Sam's back

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
The OL we saw in the first game was worse than the OL we saw all of last season, and the only player on O who's clearly better than last year is Quick.

Davis is competing with a ghost, he goes out and throws 5 TDs against Philly, then it doesn't matter because Sam would have thrown 6.

Yeah I agree. But it works both ways. As I say. Im supporting AD but I think the teams better with SB as QB - as he's a better QB. Whether they think the team will be better with someone else at QB and that $10M invested elsewhere is up to the front office - but I think you need a QB of Sam Bradford's calibre to get to the playoffs. That's just my 2cents though.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Yeah I agree. But it works both ways. As I say. Im supporting AD but I think the teams better with SB as QB - as he's a better QB. Whether they think the team will be better with someone else at QB and that $10M invested elsewhere is up to the front office - but I think you need a QB of Sam Bradford's calibre to get to the playoffs. That's just my 2cents though.

Excellent point, nothing I can't agrees with.

I'd just like to add we don't know Davis's ceiling, yet. With every outing he's gotten better. This goes back to TC, Preseason, Minnisota, TB, and now Dallas. If he continues to grow as a player, at this rate, he'll be one hell of a QB by week 16. Where does he plateau? IDK, but he hasn't. That's why I think Fisher is outside his mind by not playing him. Who gives a freak about Hill? Even if he lights it up he's still 34 and nearing the finish line of his career. Is Fisher really playing for right now or is he over/under thinking this situation.

Play the hot hand, Jeff! Is it really so easy that it's hard!

RFIP

My wife had this surgery and was back playing competitive softball within four months BUT she was in no way off crutches this soon.

And Sam himself was on them for a good long time last year of you recall when he was back on the sidelines.

Am I on your Ignore list Bro?
I promise it is not abnormal to be off crutches and walking 2 weeks after surgery.
My case is not Sams but My tear was completely in half and the day after surgery the surgeon had me at his office and physically bent my knee as far as I could tolerate with tears in my eyes Ouch!. you Usually are in bed elevating it and on a pain pump for the first couple days but still you get up and walk with crutches. Remember one of the main things you are battling is atrophy so you are mobile right away and off the crutches quick.

RFIP

Just think what we could do with another $10m though.

What? Sign the next C Finnegan?

Jared Cook?

Give it to JLau?

$10 mil for Sam Bradford will be a steak if he stays healthy, and well worth the risk if their doctors concur with his recovery.

RFIP

Then again, J. Long is still playing. Lol! Gosh it hurts too much to laugh. Davis is growing on me fast but I think we're 3-0 with Samford under center.

There is no denying Davis has done relatively well to date but people talk about his escapability and I will say that they have cut the field in to pieces for his reads, which has been well documented elsewhere, causing him to move when Sam would have been on to the second and third option.

Also he's turned the ball over (3 int's in less than 3 games), another trait Sam is adverse too.

We shall see if he continues to play but I don't see anything close to next years starter in this guy and neither does Fisher.

He brings the same fire as Clemons with a little more talent and accuracy but with the same penchant for mistakes.

Alan

Legend
RFIP thinking small:
What? Sign the next C Finnegan?

Jared Cook?

Give it to JLau?
There were two very good safeties available in FA that we could have picked up had we had CAP room. Not to mention much better options on the O-line than Davin Joseph. I know you love Sam and I am not in favor of cutting him but purposely giving ridiculous examples does not help you to make your point IMO. That just weakens your argument and causes others to doubt your ability to be objective. There are plenty of reasons you could give for not cutting him that actually make sense. Were it me, I'd use those instead.

Just saying.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
The OL we saw in the first game was worse than the OL we saw all of last season, and the only player on O who's clearly better than last year is Quick.

Davis is competing with a ghost, he goes out and throws 5 TDs against Philly, then it doesn't matter because Sam would have thrown 6.

Actually I think Cook is better, IMO all our recs. are better ,I think Stacy is as well his YPC is up .4 from last year .

I must confess to the Sam would have done better assumption in comparing Davis ,which isn't fair Sam has the talent Davis IMO is gutsier so there are going to be throws Sam wouldn't attempt Davis will complete I want to see how that aspect effects his play against the West defenses

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Yeah Davis is in that gunslinger mold. I love it - he's really gutsy and you can see why fans and his teammates get excited about it because he will make some "Wow!" plays. I guess you might have to accept he'll throw a few picks doing that - but most of the great ones did as well.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
There is no denying Davis has done relatively well to date but people talk about his escapability and I will say that they have cut the field in to pieces for his reads, which has been well documented elsewhere, causing him to move when Sam would have been on to the second and third option.

Also he's turned the ball over (3 int's in less than 3 games), another trait Sam is adverse too.

We shall see if he continues to play but I don't see anything close to next years starter in this guy and neither does Fisher.

He brings the same fire as Clemons with a little more talent and accuracy but with the same penchant for mistakes.

If Bradford just played two games like Davis has you would be preaching from the top of the hills about how awesome Bradford is and how you knew he would break out this year.

You have to give the kid more credit, saying he's playing relatively well is really selling him short.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
The whole "Sam would have done better" is a bunch of BS imo. it's all speculation.

You say Sam would be on his 2nd or 3rd option when Davis would be on the move. Is this before or after Bradford already checked down?

You know what stat I care about? Games started vs. games missed due to injury... It doesn't matter how good Bradford is if he misses time on a consistent basis.

I'd love to agree with you because I am a huge Bradford fan like you, but when a player misses 25/32 games I can't justify it.

This offense has been more exciting to watch the last few games than it has in years for the most part. Hell, the Colts game was the last exciting offensive game and Bradford wasn't even playing.

Instead of under selling Davis while praising Bradford off pure speculation, just support and hope for the best for whoever is our QB, and since right now it's Davis, just support him, instead of undermining him and comparing apples to oranges with twice torn acl's.

RFIP

If Bradford just played two games like Davis has you would be preaching from the top of the hills about how awesome Bradford is and how you knew he would break out this year.

You have to give the kid more credit, saying he's playing relatively well is really selling him short.

If Sam threw 3 picks including a game ender pick 6 he'd be crucified.

People see what they want to see, ANYTHING OR ANYONE who is not Bradford works for the haters. <shrug> I'm over that garbage. He'll find his new team soon enough then we can all compare Davis to him.

I agree Sam is the better QB, I just don't think it's a guarantee that we beat Dallas with him.

To put it simply the two most obvious plays you could change from Davis is the pick 6 and the Cook TD drop.

Change either one and Davis's passer rating goes up to 107.9 (you change the Cook drop and the last INT probably never happens but that's going too far), a mark that Peyton Manning reached in only 8 of 16 games.

To assume that Sam would automatically play better than Davis did is the only thing I took issue with.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The way Bradford was looking this preseason, I am positive we'd be 2-1 or even 3-0 with that terrible Minnesota game....He was looking better than ever, much better than last year, when he looked pretty damn good.
That being said, Davis is balling.

The way Bradford was looking this preseason, I am positive we'd be 2-1 or even 3-0 with that terrible Minnesota game....He was looking better than ever, much better than last year, when he looked pretty damn good.

So good he could play better than Peyton Manning does 50% of the time in 3 consecutive games?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

I wasn't overly impressed with the preseason myself

BKBISTRO

UDFA
The big advantage that Davis has is that he is playing like he has nothing to lose, thus he is not afraid of throwing picks and can sling it all over the field with confidence.
The disadvantage I think that Sam faces with being the highest paid #1 overall pick ever (correct me if I am wrong about that) is that I think he was always a little too afraid of making a mistake and it affected his ability to take risks to make big plays.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
So good he could play better than Peyton Manning does 50% of the time in 3 consecutive games?
Yes, Peyton is on the way down. Bradford as well as Davis are on their way up...

I wasn't overly impressed with the preseason myself
Preseason was pretty terrible. Our #1 offense with Bradford was a lone bright spot. I think they looked rather good for 3 or 4 drives...

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm not paying Sam another dime under his current contract in 2015. He needs to restructure and work under the assumption that he's fighting for a job in training camp. Rams no longer owe their future at QB to Bradford's health or potential.

Don't misunderstand, Sam will beat out any other QB in camp next year because he's better, but if he stays healthy and starts and plays well...consider it playing for a new contract at that point. Rams have to take his final year off the books regardless.

jjab360

Legend
I'm not paying Sam another dime under his current contract in 2015. He needs to restructure and work under the assumption that he's fighting for a job in training camp. Rams no longer owe their future at QB to Bradford's health or potential.

Don't misunderstand, Sam will beat out any other QB in camp next year because he's better, but if he stays healthy and starts and plays well...consider it playing for a new contract at that point. Rams have to take his final year off the books regardless.
No, you're not lol.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

This type of contract negotiations shall heretofore referred to as MojoJustice.