Sounds like it's Goff..

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I stayed up last night boys rewatching endless videos of Goff on YouTube. Now granted, a lot of them are highlights so the negative stuff didn't really show up.. Fortunately if you dig around on the web, you can find full games..

Any who, I came away with the same tingly feeling I did when I first started "scouting" him back in the fall. The one thing that sticks out to me, aside from his amazing deep ball accuracy and touch, is his feet!! This guy's pocket awareness and elusiveness is easily top 5 when he walks in the league. No I'm not being a homer BC he's likely our pick(shoot, I was banging the table for Wentz for a while), but he reminds me a lot of a guy I have a chance to watch here locally: Tom Brady. He's got the same look and feel to Brady, and he seems to carry the same moxy. One other thing to note is great ability to look off coverage. This kid has abilities coming into the league that some take years to develop. My two concerns are, however, his nack for extending a qb sneak or run for tbat extra yard or two instead of getting down (you'll get lit up in the big boys league, bro!) and his size. The guy has ice in his veins when it comes to pressure, but he has to bulk up a bit, not too much, if he wants to make it through a grueling NFL season. Overall, the analysts on game film were compari g him to Rogers and Favre with his elusiveness and ability to slide around back there until something develops. Oh and another thing, he incorporates the hard count very well like Rogers too! He does it all.

This kid is the real deal and I look forward to seeing him hold up the #1 jersey Thursday night!

(Let's just hope my little nephew can hang tight and pop out Friday! *crosses fingers*)

Cheers boys
:rockon::rockon:

If he's born on draft day you they have to name him after the draft pick. Them's the rules!

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I just don't think Goff is as good as everyone is now making him out to be. I don't like that he is a "quiet leader", I don't like how his deep balls floats, I see a good but not great QB. Its more of they will regret not drafting Wentz as I see him be a special player that will be great. The rams need great not good. I'm sorry I'm not on the Goff love train but this is what my gut tells me.

IMO, if they select Goff, I believe it will be as much about Fisher-Snead producing now, rather than developing one for the future. Obviously many will disagree, but that's how I feel....time will tell. They got a second look at both this week, I hope they know what they're seeing...I sure don't. Then again I don't get paid millions for my opinion either. :baghead:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Haven't said one single negative word about Goff since this whole thing started. Why? Because he's an excellent prospect and i will be excited if he's the pick. I think we can all agree(maybe) that in terms of BPA between the two that the gap is marginal.
It comes down to fit and philosophy.
Wentz is a better fit in LA. Goff is a better fit in Philly.
If we draft Wentz, will you watch him on Hard Knocks?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
@OldSchool So should we just call Canton and get his Gold Jacket ready, even before he plays a down? I mean since his greatness apparently is or should be a foregone conclusion?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@OldSchool So should we just call Canton and get his Gold Jacket ready, even before he plays a down? I mean since his greatness apparently is or should be a foregone conclusion?
Warners? I'm pretty sure I never once claimed Goff was going to be great or destined for Canton. You can in your attempt to argue your point go ahead and put more words in my mouth though if you feel it necessary.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought Chris Simms was pretty spot on, actually.

He saw the throwing hitch I described months ago, which affects his spiral. I posted graphs and vids about the draw in Goff's long ball and it's the hitch that causes it. It's a defect in his throwing motion. Maybe they can get him to spend time with Tom House like Brady does. Frankly, after his first season, I can't think of a better use of his time...

But that throwing motion is going to need to be really worked on for him to have long term success in the NFL.

Extreme exaggeration.

So it's an advantage that Goff had a crappy team and a disadvantage that Wentz had a good team. Got it

Actually, yes, it is. The same way it's an advantage for young QBs to not have great mobility. Generally, mobility allows QBs to get away with bad habits and not develop ones that are necessary for the NFL. Having a great team around you can do the same thing.

Yes. Go ahead and do it. Will help them prepare for his HOF ceremony in 20 or so years.

FloridaBison

Dreamin of the back 9
Name
floridabison
Mackeyser. You are as Hoot man. I do appreciate your input!

Care to prognosticate on whether our Lightning will beat the Isles?

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Dude had the same amount of combined time to throw in his whole career as Brady has in one drive....

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Mackeyser. You are as Hoot man. I do appreciate your input!

Care to prognosticate on whether our Lightning will beat the Isles?

I always think our Lightning will win. I'm a transplant to Tampa, but the Lightning is the only Tampa team that I really root for...

Oh, and screw the NJ Devils for ruining hockey, with their "dump and hump" playstyle... When the Great One played, teams actually moved the puck...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I always think our Lightning will win. I'm a transplant to Tampa, but the Lightning is the only Tampa team that I really root for...

Oh, and screw the NJ Devils for ruining hockey, with their "dump and hump" playstyle... When the Great One played, teams actually moved the puck...

I had no idea you live in Tampa. Never looked at your location. I'll be working and living in Tampa this summer.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
South of...other side of the Skyway Bridge, but yeah.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
@Mackeyser @jrry32

I sense this opportunity brewing... :sneaky:

1378668162739384_animate.gif

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Im not saying Goff will be a bust but I don't think he is or will be as good as Wentz. Goff will be good but Wentz will be great and you cant pass on greatness.

Goff is a more finished product than Wentz. Sure Wentz may reach his ceiling. Mayock says he has Brady/Manning potential. But, it is just potential. He could be great, but he could also be Cutler, Stafford level average too. Right now, with his accuracy, touch, and pocket movement Goff looks like the surer thing, because he is closer to it than Wentz. So do the Rams go for potential with a high ceiling, or shoot for the moon?

A few things that I think may affect Wentz is the speed of the next level and locking on to one target. He is not great at consistently making all of his reads and when he finds a target he looks at him too long, because he has a slower throwing motion. Wentz has a lot of work to do to catch up to where Goff is. And if his instincts are to run like a fullback, he is going to be injured often. I prefer the guy with the great pocket presence that had pass rushers in his face all game and still made reads, accurate throws and threw receivers open, even if he is being called a Matt Ryan clone. I'll take Matt Ryan, over a chance of that Wentz becomes Andrew Luck.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Bradford had insane accuracy and a quiet confidence, just saying

And he locked onto his main read too often. Plus he was very bad at sensing the pass rush pressure. He often fell to sacks that didn't happen instead of getting the pass of. I was not a fan of Sam's on field leadership either but other good QBs have had laidback personalities. They don't all have to be screamers to motivate.