Stuff about Wentz

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Why would that be a bad thing? Only reason Sam didn't work out is that they did jack crap to help him out. If he has Brasfords talent level, Rams should be fine as long as they don't flake out AGAIN, with surrounding him with real talent.

:ROFLMAO:

Why hold out for the spider queen with daddy issues? He'll just wind up another footnote in one of her terrible songs.

Nah man.

He's going for J-Law.

I read a tweet that showed the difference in coaching for Goff and Wentz. Pederson and Reich were both NFL QBs for about 12 years, plus another of his coaches was also. All have been NFL assistants for several years also.. And Goff has the defense minded Fisher, second year coach Weinke, and Oline/TE coach Boras.

I couldnt track down the tweet, but looking at it that way makes it apparent that Wentz has a huge advantage over Goff. I hope Fisher is making plans with someone like Roman for the off-season. I would hire him right now to oversee the offensive coaches and give him full control of that side of the ball.

rdw

Pro Bowler
Another Goff vs Wentz Thread....Excuse me....
{IMG]
]View: http://i.imgur.com/U5C3GSS.gif[/IMG]

5ujgw0W.gif

RamWoodie

Legend
I know Goff is our QB, and I was for drafting Goff over Wentz, and hope he takes off as a top 10 QB. I also am pretty sure Wentz would have been riding the bench as well if we drafted him.

However, the more I learn about Wentz and how he is as a person, and the people around him, the more I like him and want him to succeed.

http://nypost.com/2016/09/20/meet-carson-wentzs-girlfriend-a-perfect-north-dakota-relationship/
I don't buy this viewpoint at all because the FACTS say otherwise. All the Wentz vs Goff stuff aside...(and yes...I wanted Wentz over Goff).

Wentz is starting because he showed himself capable of doing so...even though the guy only played one preseason game where he got the rib injury.

IT DOES NOT MATTER THE COACHING STAFFS. What mattered here is the fact that Wentz showed himself to be ready, so he started.

I've seen Goff in preseason and IMMEDIATELY concluded he would not be ready. Keep in mind I'm in the kids corner and he has great ability...but let's be frank...IT HASN'T ALL COME TOGETHER YET.

I MUST conclude had Wentz come to the Rams, He would have started because both Wentz and Goff have stronger arms than Keenum.

As I've said...the fact that Goff isn't starting doesn't mean when he does, he *couldn't* excel past Wentz over time...but if anyone thinks Wentz's success thus far doesn't prove he was more NFL ready than Goff their kidding themselves...PERIOD!!!

THE FACTS SAY OTHERWISE!

fearsomefour

Legend
I can't help but to feel that Wentz is the real thing and in Goff we have drafted Bradford 2.0.
I hope that I'm wrong and it is just the coaching staff that is holding Goff back.
Goff has injury problems?
Cause that's all that really held Bradford back...that and terrible coaching.

fearsomefour

Legend
Pre nup.
Pre nup.
It's all got the world by tail, all our dreams are coming stuff now. Let's fast forward a few years there son when you have a bad back and a bad knee you are hooked on pain killers and she is blowing an old track team mate on the side because you "just don't pay attention anymore."
Pre nup.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Goff has injury problems?
Cause that's all that really held Bradford back...that and terrible coaching.
We don't know that yet because he hasn't been able to learn to play the position, but he is built like Bradford...

RamWoodie

Legend
In Memphis, we're getting the Steelers at Eagles game. I hope some of you guys can see Wentz...the guy is way ahead of Goff mentally...and he's unflappable!

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Carson Wentz is good! Before anyone says it this isn't about Goff. Wentz just had a really good game to beat Pittsburgh. 23/31 301 yards 2 tds and no ints.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
I pounded the table to take him and his success is no surprise to me. Now, if we can see what Goff can do...

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Many of us were Wentz guys, including myself but it's unfair to write off Goff BC the guy just hasn't had a chance. It'll be hard to judge even when he does start BC the Iggles playbook is more qb friendly.

It just burns a little deeper to see his success but I am confident Goff will be a star.. Once fish is gone :mad::confused:

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
Many of us were Wentz guys, including myself but it's unfair to write off Goff BC the guy just hasn't had a chance. It'll be hard to judge even when he does start BC the Iggles playbook is more qb friendly.

It just burns a little deeper to see his success but I am confident Goff will be a star.. Once fish is gone :mad::confused:
It's more than unfair.It's not very smart either.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
We just need to make one thread for all things Wentz vs Goff. It's getting to be a bit much at this point.

Also, Wentz looked like garbage until he took snaps in the regular season. It just goes to show you there is NO substitute for evaluation to real, live games when the bullets are flying and you are playing with the starting offense. Until Goff gets a chance to start, any conclusions are pointless. And even then, they will still be premature. I don't care who has the better rookie year. I care who is the better guy for a franchise over the course of his career. I think that will be Goff, but time will tell.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
We just need to make one thread for all things Wentz vs Goff. It's getting to be a bit much at this point.

Also, Wentz looked like garbage until he took snaps in the regular season. It just goes to show you there is NO substitute for evaluation to real, live games when the bullets are flying and you are playing with the starting offense. Until Goff gets a chance to start, any conclusions are pointless. And even then, they will still be premature. I don't care who has the better rookie year. I care who is the better guy for a franchise over the course of his career. I think that will be Goff, but time will tell.
I have an Idea.Let's only talk about Wentz on a Eagles site.He doesn't play for the Rams so
I really could care less about him.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
week 1 vs. Browns
Week 2 vs. Bears
Week 3 vs. Steelers & the steelers didn't show up

Lets let Goff decide his future in a few weeks folks!!!!

Memphis Ram

Legend
I have an Idea.Let's only talk about Wentz on a Eagles site.He doesn't play for the Rams so
I really could care less about him.

It would nice if the site had an around the league forum to discuss non-Rams news/players so that posters who can't stand to see such (but feel the need to open such links anyway) on this forum would be happier.:(

BKBISTRO

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't buy this viewpoint at all because the FACTS say otherwise. All the Wentz vs Goff stuff aside...(and yes...I wanted Wentz over Goff).

Wentz is starting because he showed himself capable of doing so...even though the guy only played one preseason game where he got the rib injury.

IT DOES NOT MATTER THE COACHING STAFFS. What mattered here is the fact that Wentz showed himself to be ready, so he started.

I've seen Goff in preseason and IMMEDIATELY concluded he would not be ready. Keep in mind I'm in the kids corner and he has great ability...but let's be frank...IT HASN'T ALL COME TOGETHER YET.

I MUST conclude had Wentz come to the Rams, He would have started because both Wentz and Goff have stronger arms than Keenum.

As I've said...the fact that Goff isn't starting doesn't mean when he does, he *couldn't* excel past Wentz over time...but if anyone thinks Wentz's success thus far doesn't prove he was more NFL ready than Goff their kidding themselves...PERIOD!!!

THE FACTS SAY OTHERWISE!
All I have to say about coaching and organization being a huge factor as to why Goff is not ready to play is this: How do you explain the success, albeit early, of not only Wentz, but also guys like Dak, Siemian, and even Brissett? You don't think if Goff ended up on another team maybe he could have at least somewhat decent success similar to these guys who (exception of Wentz) are not nearly as physically talented nor as highly touted as Goff?