Sounds like it's Goff..

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Bradford lacked pocket presence and never had the chance to develop it in college because most of the time he had a very clean pocket from which to throw. Goff had to throw with bodies flying around him all the time.
So it's an advantage that Goff had a crappy team and a disadvantage that Wentz had a good team. Got it

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Kinda like Donald and Gurley right??

Or like trading down and passing on Alshon Jeffery for Isaiah Pead and Rok Watkins?

Don't do that. That's a bad games for Rams fans to get into.
ttt_WOPR.png

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
So it's an advantage that Goff had a crappy team and a disadvantage that Wentz had a good team. Got it

No, you don't "got it."

One, I never said anything about it being a disadvantage for Wentz that he was on a good team. The only thing I mentioned about Wentz was in my first post on this thread, where I said I actually favored him - slightly - over Goff.

Two, I said relative to Sam Bradford (i.e. the name of a former Ram QB who YOU brought into the discussion), Goff had much more of a chance to develop his pocket presence, thanks to a weak OL in front of him, and he did that very well. In other words, Goff is much better prepared coming in to handle an NFL pass rush than was Bradford.

Edited to add that I think Wentz is also better prepared in that than Bradford, given his mobility/escapability.

Last edited:

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I thought Chris Simms was pretty spot on, actually.

He saw the throwing hitch I described months ago, which affects his spiral. I posted graphs and vids about the draw in Goff's long ball and it's the hitch that causes it. It's a defect in his throwing motion. Maybe they can get him to spend time with Tom House like Brady does. Frankly, after his first season, I can't think of a better use of his time...

But that throwing motion is going to need to be really worked on for him to have long term success in the NFL.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler

No one ever said it was an advantage or disadvantage. However, it is a variable that needs to be considered when watching film and judging accuracy. To ignore it is to be wilfully ignorant.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Edit: So much criticism of a player who has yet to throw a pass with the Rams....yawn.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I'm not criticizing, I'm just stating what is. Because I want the Rams to succeed, that means I want Goff to succeed because the Rams are taking Goff.

This feel like Chris Long all over again... /sigh...

I got shouted at because guys were shouting sure that he was gonna be this sack master. I pointed out time and again that he had significant footwork issues and he didn't use his hands very well and that while he had fantastic hustle, I could never see him being more than a 10 sack a year guy, but #2 overall seemed like a premium slot for that and there was no guarantee he'd even get to the 10 sacks a year.

Funny...in an interview at the end of the year, Chris Long admitted that he wasn't happy with his year and he had a lot of things to work on and one of the things he mentioned was his footwork. *crickets* from the shouting crowd. I didn't care. He was a Ram and I wanted him to get better. And when he went to MMAthletics to improve his hands, I was overjoyed. And it really did help him. He did everything in his power to keep improving himself as a player and maximize his physical gifts and he became that 10 sack a year guy.

But does that mean we automatically assume everyone does that? Everyone reaches their potential now? We just minimize flaws, focus on highlights and think happy thoughts and project playoffs?

Pretty sure once the regular season starts, it doesn't work like that...

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
All you need are eyes man....background stuff is about character. If a guy can play, and you've watched a lil football, everyone can usually tell who can play.....

Agree 100%. which (even as a lifelong UCLA fan), I didn't, (and don't) like Hundley.
But I'm old and wear glasses.:boxing:

rdw

Pro Bowler
Or like trading down and passing on Alshon Jeffery for Isaiah Pead and Rok Watkins?

Don't do that. That's a bad games for Rams fans to get into.
ttt_WOPR.png
Never heard of a team hitting on all their picks but I get your point.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Only because he(Goff) proved playing behind that crappy team he could lead and OVERCOME adversity of playing with the worst while honing your skills in doing so in every way and finally using those skills to WILL those losers into a winning team while putting up some amazing stats that proved they just jumped on his back and rode him to everything they got. Carson got hurt and the team won MORE game without him than WITH him. 56/1 is one stat you just have to shake your head at. Admit that is amazing no matter who you are playing with. Especially if they are crappy.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Warner threw a wobbly ball. Just sayin, Chris Sims.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Warner threw a wobbly ball. Just sayin, Chris Sims.

Warner threw ducks because of a weak pinky on his throwing hand. I don't remember why, if because of injury, length of pinky (hand size is one thing, but if the pinky is really tiny, it can really make it hard to keep the ball stable).

Goff's throws have wobble because he has a hitch in his throwing motion. He c0cks his wrist. Totally different.

Simms wasn't wrong and it's right there on the film if anyone cares to look. Heck, I pointed out his hitch MONTHS ago...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Warner threw ducks because of a weak pinky on his throwing hand. I don't remember why, if because of injury, length of pinky (hand size is one thing, but if the pinky is really tiny, it can really make it hard to keep the ball stable).

Goff's throws have wobble because he has a hitch in his throwing motion. He c0cks his wrist. Totally different.

Simms wasn't wrong and it's right there on the film if anyone cares to look. Heck, I pointed out his hitch MONTHS ago...

I don't think Warner ever consistently threw a spiral. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.