Sam's back

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The big advantage that Davis has is that he is playing like he has nothing to lose, thus he is not afraid of throwing picks and can sling it all over the field with confidence.

Mike Martz would have loved him.

RFIP

I'm not paying Sam another dime under his current contract in 2015. He needs to restructure and work under the assumption that he's fighting for a job in training camp. Rams no longer owe their future at QB to Bradford's health or potential.

Don't misunderstand, Sam will beat out any other QB in camp next year because he's better, but if he stays healthy and starts and plays well...consider it playing for a new contract at that point. Rams have to take his final year off the books regardless.

You realize he is never taking a dime less than what his contract states for next year right?

This will force the Rams hand one way or the other. And if they cut him I can't hold it against them. I just don't see it playing out that way.

I believe he comes back for the final year of his deal and he hopefully is 100% healthy and his career starts from there.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Well...

Martz is the guy who said Shaun Hill was the best QB he ever coached so there is that...

Since I have great respect for Mike Martz's opinion on QB's this means that we must be in good shape at the position

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
You realize he is never taking a dime less than what his contract states for next year right?

This will force the Rams hand one way or the other. And if they cut him I can't hold it against them. I just don't see it playing out that way.

I believe he comes back for the final year of his deal and he hopefully is 100% healthy and his career starts from there.
There is a point in sports where loyalty becomes stupidity. I believe that Bradford has the ability to be an outstanding QB for us, but the Rams can no longer hang their hat on Sam alone...or honor that contract.

I want to see Sam back here in 2015, but not under the assumption that he's the clear cut franchise QB. Rams could potentially be slitting their own wrists if they don't change the thinking concerning keeping Sam here another season.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Well...

Martz is the guy who said Shaun Hill was the best QB he ever coached so there is that...

A perfect case of buyers perception. The more it costs the better it must be.
9rs were hell bent on A.Smith

RFIP

Agree to a point.

The Rams must protect themselves by drafting the best available QB IMO to have a NE-type affect where they had Mallette now have Grappllo "just in case."

That said, Sam entering his final year and his agent will know by the off season FOR SURE what his value is elsewhere and don't kid yourself, he'd look damn good in Arozona, Tennessee, Miami, Buffalo, NYJ and Tampa Bay just to name a few teams.

IMO the Rams will have to honor the final year or release him. Tricky spot but say what you will, could you imagine they start over in year FOUR of Snisher with a rookie?

Can't see it myself but we shall see.

IMO it will be Sam, Davis and a high pick in 2015.

There is a point in sports where loyalty becomes stupidity. I believe that Bradford has the ability to be an outstanding QB for us, but the Rams can no longer hang their hat on Sam alone...or honor that contract.

I want to see Sam back here in 2015, but not under the assumption that he's the clear cut franchise QB. Rams could potentially be slitting their own wrists if they don't change the thinking concerning keeping Sam here another season.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
Im all for the Rams keeping Sam at a reduced salary. I just hope the rams cover their ass this time around and grab a QB in the first couple of rounds in the draft

AZRamsFan93

I say there is zero chance that the Rams pay Sam $16.5M next year. If they cut him they pay him zero cash and only have $3.5M dead money.

They can't risk that amount of cap room on a QB with a glass knee.

RFIP

I say there is zero chance that the Rams pay Sam $16.5M next year. If they cut him they pay him zero cash and only have $3.5M dead money.

They can't risk that amount of cap room on a QB with a glass knee.

Prepare to be disappointed my friend.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
IMO the Rams will have to honor the final year or release him. Tricky spot but say what you will, could you imagine they start over in year FOUR of Snisher with a rookie?
If they do release him, Sam will be taking pocket change from other teams. He may as well sign low here.

I know it sounds shitty to start over, but there's a solid team in place here(unlike when Sam arrived) so i actually think a young QB can thrive here.

AZRamsFan93

Prepare to be disappointed my friend.
Well you may correct. If they do pay him and he ends up unable to play, plays poorly, or gets hurt again both Fisher and Snead will be (or should be) fired.

RFIP

Well you may correct. If they do pay him and he ends up unable to play, plays poorly, or gets hurt again both Fisher and Snead will be (or should be) fired.

And if he plays well and stays healthy?

AZRamsFan93

And if he plays well and stays healthy?
The they will have got lucky, after not doing enough to minimize risk and maximize talent.

I know you are huge Bradford fan. Realistically, if they were to bring in a free agent QB for $16M that had just suffered 2 ACL tears and played in 7 games over 2 years - and he were not named Bradford - you would be calling for their jobs.

This org owes Sam nothing.

RFIP

The they will have got lucky, after not doing enough to minimize risk and maximize talent.

I know you are huge Bradford fan. Realistically, if they were to bring in a free agent QB for $16M that had just suffered 2 ACL tears and played in 7 games over 2 years - and he were not named Bradford - you would be calling for their jobs.

This org owes Sam nothing.

Never said they owed him anything...in fact if you would READ what I DID say you'd know I said the Rams have done admirably by Sam IMO.

Also, as for minimizing risk I also SAID they should draft a QB high next year, go to camp with Sam, Davis and the rookie...therefore protecting themselves for the "what if" scenario.

But if they decide to let him go I can understand that too. I'll always root for the guy though and look forward to the day he's injury free and plays again.

Just hoping that's in St. Louis.

cgsuddeath

Rookie
Name
cgsuddeath
People seem to think the issue has been at quarterback so they use Bradford 's salary and the injuries as a wedge issue to justify it when the real issue is the talent around them.Case and point,Shawn Hill.Now that the talent is catching up I feel that we'll see how good he is as Davis benefiting from the talent around him.Now if the defense can start playing to their potential we'll see what we have as a team.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well...

If martz was the hc that usually meant that qb would be cut during the week.

Got to be honest, ever time I see the title of this thread I get worried and think "what's happened to it?" Couldn't you have picked a better title @RFIP :(.