Sam's back

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RFIP

@jthom1: Back from knee surgery, Rams QB Sam Bradford was in locker room Weds., with no scooter, no crutches, just brace on knee.

@jthom1: @RFIPRAM He cares very much about his craft.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
The fellas on Rams Addiction were talking about this. They seem pretty convinced Sam's gone next season. They were saying he'll count for something like $16.5m against next year's cap if he stays whereas cutting him would only cost about $3.5m (if I remember the figures correctly).

I realise that signing him to a more team friendly contract is also an option but can't really argue with the above if those numbers are correct. Its a shame cus he's a very good QB and drafting a replacement (even at the top of the first round) is just as risky in my view as keeping Sam and his knee issue. Of course, Austin Davis could make all of that a moot point but lets not get ahead of ourselves

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
If Davis keeps on playing like he is (no easy feat, see Kirk Cousins) Sam may not have anything to come back to.

You say Davis, Fisher says Hill. What the heck is up with Fisher, anyhow?

I'd take Samford back in a flash at a reduced cost. I do love the way Davis has played, though.

Is it next Sunday, yet? :(

You say Davis, Fisher says Hill. What the heck is up with Fisher, anyhow?

I'd take Samford back in a flash at a reduced cost. I do love the way Davis has played, though.

Is it next Sunday, yet? :(

Who knows, Fisher may just be full of shit, or he may know something we don't.

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If Davis keeps on playing like he is (no easy feat, see Kirk Cousins) Sam may not have anything to come back to.

He will come back somewhere. Then we can compare him to Davis and see how that looks.

Long way till next season but I find it extremely odd he's two weeks removed and already walking without a crutch. Would love to know more about this recent surgery...

Alan

Legend
The bright spot about Sam's injury is that he didn't re-injure his ACL, only his MCL. I look for him to come back and be our QB. Probably at a reduced price under a new short term "prove it" contract. I think Mark Twain said it best: The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Long way till next season but I find it extremely odd he's two weeks removed and already walking without a crutch. Would love to know more about this recent surgery...

I may be remembering wrong but I believe my stint on crutches was very short after ACL reconstruction surgery, maybe 10 days.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
@jthom1: Back from knee surgery, Rams QB Sam Bradford was in locker room Weds., with no scooter, no crutches, just brace on knee.

@jthom1: @RFIPRAM He cares very much about his craft.

RFIP's future avatar....
13412175-mmmain.jpg

He will come back somewhere. Then we can compare him to Davis and see how that looks.

Surely 5 years of Sam is enough of a sample size to go off?

RFIP's future avatar....
13412175-mmmain.jpg

After last night I'm back on board with:
USATSI_7644463.jpg

RFIP

The bright spot about Sam's injury is that he didn't re-injure his ACL, only his MCL. I look for him to come back and be our QB. Probably at a reduced price under a new short term "prove it" contract. I think Mark Twain said it best: The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

How do you know this?

Is this true? Only injured his MCL?

Alan

Legend
RFIP getting his hopes dashed:
My bad RFIP. I thought I read that but I just googled it and in the same article that talked about Sam's injury they also talked about Trumaine Johnson's injury which was just an MCL. I probably screwed up but I'm still looking. If I'm wrong I apologize for getting your hopes up but the rest of what I said still goes.

These damn eyes of mine! :(

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
My first hope when seeing this title was that Sam Bradford was back after an elaborate prank that tore his knee in half again :(

RFIP

My bad RFIP. I thought I read that but I just googled it and in the same article that talked about Sam's injury they also talked about Trumaine Johnson's injury which was just an MCL. I probably screwed up but I'm still looking. If I'm wrong I apologize for getting your hopes up but the rest of what I said still goes.

No worries.

It is odd though that he's walking with crutches already.

I have seen many of my players go through this and no one was crutch free for weeks.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron

It's ok Alan, we all know you're still on cloud 9 and not thinking straight since they brought back your boy Veltung.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
What could of been IMHO I really thought we were playoff bound with a healthy Bradford,it's going to be very difficult to put my belief and trust in him again.By the time he comes back it will be almost 2 years that he has played against real competition and that in itself is a scary thought.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
How do you know this?

no no. I believe he has that backwards. He only retore the ACL not MCL or LCL or any other crap. I think it was a much cleaner tear this time they said unlike last time which blew his whole knee out. thats probably why he felt ok after the hit

Psycho_X

Legend
Not overly surprising since NFL stars get thee best treatment. I mean you can walk around with no acl after its torn you just can't make any cutting motions or plant in anyway basically without the knee feeling like it's just going to come apart. I would think just day to day walking isn't too big of an issue for him since he didn't do any other damage to the knee besides that damn acl again.