Stuff about Wentz

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You offered an explanation. That doesn't mean I owe it any deference. It's not an explanation I buy into. Fisher has a history of doing this. That is an explanation that makes far more sense to me.

You can take me saying that Fisher has a history of doing this as saying he's dumb or stubborn. Reality is that his history is his history. I don't agree with his method. But it's his method. He's hardly the only coach this is true of. Vikings fans have pointed out Mike Zimmer's reluctance to play rookies. Same thing with Cleveland fans and Mike Pettine. Some coaches have a philosophy that they generally adhere to.
That's cool. I wasn't trying to convince you that my explanation was the *only* explanation. I only offered one. You thought it was strange, and I didn't. I've yet to hear you offer any reasoning as to why Fisher would be reluctant to start rookies though. I mean, you must have some sort of theory on the matter. I only suggested you might think he's stubborn or stupid or both because you haven't offered anything on your own. You've outright said he's stupid before (and in so many words), so it's not really a stretch for me to infer that it's your line of thinking.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's cool. I wasn't trying to convince you that my explanation was the *only* explanation. I only offered one. You thought it was strange, and I didn't. I've yet to hear you offer any reasoning as to why Fisher would be reluctant to start rookies though. I mean, you must have some sort of theory on the matter. I only suggested you might think he's stubborn or stupid or both because you haven't offered anything on your own. You've outright said he's stupid before (and in so many words), so it's not really a stretch for me to infer that it's your line of thinking.

Why does he do it? It's the old school mentality that rookies aren't mentally prepared to play. He wants to ease them in. There are some exceptions.(he generally starts HBs and DBs immediately) Basically, Fisher presumes the rookie isn't ready until he's proven wrong. There's nothing inherently wrong with that. Thing is that most teams presently do the opposite with early round rookies. They presume the rookie is ready to start until the rookie proves them wrong.