessee with the 10th overall pick and let's draft Amari Cooper.

http://www.endzonescore.com/nfl-rumors-sam-bradford-jameis-winston-marcus-mariota/

Okay, so, this Jason Cole article is criticized because he writes for Bleacher report, fair enough. But now, this guy

upload_2015-2-10_13-9-46.png

Nate Williams says, "Now, say you’re an NFL executive — wouldn’t you at least give yourself a chance at a franchise quarterback by selecting a young, healthy, and athletic Winston or Mariota?"

Fair enough. The Cole point is not that Sam is a great, awesome alternative to people . . . the point is that some are down on Winston or Mariota. That even a injured QB is a better prospect than those two.

Now, Cole is a member of the Pro Football Writers Assocation. He's won awards voted on by his peers. He's been in the biz for 25 years.

Nate Williams is a member of the Fantasy Sports Writers Association. Has he won awards voted on by his peers? I don't know.

Hmmmmm

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Because, you know, some guy said so without citing any names, any quotes, or any specific examples whatsoever. /Sarcasm
smilie3.gif

its on the internet so it has to be true.

So, as not to ruffle any feathers, these are comments from the PD board . .. and they reflect the Bradford litmus test for information. (BLTI)

Jason Cole becomes "some guy" and his methods, used by Mort and Adam S and others, including the old Pro Football Weekly, are dismissed.

And the old standby----"it's on the internet so it has to be true"

I would sumbit if the was someone, anonymously, saying Sam sucked and was what they thought, such criticisms would not be applied.