Sam's back

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Surely 5 years of Sam is enough of a sample size to go off?

After last night I'm back on board with:
USATSI_7644463.jpg

I would be so stoked if we took Hundley!

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
One thing I was very surprised to see in Davis was he was makeing his reads. He was tipping nothing and getting the ball out on time. It took Sam a lot longer to do this, but Davis has wayyyyy better weapons than Bradford. Bradford was shredding defenses before he got hurt, though.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Plot twist, Bradford didn't hurt his ACL this year at all and the Rams fooled everyone, including the reporters. Bradford has really been at a facility on Mars being trained the secrets of quarterbacking by football playing aliens. He will return this year and go down as the best QB in history by throwing 40 TD's and no picks. He will hoist the Lombardi trophy in December because all the other teams decide they don't want to play against him.

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
20140907_110601.jpg

Coach and Bradford spent a lot of time
together at warm-up game 1. I just don't believe that the Rams are going to cut his salary or walk away. I still believe that Bradford is Fishers guy going forward.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
He will come back somewhere. Then we can compare him to Davis and see how that looks.

Long way till next season but I find it extremely odd he's two weeks removed and already walking without a crutch. Would love to know more about this recent surgery...

The bright spot about Sam's injury is that he didn't re-injure his ACL, only his MCL. I look for him to come back and be our QB. Probably at a reduced price under a new short term "prove it" contract. I think Mark Twain said it best: The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

no no. I believe he has that backwards. He only retore the ACL not MCL or LCL or any other crap. I think it was a much cleaner tear this time they said unlike last time which blew his whole knee out. thats probably why he felt ok after the hit

I believe Robocop is right. At least that is the way I recall it. He received a more minor re-tear of the ACL only. Don't shoot me but I'm thinking is knee will be much stronger next season than it was to start this season.

I too think the Rams and Bradford need to restructure the last year of his deal and incorporate some significant pay for play incentives. I would love to see something with a pretty low base, yet the ability to make at least his expected salary if he reaches several bench marks like playing all 19 games. :D

It is my opinion that a healthy Sam Bradford is better than most QB options - current or future.

All that being said, I do like what I've seen Davis do with very limited pro experience.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Not surprised really, Bradford has the season and offseason this time to heal that ACL. I'd love to have him back at a reduced cost and I'm sure he'll be alright with that too. However, we ought to draft a 1st round QB for insurance in case he goes down again (Hundley, Cook, or Hogan for me).

Not sold on Davis being a starter with some of his limited upside but he definitely deserves a spot as a backup QB for us. That could easily change in 3 weeks depending on his performance against the Whiners and Seahawks assuming he's starting.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
If Austin has upside above and beyond what we have see so far then he is going to be one hell of a QB.
Les man he's played against two GAWDAWFUL defenses,one just almost no talent the other decimated by injury and our next opponent is 30th currently against the pass, I won't believe what I see is true NFL starter capability until he's played well or at least respectable against our division, everyone was singing Cousins praises because he had a good game with star quality recs. against that 30th ranked Philly defense,then last night happened and it would not surprise me if Cousins is shell shocked by the experience and becomes as reticent as Alex Smith to fitting the ball in tight windows.
I'm glad the kid didn't screw the pooch so far, but he hasn't been severely tested and like I said if Hill comes back and doesn't get hurt we may not see how Davis does against the kind of defenses you have to be able to beat in the playoffs .
I hate to say it but from what I've seen , all the West defences are gonna give him fits

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Les man he's played against two GAWDAWFUL defenses,one just almost no talent the other decimated by injury and our next opponent is 30th currently against the pass, I won't believe what I see is true NFL starter capability until he's played well or at least respectable against our division, everyone was singing Cousins praises because he had a good game with star quality recs. against that 30th ranked Philly defense,then last night happened and it would not surprise me if Cousins is shell shocked by the experience and becomes as reticent as Alex Smith to fitting the ball in tight windows.
I'm glad the kid didn't screw the pooch so far, but he hasn't been severely tested and like I said if Hill comes back and doesn't get hurt we may not see how Davis does against the kind of defenses you have to be able to beat in the playoffs .
I hate to say it but from what I've seen , all the West defences are gonna give him fits

Actually the defense for Dallas has been decent, not awful. I agree the sample size IS SMALL but the kid is not intimidated by the situation and that bodes well.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Actually the defense for Dallas has been decent, not awful. I agree the sample size IS SMALL but the kid is not intimidated by the situation and that bodes well.
We hung 448 yards on Dallas and I knew we'd be able to run on them setting up our passing,last damned thing I want to do is piss on the parade ,but I gotta see AD play the West before I sing the "Monkies "............................"I'm a believer

lockdnram21

Legend
Actually depending on how Davis's season goes I'd rather bring back Sam and let those two battle it out in Camp. The Arm strength and accuracy, especially down the field, goes to bradford while davis i would say is more mobile and has better touch on the ball.

But the better part of this situation^ ? You don't need to spend a high pick on a QB. There are areas of this team that need a significant upgrade, depending on whats available in the draft. Positions off the top of my head would be: Significant - C, RG...Or we can take BPA and roll with Davis/Bradford, if Davis continues to play at the same level.
even if Davis has a pretty decent season I would still draft a qb in the first or second. He could be a one year wonder and with Bradford luck he would be hurt again. Also I have think it's going to take longer for Bradford to recover so he might miss time next season.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
They will most likely invest in a better backup situation but Bradford is still Fisher's guy. Bradford haters just better get prepared to be seeing him in a Rams uniform next year.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the Rams continue to play matador defense, I'm not certain that Fisher will be back. If Fisher doesnt return, I cant imagine a scenario where Sam does.
I'm fully expecting to be completely wrong about this and add it to my list of dumb comments, but the fact remains there's a lot of truth to it

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
even if Davis has a pretty decent season I would still draft a qb in the first or second. He could be a one year wonder and with Bradford luck he would be hurt again. Also I have think it's going to take longer for Bradford to recover so he might miss time next season.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to have a Plan B AND a Plan C.....I agree.

iced

If Davis finishes out the season strong that wouldn't be a one year wonder for me - that's proven the kid can play in this league and that we don't have to worry about the qb position, especially if we maintain this top 10 offense